Quantcast

[Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt development

I am back to contribute again to development of CsounQt, recently I fixed a number of convenience problems:

- MIDI controllers can now start/stop events via Button Widget

- indenting works now (before you could not go to deeper indents with pressing <TAB> many times)

- Fixed Midi Learn controller number detection above 15

- Added "Midi learn" to the properties dialog of a widget (that accepts midi)

- widgetPanel sate (visible/hidden) gets restored correctly

- Parethesis matching does not block undo chain any more.

It is now in source on https://github.com/mantaraya36/CsoundQt

If you are can pull it from there and build CsoundQt and test, it is very welcome!

See building instructions:

https://github.com/csound/csound/wiki/CsoundQt-with-Csound6-on-Debian-Ubuntu:-a-build-guide

https://github.com/csound/csound/wiki/Compiling-CsoundQT-for-Fedora-22-w-Python-and-RTmidi-support

Next I plan to go slowly to the bug repports on

https://github.com/mantaraya36/CsoundQt/issues

and have some more ideas what to implement.

And of course if you have wishes or complaints, please let me know! (or file a ticket https://github.com/mantaraya36/CsoundQt/issues )

What I don't know and cannot help are the packaging issues - I work on Linux and I really have no idea why some library in some Windows or OSX version is missing or there are other similar problems. Sorry!

Best!

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt development

Anders Genell
Hi Tarmo et. al.
Maybe the information about where to find sources as well as the build instructions should be posted on the csound.github.io page? This link on that page still points to http://qutecsound.sourceforge.net/ which seems rather deprecated...

Regards,
Anders

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 8:11 AM, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

[...]

Tarmo Johannes

Yes, you are right, thanks!

you probably meant the instructions on

http://qutecsound.sourceforge.net/pages/develop.html ?

in fact I asked Andrés to fix the sources address to https://github.com/mantaraya36/CsoundQt

and I hope he will do it sooner or later.

So far the wiki pages that do exist on the main csound site

https://github.com/csound/csound/wiki/CsoundQt-with-Csound6-on-Debian-Ubuntu:-a-build-guide

and

https://github.com/csound/csound/wiki/Compiling-CsoundQT-for-Fedora-22-w-Python-and-RTmidi-support

is most adequate place to lean on.

greetings,

tarmo

On Wednesday 20 January 2016 14:22:23 Anders Genell wrote:

> Hi Tarmo et. al.

> Maybe the information about where to find sources as well as the build

> instructions should be posted on the csound.github.io page? This link on

> that page still points to http://qutecsound.sourceforge.net/ which seems

> rather deprecated...

> Regards,

> Anders

> On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 8:11 AM, Tarmo Johannes <

> [hidden email]> wrote:

> > Hi,

> > I am back to contribute again to development of CsounQt, recently I fixed

> > a number of convenience problems:

> > - MIDI controllers can now start/stop events via Button Widget

> > - indenting works now (before you could not go to deeper indents with

> > pressing <TAB> many times)

> > - Fixed Midi Learn controller number detection above 15

> > - Added "Midi learn" to the properties dialog of a widget (that accepts

> > midi)

> > - widgetPanel sate (visible/hidden) gets restored correctly

> > - Parethesis matching does not block undo chain any more.

> > It is now in source on https://github.com/mantaraya36/CsoundQt

> > If you are can pull it from there and build CsoundQt and test, it is very

> > welcome!

> > See building instructions:

> > https://github.com/csound/csound/wiki/CsoundQt-with-Csound6-on-Debian-Ubun

> > tu:-a-build-guide

> > https://github.com/csound/csound/wiki/Compiling-CsoundQT-for-Fedora-22-w-P

> > ython-and-RTmidi-support

> > Next I plan to go slowly to the bug repports on

> > https://github.com/mantaraya36/CsoundQt/issues

> > and have some more ideas what to implement.

> > And of course if you have wishes or complaints, please let me know! (or

> > file a ticket https://github.com/mantaraya36/CsoundQt/issues )

> > What I don't know and cannot help are the packaging issues - I work on

> > Linux and I really have no idea why some library in some Windows or OSX

> > version is missing or there are other similar problems. Sorry!

> > Best!

> > tarmo

> > ---- Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application

> > Performance APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just

> > $35/Month

> > Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now

> > Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!

> > http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=267308311&iu=/4140

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt development

Thanks for the reminder. I've now updated the web page to reflect this.

If anyone wants to add things to the website, you can do it by submitting pull requests to:
https://bitbucket.org/mantaraya36/csoundqt-webpage

(it uses pelican so it's easy to modify and add content.)

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 7:31 AM, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

> > and have some more ideas what to implement.

> > And of course if you have wishes or complaints, please let me know! (or

> > file a ticket https://github.com/mantaraya36/CsoundQt/issues )

> > What I don't know and cannot help are the packaging issues - I work on

> > Linux and I really have no idea why some library in some Windows or OSX

> > version is missing or there are other similar problems. Sorry!

