Quantcast

[Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt 0.9.4-beta available

[Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt 0.9.4-beta available

Tarmo Johannes-2

Hi,

I am working on new release of CsoundQt 0.9.4, to be bundled into Csound 6.09 installer. There is still work to be done, but a beta release is up on:

https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/releases/tag/0.9.4-beta

There is also a OSX package and Windows zip file. The latter is built with msys2/mingw system just to try out, actually I have not tried on other computers, if it works... Unzip it to some directory, don't overwrite your exisisting Csound isntallation!!!!

There is not so many new things, but hopefully can make your work more comfortable. See relase notes on:

https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/blob/develop/release_notes/Release%20notes%200.9.4.md

Please build or download, test and send feedback!

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt 0.9.4-beta available

Tarmo Johannes-2

Hi,

has anyone had chance to build or download and test this beta? It is not enough to know that it works for me.

Thanks!

tarmo

On Thursday, April 13, 2017 07:38:24 PM Tarmo Johannes wrote:

> Hi,

> I am working on new release of CsoundQt 0.9.4, to be bundled into Csound

> 6.09 installer. There is still work to be done, but a beta release is up

> on:

> https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/releases/tag/0.9.4-beta[1]

> There is also a OSX package and Windows zip file. The latter is built with

> msys2/mingw system just to try out, actually I have not tried on other

> computers, if it works... Unzip it to some directory, don't overwrite your

> exisisting Csound isntallation!!!!

> There is not so many new things, but hopefully can make your work more

> comfortable. See relase notes on:

> https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/blob/develop/release_notes/Release%20n

> otes%200.9.4.md[2]

> Please build or download, test and send feedback!

> tarmo

> --------

> [1] https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/releases/tag/0.9.4-beta

> [2]

> https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/blob/develop/release_notes/Release%20n

> otes%200.9.4.md

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt 0.9.4-beta available

Eduardo Moguillansky
Dear Tarmo,

I built it here (ubuntu 17.04) and works ok, thanks for implementing the
ability to change the background color. I didn't have the chance to test
throughly though.

Would it be very difficult to make the toolbar remember its position when
changed? I would like to put it on the side to maximize vertical space, but
each time I restart CsoundQt, it goes back to its default position.

Thanks!
Eduardo

On Dienstag, 18. April 2017 10:58:36 CEST, Tarmo Johannes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> has anyone had chance to build or download and test this beta?
> It is not enough to know that it works for me.
>
> Thanks!
> tarmo
>

> On Thursday, April 13, 2017 07:38:24 PM Tarmo Johannes wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am working on new release of CsoundQt 0.9.4, to be bundled into Csound
>> 6.09 installer. There is still work to be done, but a beta release is up
>> on:
>>
>> https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/releases/tag/0.9.4-beta[1]
>>
>> There is also a OSX package and Windows zip file. The latter is built with
>> msys2/mingw system just to try out, actually I have not tried on other
>> computers, if it works... Unzip it to some directory, don't overwrite your
>> exisisting Csound isntallation!!!!
>>
>> There is not so many new things, but hopefully can make your work more
>> comfortable. See relase notes on:
>>
>> https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/blob/develop/release_notes/Release%20n
>> otes%200.9.4.md[2]
>>

>> Please build or download, test and send feedback!
>>
>> tarmo
>>
>> --------
>> [1] https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/releases/tag/0.9.4-beta
>> [2]
>> https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/blob/develop/release_notes/Release%20n
>> otes%200.9.4.md

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt 0.9.4-beta available

Tarmo Johannes-2
Hi,

Thanks!

I never realized the toolbar can be dragged elsewhere but indeed.
Having a look at the code at first glance the positions of the toolbars SHOULD
be saved and restored but I will investigate later why id does not work.

In a next version I plan also to make the toolbars configurable so users can
choose, which buttons they have visible.

Best!
tarmo

On teisipäev, 18. aprill 2017 11:18.04 EEST Eduardo Moguillansky wrote:

> Dear Tarmo,
>
> I built it here (ubuntu 17.04) and works ok, thanks for implementing the
> ability to change the background color. I didn't have the chance to test
> throughly though.
>
> Would it be very difficult to make the toolbar remember its position when
> changed? I would like to put it on the side to maximize vertical space, but
> each time I restart CsoundQt, it goes back to its default position.
>
> Thanks!
> Eduardo
>
> On Dienstag, 18. April 2017 10:58:36 CEST, Tarmo Johannes wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > has anyone had chance to build or download and test this beta?
> > It is not enough to know that it works for me.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > tarmo
> >
> > On Thursday, April 13, 2017 07:38:24 PM Tarmo Johannes wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am working on new release of CsoundQt 0.9.4, to be bundled into Csound
> >> 6.09 installer. There is still work to be done, but a beta release is up
> >> on:
> >>
> >> https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/releases/tag/0.9.4-beta[1]
> >>
> >> There is also a OSX package and Windows zip file. The latter is built
> >> with
> >> msys2/mingw system just to try out, actually I have not tried on other
> >> computers, if it works... Unzip it to some directory, don't overwrite
> >> your
> >> exisisting Csound isntallation!!!!
> >>
> >> There is not so many new things, but hopefully can make your work more
> >> comfortable. See relase notes on:

> >> 0n
> >> otes%200.9.4.md[2]
> >>

> >> Please build or download, test and send feedback!
> >>
> >> tarmo
> >>
> >> --------
> >> [1] https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/releases/tag/0.9.4-beta
> >> [2]
> >> 0n
> >> otes%200.9.4.md

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt 0.9.4-beta available

Tarmo Johannes-2

Ok,

found the reason, now fixed in git and the toolbar positions are stored.

tarmo