Failure of install of QuteCsound on Intel Mac with OSX 10.6.8

Failure of install of QuteCsound on Intel Mac with OSX 10.6.8

Bing Glosby
I downloaded QuteCsound-0.6.1-OSX-incQt.tar.gz today (my first attempt to use this program), unzipped it and ran the resulting app. Got the following result each time I ran it:

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib.framework/Versions/5.2/CsoundLib
  Referenced from: /Users/brianingoldsby/Downloads/QuteCsound-0.6.1-OSX.app/Contents/MacOS/qutecsound-f
  Reason: image not found

Binary Images:
0x8fe00000 - 0x8fe4163b  dyld 132.1 (???) <4CDE4F04-0DD6-224E-ACE5-3C06E169A801> /usr/lib/dyld

I also downloaded, unzipped and ran version 6.0 with similar results.

Should I have downloaded some other file? If so where do I get it from? Or have I made some schoolboy error?

Any help much appreciated.

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Failure of install of QuteCsound on Intel Mac with OSX 10.6.8

joachim-3
did you install csound? this should be your version:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/csound/files/csound5/csound5.15/csound5.15-OSX10.6-universal.dmg/download
regards -
        joachim

Am 08.02.2012 22:18, schrieb Bing Glosby:

> I downloaded QuteCsound-0.6.1-OSX-incQt.tar.gz today (my first attempt to use
> this program), unzipped it and ran the resulting app. Got the following
> result each time I ran it:
>
> Dyld Error Message:
>   Library not loaded:
> /Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib.framework/Versions/5.2/CsoundLib
>   Referenced from:
> /Users/brianingoldsby/Downloads/QuteCsound-0.6.1-OSX.app/Contents/MacOS/qutecsound-f
>   Reason: image not found
>
> Binary Images:
> 0x8fe00000 - 0x8fe4163b  dyld 132.1 (???)
> <4CDE4F04-0DD6-224E-ACE5-3C06E169A801> /usr/lib/dyld
>
> I also downloaded, unzipped and ran version 6.0 with similar results.
>
> Should I have downloaded some other file? If so where do I get it from? Or
> have I made some schoolboy error?
>
> Any help much appreciated.

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Failure of install of QuteCsound on Intel Mac with OSX 10.6.8

Bing Glosby
Thank you, Joachim; I followed your advice and now have an all-singing, all-dancing app instead of the empty shell that I had earlier installed.

Regards

[Qutecsound-users] CsoundQT and system_i

k_o_m_p
Is there any known incompatibility between
CsoundQt and the opcode system?
It looks like CsoundQt crashes everytime I use
system_i
Thanks,
Luis
--
  http://luisantunespena.eu

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQT and system_i

joachim-3
i am using system_i frequently in csounqt (for instance in the
useful>sf_splitter example) and it's working fine.
        joachim

Am 17.02.2012 18:35, schrieb Andres Cabrera:

> Hi,
>
> Not that I know of... Can you try running in the terminal to find out if
> it is Csound crashing or CsoundQt?
>
> Cheers,
> Andrés
>
> On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 5:31 PM, k_o_m_p <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Is there any known incompatibility between
>     CsoundQt and the opcode system?
>     It looks like CsoundQt crashes everytime I use
>     system_i
>     Thanks,
>     Luis
>     --
>      http://luisantunespena.eu

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQT and system_i

joachim-3
hi luis -
if this means you are using the 0.7.0 alpha version, i suspect this
could be the reason. did you try with 0.6.1 or 0.6.0? in particular the
latter has been very stable, as far as i know.
ciao -
        joachim

Am 17.02.2012 21:24, schrieb k_o_m_p:

> It's strange. Sometimes it crashes sometimes it works. Everytime it
> crashes when I restart it opens the documents that where there long time
> before. Not the ones that I had opened before the crash. Maybe something
> with the prefernces? In the terminal works fine and stable. I'm using
> the last CsoundQt-d-py
> Thanks,
> Luis
>
> Am 17.02.12 18:35, schrieb Andres Cabrera:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Not that I know of... Can you try running in the terminal to find out
>> if it is Csound crashing or CsoundQt?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Andrés
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 5:31 PM, k_o_m_p <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>     Is there any known incompatibility between
>>     CsoundQt and the opcode system?
>>     It looks like CsoundQt crashes everytime I use
>>     system_i
>>     Thanks,
>>     Luis
>>     --
>>      http://luisantunespena.eu

> http://luisantunespena.eu

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQT and system_i

k_o_m_p
Thanks Joachim,
It's working now, but I stil don't understand why
it crashed before. But it doesn't has to do with
the system opcode. Anyway, I'll download the older
version.
Best,
Luis

http://luisantunespena.eu