Quantcast

CsoundQT make error (0.8.2 on Debian (AV Linux))

CsoundQT make error (0.8.2 on Debian (AV Linux))

esteband
Hi All,

I've run into some problems compiling CsoundQT from source.  I cloned the latest git and, after modifying the qcs.pro files, have successfully completed the qmake step.

On the next step, "make", I get the following output.

steve@steveaudio:~/source/qutecsound-code$ make
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -D_REENTRANT -Wall -W -DQT_WEBKIT -DCSOUND6 -DQCS_RTMIDI -D__LINUX_ALSASEQ__ -D__LINUX_ALSA__ -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtXml -I/usr/include/qt4 -Irtmidi-2.1.0 -I/usr/local/include/csound -I/usr/include -Ibuild/moc -Ibuild/ui -o build/floats/obj/configdialog.o src/configdialog.cpp
src/configdialog.cpp: In constructor ‘ConfigDialog::ConfigDialog(CsoundQt*, Options*, ConfigLists*)’:
src/configdialog.cpp:79:16: error: expected type-specifier before ‘RtError’
src/configdialog.cpp:79:24: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘&’ token
src/configdialog.cpp:79:24: error: expected ‘{’ before ‘&’ token
src/configdialog.cpp:79:25: error: ‘error’ was not declared in this scope
src/configdialog.cpp:79:30: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘)’ token
src/configdialog.cpp:90:9: error: expected type-specifier before ‘RtError’
src/configdialog.cpp:90:17: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘&’ token
src/configdialog.cpp:90:17: error: expected ‘{’ before ‘&’ token
src/configdialog.cpp:90:23: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘)’ token
make: *** [build/floats/obj/configdialog.o] Error 1
steve@steveaudio:~/source/qutecsound-code$

Could anyone please enlighten me as to how I can get past this error?

Since I'm still a relative linux/compiling newbie, I'll provide some extra info in case it's useful:
-Running AV Linux 6.0.3  (based on Debian)
-building the 32bit version
-latest Csound 6
-rtmidi 2.1.0
-had to edit the qcs.pro, qcs.pri, and qcs-unix.pro files to correctly point to the various includes and libs.  I can share these edits if it's relevant.

Thanks a ton for your help!

-Steve

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQT make error (0.8.2 on Debian (AV Linux))

Tarmo Johannes
hi,

I cannot read out from your mail, what is the error message?

tarmo

On Tuesday 20 May 2014 14:18:18 esteband wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've run into some problems compiling CsoundQT from source.  I cloned the
> latest git and, after modifying the qcs.pro files, have successfully
> completed the qmake step.
>
> On the next step, "make", I get the following output.
>

> Could anyone please enlighten me as to how I can get past this error?
>
> Since I'm still a relative linux/compiling newbie, I'll provide some extra
> info in case it's useful:
> -Running AV Linux 6.0.3  (based on Debian)
> -building the 32bit version
> -latest Csound 6
> -rtmidi 2.1.0
> -had to edit the qcs.pro, qcs.pri, and qcs-unix.pro files to correctly point
> to the various includes and libs.  I can share these edits if it's
> relevant.
>

> Thanks a ton for your help!
>
> -Steve

> archive at Nabble.com.

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQT make error (0.8.2 on Debian (AV Linux))

esteband
Sorry about that.  Here's the output, posted on pastebin.

-Steve

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQT make error (0.8.2 on Debian (AV Linux))

The RtMidi API has changed in the latest version, and handles exceptions a bit differently. If you get the previous version it should work. Can you file a bug in the tracker so I can remember to fix this?

<http://pastebin.com/v2x7LqaN>  .

-Steve

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQT make error (0.8.2 on Debian (AV Linux))

esteband
Sorry - where do I go to report the bug?  I assumed your sourceforge page, but I registered on that site and still see nowhere to report any bugs.  I can view them, but not create new ones.

Can you provide me a link or detailed description of what to do?

-Steve

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQT make error (0.8.2 on Debian (AV Linux))

esteband
Nope - no "create ticket" button anywhere.  I tried accessing the page through iceweasel and chrome.  Neither of them show the button.  Sorry.

I'll check again tomorrow.

BTW - Have searched high and low for an older version of rtmidi, but with no luck.  Any tips for finding it anywhere?

Thanks!

-Steve

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 8:29 PM, Andres Cabrera [via QuteCsound Users] <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 8:29 PM, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]> wrote:
It's in the sourceforge page. If you're logged in, there should be a "Create ticket" button on the left when you are in the bugs page. Isn't there one?

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 8:17 PM, esteband <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sorry - where do I go to report the bug?  I assumed your sourceforge page,
but I registered on that site and still see nowhere to report any bugs.  I
can view them, but not create new ones.

Can you provide me a link or detailed description of what to do?

-Steve

http://qutecsound-users.829572.n3.nabble.com/CsoundQT-make-error-0-8-2-on-Debian-AV-Linux-tp4025178p4025184.html
To unsubscribe from CsoundQT make error (0.8.2 on Debian (AV Linux)), click here.
NAML

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQT make error (0.8.2 on Debian (AV Linux))

How annoying. I'm one step closer to moving to github...

I've now implemented support for RtMidi version 2.1. Haven't tested, so let me know if it doesn't work.

