Probem with QuteCsound and MAC OSX 10.8.5 file system

Probem with QuteCsound and MAC OSX 10.8.5 file system

MopeyComposer
Hi,

I downloaded csoundQT last week (0.9.0), and it was working more or less fine for a while.

Today, I moved my csound .csd files over to another folder.

Then, when I opened CSQT it complained about not being able to find them.  No problem, I thought, I will just open them again from the correct spot.

However, when I tried to do File...Open...   I got the spinning wheel of death, immediately, before even being given the chance to look for the files.

Tried going into Prefs/Configure to change the default folders, and even trying to set a folder path anywhere in there gives me the spinning wheel of death.

Then I re-downloaded and re-installed CSQT, and the same thing was happening.

Next I tried going the "Reset Prefs" under the Help menu.  Re-started CSQT, same issue.

CSQT starts up fine . . .but any interaction with the file system, and spinning wheel..

So . . . anybody know

1)  what the issue is.
2)  and/or how I can really, really, reset things so this goes away.

Thanks,
Chris Bailey

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Probem with QuteCsound and MAC OSX 10.8.5 file system

MopeyComposer
No other software is behaving like this.

Oddly enough, I cannot find a preferences file.  I look in Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/ and see no Csound folder.

I know sometimes there is a local /Library (for individual users) but I cannot find that.

Chris

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Probem with QuteCsound and MAC OSX 10.8.5 file system

MopeyComposer
Yep, that's where I looked.  Nothing to be found.  No idea where the Preferences might be stored . . . .

However, I did solve the issue:  I just double-clicked on a csd file, CsoundQT opened it and now it seems to "understand" the file system.

Chris