[Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt 0.9.2.1 released

[Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt 0.9.2.1 released

Glad to announce that before the release of long-waited Csound 6.07 there was
time to fix some bugs and add new features to CsoundQt,  version number
0.9.2.1

The source and OSX installer can be downloaded from:
https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/releases/tag/0.9.2.1
probably there will be soon also a debian/ubuntu package.

This version will be included in the Csound 6.07 installer, too.

A short demo: https://youtu.be/xmUiAxs1EwI

Release notes: https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/blob/master/release_notes/Release%20Notes%200.9.2.1.md

NEW

- Run as temporary file dialog: when user creates a new file (displayed as default.csd) and runs it first time, it is possible now to run the file immediately as a temporary file (without going through the Save as dialog). Of course one can choose also to save the file with given name. It is useful when trying out snippets, checking code from mailing list posts etc.

- Create a shareable OSX bundle with make install. An install target is added to qcs.pro that deploys all necessary libraries and other components to the CsoundQt app bundle in bin folder of the build directory so it is possible to share the built application to other OSX computers.

- Johannes Schütt has prepared also a script that will make a nice installation bundle on OSX ( bin/build-deploy-csoundqt-osx.sh )

- Scanned Synthesis Sandbox - a demo and tool to learn and try out scanned synthesis using scanu opcode. Placed in menu Examples -> Synths.

FIXES

Better install target and script for Linux install (by Felipe Sateler)

Fix for OSX architecture detecting problem in qcs-macx.pro. Now x86_64 is default, i386 or universal can be set with CONFIG+=<architecture\>

Scripts ad Examples are added automatically to OSX app.

Added install target for extended examples (Floss Manual, McCurdy Collection, Stria Synth). Now installed to /usr/share/qutecsound/Examples with make install (Linux)

Csound Manual is found automatically (if installed with "official" installer), even if the path is not set in configuration (Linux, OSX, Windows).

Improved highlighting rules (instrument names and macro names are not highlighted any more as k- i- S- etc variables) - thanks to Joachim Heintz

Fixes in configuration files for Windows build

Fix for clean shut-down, if built with html5 support

Fixes for building with rtmidi in Windows 64-bit build

Added missing toolbutton for OPCODE6DIR64 in Configuration -> Environment.

Miscellaneous

Better documentation on CsoundQt web-page http://csoundqt.github.io/pages/documentation.html (thanks to Joachim Heintz)

Wiki page for building CsoundQt on Windows (currently 32-bit build): https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/wiki/Building-on-Windows-with-QtCreator

Bundleing script (OSX) and necessary files in source tree bin folder (by Johannes Schütt) - it will be used also for nightly builds and OSX installers in future.

Improvements in BUILDING.md

Happy using!

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt 0.9.2.1 released

joachim-3
great work, tarmo — thanks so much!!!

        joachim

On 12/04/16 11:14, Tarmo Johannes wrote:

> [...]
>
> Fix for clean shut-down, if built with html5 support
>
> Fixes for building with rtmidi in Windows 64-bit build
>
> Added missing toolbutton for OPCODE6DIR64 in Configuration -> Environment.
>
> Miscellaneous
>
> Better documentation on CsoundQt web-page
> http://csoundqt.github.io/pages/documentation.html (thanks to Joachim
> Heintz)
>
> Wiki page for building CsoundQt on Windows (currently 32-bit build):
> https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/wiki/Building-on-Windows-with-QtCreator
>
> Bundleing script (OSX) and necessary files in source tree bin folder (by
> Johannes Schütt) - it will be used also for nightly builds and OSX
> installers in future.
>
> Improvements in BUILDING.md
>
> Happy using!
>
> tarmo

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt 0.9.2.1 released

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Wonderful.

Thanks to you and your team for all this great work.

I appreciate the video too!

Please consider linking to the wonderful Live Events tutorial videos by Andres (somewhere on the site)

Please keep us posted on when the manual will appear on the site.