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 8:46 PM, esteband <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Sent from the QuteCsound Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQT make error (0.8.2 on Debian (AV Linux))

esteband
Andres, thanks!  That's a quick turnaround!

It looks like the rtmidi fix probably worked, since the make process took a long time, and I saw some happy looking rtmidi messages float by on the console.  I thought it was going to make it to the end, but I got snagged with this message:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcsound
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bin/CsoundQt-f-cs6] Error 1

After some googling, I believe this has something to do with symbolic links, or perhaps an option on the make command that I'm missing, but I'm stumped.  Any idea what I should do at this point?

Again, your help is much appreciated.

-Steve

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 9:12 PM, Andres Cabrera [via QuteCsound Users] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://qutecsound-users.829572.n3.nabble.com/CsoundQT-make-error-0-8-2-on-Debian-AV-Linux-tp4025178p4025186.html
To unsubscribe from CsoundQT make error (0.8.2 on Debian (AV Linux)), click here.
NAML

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQT make error (0.8.2 on Debian (AV Linux))

One thing:
from 'bin/CsoundQt-f-cs6' the 'f' tells that you are building a floats version
of CsoundQt, ie it would need the single-presision Csound library.

I guess, AV-Linux uses still 32-bit architecture? But it does not matter -
here the double-precision (64 bit) of Csound does not mean the architecture,
but just how precise numbers are used for inner calculations of Csound.
It is easy to get confused. I definitely suggest to use double precision -
better sound and nowadays it is not so crucial to save some performance power
with the floats build

So I guess your Csound is built double precision and that's why the library is
not found.  Or there is something else wrong in the configuration to find the
csound library (folder containing libcsound64.so for doulbe build and for
libcsound.so for floats build).

I think you are already very close! Keep going!

tarmo

On Tuesday 20 May 2014 22:47:53 esteband wrote:

> Andres, thanks!  That's a quick turnaround!
>
> It looks like the rtmidi fix probably worked, since the make process took a
> long time, and I saw some happy looking rtmidi messages float by on the
> console.  I thought it was going to make it to the end, but I got snagged
> with this message:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcsound
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [bin/CsoundQt-f-cs6] Error 1
>

> After some googling, I believe this has something to do with symbolic
> links, or perhaps an option on the make command that I'm missing, but I'm
> stumped.  Any idea what I should do at this point?
>
> Again, your help is much appreciated.
>
> -Steve
>

> On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 9:12 PM, Andres Cabrera [via QuteCsound Users] <
>
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> > How annoying. I'm one step closer to moving to github...
> >
> > I've now implemented support for RtMidi version 2.1. Haven't tested, so
> > let me know if it doesn't work.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Andrés
> >

> > On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 8:46 PM, esteband <[hidden
> > email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4025186&i=0>>
> > > wrote:
> >> Nope - no "create ticket" button anywhere.  I tried accessing the page
> >> through iceweasel and chrome.  Neither of them show the button.  Sorry.
> >>
> >> I'll check again tomorrow.
> >>
> >> BTW - Have searched high and low for an older version of rtmidi, but with
> >> no luck.  Any tips for finding it anywhere?
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >>
> >> -Steve
> >>
> >>  On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 8:29 PM, Andres Cabrera [via QuteCsound Users]
> >>  <[hidden>>

> > ----
> >
> > "Accelerate Dev Cycles with Automated Cross-Browser Testing - For FREE
> > Instantly run your Selenium tests across 300+ browser/OS combos.
> > Get unparalleled scalability from the best Selenium testing platform
> > available
> > Simple to use. Nothing to install. Get started now for free."
> > http://p.sf.net/sfu/SauceLabs

> >  click
> >
> > here<http://qutecsound-users.829572.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp
> > ?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=4025178&code=c3RldmVkdWVsbEBnbWFpbC5jb218N
> > DAyNTE3OHwyMDc3Mzk3NTc4> .
> > NAML<http://qutecsound-users.829572.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp
> > ?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml
> > .namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble
> > .view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3
> > Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabb
> > le%3Aemail.naml>

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQT make error (0.8.2 on Debian (AV Linux))

esteband
Oh yeah!  That was it, Tarmo!  Compiling it as the doubles version got me through to the end.  There is now a "CsoundQt-d-cs6" in the bin folder.

Thanks for the tip about doubles vs. float.  I recall feeling a little bummed when I thought that the doubles version wouldn't run on my hardware.  Now I'm relieved and pleased.

One further question: am I done?  So far, in my linux experience, executables usually live in /usr/bin or some place.  This one, though, is just kind of buried in the midst of the package I cloned from git.  Do CsoundQT users just leave it at that?

Thanks again for getting me over the hump!

-Steve

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 1:48 AM, Tarmo Johannes [via QuteCsound Users] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

[...]

I am glad, it worked!

No, I think, there is not any istnall script. It is just ona standalone
executable what you need, the CsoundQt-d-cs6 what you got

Just run it or copy or link ( probably to link to /usr/bin/csoundqt or
something would be most convenient) wherever you want.

If you want to use it through the applications menu, you need to create the
destop file ( or I don't know what desktop manager you use) by yourself.

Happy experimenting!

tarmo