[Qutecsound-users] 0.9.2 almost ready

I think the soucr of CsoundQt is almost ready to what could be called version 0.9.2. If you can pull from git https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt

please try to build and report if there are any problems!

https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/issues

Two bigger changes I added recently:

1) added install target for linux builds. Now you can run `$ make install` after building and

- CsounQt binary gets installed to you home folder bin directory (now I think for testking home folder is better, it can be cahnged to /usr/local/bin if it seems better) and a link csoundqt cerated

- a desktop file CsoundQt.desktop and CsQt icon get copied to your .local/share folder

- I created mime-types for csound csd, orc and sco files and an icon for the mime-type. The mimetype description and icon get copied to according .local/share folders, see new directory mime-typs in the CsoundQt root dir.

What does it give? Now you can open any csound file from your file file manager or see and start CsoundQt as any other application. (See attached image for illusration). Also other frontends like Cabbage or others can be associtated witht the mime type.

2) Before opening a new file opened a new window. I added mechanism that CsoundQt controls if another instance is already running, sends message to it to open in new tab and quits. This should work in all platforms.

Please build, try out and tell, if it works!

CsoundQt-filemanager.png (144K) Download Attachment

Re: [Qutecsound-users] 0.9.2 almost ready

Dominik TM

> I think the soucr of CsoundQt is almost ready to what could be called
> version 0.9.2. If you can pull from git
> https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt
> please try to build and report if there are any problems!
I hope html5 support will make it into this release.

> 2) Before opening a new file opened a new window. I added mechanism
> that CsoundQt controls if another instance is already running, sends
> message to it to open in new tab and quits. This should work in all
> platforms.
small issue: when I launch CsoundQt (Debian 8, kde4, qt4) I get the
application-launch feedback (bouncing cursor and taskbar notification)
until it times out. Maybe it need to report somewhere it finished
file in filebrowser with an already open instance.

Re: [Qutecsound-users] 0.9.2 almost ready

hi tarmo -

i could build on debian 8.3 without problems.  currently the version
number is still 0.9.1 — but you probably did not change this yet.

best -
        joachim

On 15/02/16 13:03, Tarmo Johannes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think the soucr of CsoundQt is almost ready to what could be called
> version 0.9.2. If you can pull from git https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt
>
> please try to build and report if there are any problems!
>
> https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/issues
>
> Two bigger changes I added recently:
>
> 1) added install target for linux builds. Now you can run `$ make
> install` after building and
>
> - CsounQt binary gets installed to you home folder bin directory (now I
> think for testking home folder is better, it can be cahnged to
> /usr/local/bin if it seems better) and a link csoundqt cerated
>
> - a desktop file CsoundQt.desktop and CsQt icon get copied to your
> .local/share folder
>
> - I created mime-types for csound csd, orc and sco files and an icon for
> the mime-type. The mimetype description and icon get copied to according
> .local/share folders, see new directory mime-typs in the CsoundQt root dir.
>
> What does it give? Now you can open any csound file from your file file
> manager or see and start CsoundQt as any other application. (See
> attached image for illusration). Also other frontends like Cabbage or
> others can be associtated witht the mime type.
>
> 2) Before opening a new file opened a new window. I added mechanism that
> CsoundQt controls if another instance is already running, sends message
> to it to open in new tab and quits. This should work in all platforms.
>
> Please build, try out and tell, if it works!
>
> Thanks,
>
> tarmo

Re: [Qutecsound-users] 0.9.2 almost ready

Excellent Tarmo. Thanks for all this work.

Perhaps there is a way to bring the existing CsoundQt window to the front?

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 8:20 AM, Dominik TM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think the soucr of CsoundQt is almost ready to what could be called
> version 0.9.2. If you can pull from git
> https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt
> please try to build and report if there are any problems!
I hope html5 support will make it into this release.

> 2) Before opening a new file opened a new window. I added mechanism
> that CsoundQt controls if another instance is already running, sends
> message to it to open in new tab and quits. This should work in all
> platforms.
small issue: when I launch CsoundQt (Debian 8, kde4, qt4) I get the
application-launch feedback (bouncing cursor and taskbar notification)
until it times out. Maybe it need to report somewhere it finished
file in filebrowser with an already open instance.

Re: [Qutecsound-users] 0.9.2 almost ready

Tarmo Johannes

Good idea!

I think I found out, how to do it. Works fine on Linux but it can be different on different platforms. Can you try out?

tarmo