> > Best!

> > tarmo

> > ---- Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application

> > Performance APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just

> > $35/Month

> > Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now

> > Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!

> > http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=267308311&iu=/4140

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt development

joachim-3
hi andrés -

wouldn't it be better that we move the website to github?

best -
        joachim

On 21/01/16 04:29, Andres Cabrera wrote:

> [...]
>
>      > >
>
>      > >
>
>      > >
>
>      > >
>
>      > >
>     --------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>      > > ---- Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application
>
>     > > Performance APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just
>
>     > > $35/Month
>
>     > > Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now
>
>     > > Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!
>
>     > >http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=267308311&iu=/4140
>
>     > > _______________________________________________
>
>     > > Qutecsound-users mailing list
>
>     > >[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt development

I have moved the website to github:

https://github.com/mantaraya36/CsoundQt-Web

Tarmo and Joachim have push permissions.

I see Tarmo has forked on bitbucket. I'll wait for his OK to delete the fork on bitbucket.

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 11:59 PM, joachim heintz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>      > >
>
>      > >
>
>      > >
>
>      > >
>
>      > >
>     --------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>      > > ---- Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application
>
>     > > Performance APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just
>
>     > > $35/Month
>
>     > > Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now
>
>     > > Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!
>
>     > >http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=267308311&iu=/4140
>
>     > > _______________________________________________
>
>     > > Qutecsound-users mailing list
>
>     > >[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt development

Yes, please delete the fork from bitbucket.
Great!
Tarmo

22.01.2016 17:23 kirjutas kuupäeval "Andres Cabrera" <[hidden email]>:
> [...]

>      > >
>
>      > >
>
>      > >
>
>      > >
>
>      > >
>     --------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>      > > ---- Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application
>
>     > > Performance APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just
>
>     > > $35/Month
>
>     > > Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now
>
>     > > Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!
>
>     > >http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=267308311&iu=/4140
>
>     > > _______________________________________________
>
>     > > Qutecsound-users mailing list
>
>     > >[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt development

thanks, andrés!

do you know how we can "activate" these files, so that the website can
be seen?

cheers -
        joachim

On 22/01/16 16:23, Andres Cabrera wrote:

> [...]
>      >
>      >
>      >
>      > Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application
>     Performance
>      > APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month
>      > Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now
>      > Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!
>      > http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=267308311&iu=/4140
>      >
>      >
>      >
>      > Qutecsound-users mailing list
>      > [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>      > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qutecsound-users
>      >

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt development

The website is currently hosted on sourceforge. What needs to be done to publish it is call

make ftp_upload

Although I had to modify the script a bit to handle sftp. I think for now what we can do is I do this manually when needed. If I'm taking to long, just remind me...

Other ideas welcome :)

On Jan 22, 2016 10:52 AM, "joachim heintz" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>     ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>      > Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application
>     Performance
>      > APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month
>      > Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now
>      > Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!
>      > http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=267308311&iu=/4140
>      >
>      >
>      >
>      > _______________________________________________
>      > Qutecsound-users mailing list
>      > [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>      > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qutecsound-users
>      >

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt development

sorry, i wasn't clear enough.  i meant: what do we have to do to get the
csoundqt website to github as csoundqt.githubt.io (as it is for csound
at http://csound.github.io/)?  i think this would be much better than
keeping the website on sourceforge, or don't you agree?

ciao -
        joachim

On 22/01/16 19:58, Andres Cabrera wrote:

> [...]
>      >
>      >
>      >
>      > Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application
>     Performance
>      > APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month
>      > Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now
>      > Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!
>      > http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=267308311&iu=/4140
>      >
>      >
>      >
>      > Qutecsound-users mailing list
>      > [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>      > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qutecsound-users
>      >

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt development

I am almost there!

To try out I made a change (corrected  Bug trackers address to the github one in Help page) -  first in the github web interface and hoped that it will appear automatically to the qutecsound.sourforge web page. No of course.

What I did then was

cloned the repo:
$ git clone https://github.com/mantaraya36/CsoundQt-Web.git

installed pelican (that is a python application)
$ sudo pip install pelican
or see http://docs.getpelican.com/en/3.6.3/install.html

in the CsoundQt-Web folder did
$ make ftp_upload

got error: "ERROR: Cannot load plugin `pelican_youtube`"
installed it:
$ sudo pip install pelican-youtube
then everything seemed to be OK but I got asked a password and this is where I got stuck...

the generated file help.html file in my local output/pages directory was rendered correctly, so the change was ready to go, though! So  I missing just one secret to be able to manage the web site!

It takes also probably some time to get used to the process: edit - commit -  push to git - upload. But otherwise pelican seems interesting to learn about!

I guess to have a github.io page makes completely sense -  them we just need to commit and push the html-s to the repo (I guess) and no special upload is no more necessary. I will try it out and report how it goes.

Greetings,