I did notice that the StriaSynth was not working with your new virtual MIDI controller (OSX 10.11.4) or at all
- and that many of the fonts in the Widget Interface were cut off.

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 5:14 AM, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

[...]

Professor of Electronic Production and Design
Professional Writing and Music Technology Division
Berklee College of Music
President of Boulanger Labs - http://boulangerlabs.com
Author & Editor of The Csound Book - http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/csound-book
Author & Editor of The Audio Programming Book - http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/audio-programming-book
about: http://www.boulangerlabs.com/about/richardboulanger/
about: http://www.csounds.com/community/developers/dr-richard-boulanger/
music: http://www.csounds.com/community/developers/dr-richard-boulanger/dr-richard-boulanger-music/

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt 0.9.2.1 released

Felipe Sateler
On 12 April 2016 at 06:14, Tarmo Johannes
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> probably there will be soon also a debian/ubuntu package.

I'm getting a build failure:

Project MESSAGE: PythonQt source directory not specified.
Project MESSAGE: ... searching in ../../../PythonQt3.0
Project MESSAGE: ... searching in ../PythonQt3.0
Project MESSAGE: ... searching in PythonQt3.0
Project MESSAGE: ... searching in ../../../PythonQt
Project MESSAGE: ... searching in ../PythonQt
Project MESSAGE: ... searching in PythonQt
Project MESSAGE: ... searching in ../../../PythonQt2.0.1
Project MESSAGE: ... searching in ../PythonQt2.0.1
Project MESSAGE: ... searching in PythonQt2.0.1
Project ERROR: A valid PythonQt source directory was not found.

Is pythonqt required now?
--

Saludos,
Felipe Sateler

On 12 April 2016 at 23:13, Felipe Sateler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 12 April 2016 at 06:14, Tarmo Johannes
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> probably there will be soon also a debian/ubuntu package.
>

> I'm getting a build failure:
>
> Project MESSAGE: PythonQt source directory not specified.
> Project MESSAGE: ... searching in ../../../PythonQt3.0
> Project MESSAGE: ... searching in ../PythonQt3.0
> Project MESSAGE: ... searching in PythonQt3.0
> Project MESSAGE: ... searching in ../../../PythonQt
> Project MESSAGE: ... searching in ../PythonQt
> Project MESSAGE: ... searching in PythonQt
> Project MESSAGE: ... searching in ../../../PythonQt2.0.1
> Project MESSAGE: ... searching in ../PythonQt2.0.1
> Project MESSAGE: ... searching in PythonQt2.0.1
> Project ERROR: A valid PythonQt source directory was not found.
>

> Is pythonqt required now?

Hmm, the downloaded tarball had a few uncommented lines in the qcs.pro
header. Maybe it is better to let github generate the tarball
automatically from the tag?

Now I'm not sure what other modifications it might have....

--

Saludos,
Felipe Sateler

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt 0.9.2.1 released

Tarmo Johannes
Oops, my mistake. I had pushed qcs.pro with some options uncommented.

A lesson for myself - it is comfortable but bad practice to uncomment configuration lines in qcs.pro like CONFIG+=pythonqt
The right way would be to create file config.user.pri in the the root directory of the sources and add there

CONFIG+=rtmidi
CONFIG+=pythonqt
CONFIG+=record_support

or what you need (and any path to directiries if they are not found automiatically).

I will fix that. Probably I need to delete the tag in github and remake the release - another bad practice but I hope not too many people have pulled from master branch so it will not create big confusion.

Sorry and thanks for the report!

