[Qutecsound-users] Autocomplete

I finally got myself down to extend a bit the autocompletion and uploaded the
commit to git. Now it checks for all words in the main editor and suggest for
completion.

I enjoy it myself very much - it is so convenient now to use long and
understandable variables as $MAX_EVENT_DISTANCE or gkVolumeOfStringSounds

Andrés, please have a look, I hope I did not mess up the parameter mode
autocomplete.

Please try it out, to see if there is any problems!

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Autocomplete

Hi Tarmo,

I like your idea of having all words be auto completed, but I would prefer to do it in a different way. I already have a mechanism in the function updateOrcContext() that updates the local variables list (because I think only global variables and variables local to the instrument make sense in autocompletion, otherwise you can get huge lists). I think what you could do is expand this to make sure macro names and global variables are picked up, maybe adding a new member called m_otherWords, in addition to the m_localVariables member.

Also, please remember to use tabs instead of spaces for indentation.

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 4:42 AM, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I finally got myself down to extend a bit the autocompletion and uploaded the
commit to git. Now it checks for all words in the main editor and suggest for
completion.

I enjoy it myself very much - it is so convenient now to use long and
understandable variables as $MAX_EVENT_DISTANCE or gkVolumeOfStringSounds

Andrés, please have a look, I hope I did not mess up the parameter mode
autocomplete.

Please try it out, to see if there is any problems!

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Autocomplete

Tarmo Johannes

Sure,

I will have a look!. Sorry for the spaces - somehow the settings in the QtCreator have changed or I have done somewhere something.

If you prefer, you can remove this commit.

(But so far I will keep enjoying the my private autocompletion :)

tarmo