Quantcast

CsoundQt 0.9.0

Gpp

CsoundQt 0.9.0

Gpp
Hello,

I have just installed Csound 6.04 with CsoundQt 0.9.0.
I am playing some McCurdy examples and many of them report the error:
WARNING: instr 1 uses 5 p-fields but is given 3
The same orchestras used to work in the older versions of Csound.
Can you explain this issue?

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt 0.9.0

I have not looked at it now, but
warning is not an error, rather an helping message to get better code, it should not disturb you.
Do you have any pronlems in performance?

greetings,
tarmo

Gpp

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt 0.9.0

Gpp
It never produced sounds, until I added the line
--env:SSDIR+=../SourceMaterials -o dac
at the beginning of the orchestra.
I have found the line in the Floss manual examples, while it was never necessary with the older versions of Csound. Do you know what does it mean?

Thank,

Gpp

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt 0.9.0

joachim-3
this is only possible if you are talking about the floss manual examples
(as built in the example menu), or perhaps the McCurdy examples.

when you for instance run Examples > Getting Started > Basics > Hello
World, it produces sound without this line, right?

best -
        joachim

Gpp

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt 0.9.0

Gpp
Right, the .csd files in the Examples work fine. Thank you.