On 12 April 2016 at 23:13, Felipe Sateler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 12 April 2016 at 06:14, Tarmo Johannes
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> probably there will be soon also a debian/ubuntu package.
>

> I'm getting a build failure:
>
> Project MESSAGE: PythonQt source directory not specified.
> Project MESSAGE: ... searching in ../../../PythonQt3.0
> Project MESSAGE: ... searching in ../PythonQt3.0
> Project MESSAGE: ... searching in PythonQt3.0
> Project MESSAGE: ... searching in ../../../PythonQt
> Project MESSAGE: ... searching in ../PythonQt
> Project MESSAGE: ... searching in PythonQt
> Project MESSAGE: ... searching in ../../../PythonQt2.0.1
> Project MESSAGE: ... searching in ../PythonQt2.0.1
> Project MESSAGE: ... searching in PythonQt2.0.1
> Project ERROR: A valid PythonQt source directory was not found.
>

> Is pythonqt required now?

Hmm, the downloaded tarball had a few uncommented lines in the qcs.pro
header. Maybe it is better to let github generate the tarball
automatically from the tag?

Now I'm not sure what other modifications it might have....

--

Saludos,
Felipe Sateler

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt 0.9.2.1 released

Tarmo Johannes
Now should be fixed.

Oops, my mistake. I had pushed qcs.pro with some options uncommented.

A lesson for myself - it is comfortable but bad practice to uncomment configuration lines in qcs.pro like CONFIG+=pythonqt
The right way would be to create file config.user.pri in the the root directory of the sources and add there

CONFIG+=rtmidi
CONFIG+=pythonqt
CONFIG+=record_support

or what you need (and any path to directiries if they are not found automiatically).

I will fix that. Probably I need to delete the tag in github and remake the release - another bad practice but I hope not too many people have pulled from master branch so it will not create big confusion.

Sorry and thanks for the report!

On 12 April 2016 at 23:13, Felipe Sateler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 12 April 2016 at 06:14, Tarmo Johannes
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> probably there will be soon also a debian/ubuntu package.
>

> I'm getting a build failure:
>
> Project MESSAGE: PythonQt source directory not specified.
> Project MESSAGE: ... searching in ../../../PythonQt3.0
> Project MESSAGE: ... searching in ../PythonQt3.0
> Project MESSAGE: ... searching in PythonQt3.0
> Project MESSAGE: ... searching in ../../../PythonQt
> Project MESSAGE: ... searching in ../PythonQt
> Project MESSAGE: ... searching in PythonQt
> Project MESSAGE: ... searching in ../../../PythonQt2.0.1
> Project MESSAGE: ... searching in ../PythonQt2.0.1
> Project MESSAGE: ... searching in PythonQt2.0.1
> Project ERROR: A valid PythonQt source directory was not found.
>

> Is pythonqt required now?

Hmm, the downloaded tarball had a few uncommented lines in the qcs.pro
header. Maybe it is better to let github generate the tarball
automatically from the tag?

Now I'm not sure what other modifications it might have....

--

Saludos,
Felipe Sateler

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt 0.9.2.1 released

Felipe Sateler
Uploaded to debian unstable

https://packages.debian.org/unstable/csoundqt

On 13 April 2016 at 05:09, Tarmo Johannes
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Now should be fixed.

>> Oops, my mistake. I had pushed qcs.pro with some options uncommented.
>>
>> A lesson for myself - it is comfortable but bad practice to uncomment
>> configuration lines in qcs.pro like CONFIG+=pythonqt
>> The right way would be to create file config.user.pri in the the root
>> directory of the sources and add there
>>
>> CONFIG+=rtmidi
>> CONFIG+=pythonqt
>> CONFIG+=record_support
>>
>> or what you need (and any path to directiries if they are not found
>> automiatically).
>>
>> I will fix that. Probably I need to delete the tag in github and remake
>> the release - another bad practice but I hope not too many people have
>> pulled from master branch so it will not create big confusion.
>>
>> Sorry and thanks for the report!
>>
>> tarmo

>>> Hmm, the downloaded tarball had a few uncommented lines in the qcs.pro
>>> header. Maybe it is better to let github generate the tarball
>>> automatically from the tag?
>>>
>>> Now I'm not sure what other modifications it might have....
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Saludos,
>>> Felipe Sateler

Saludos,