[Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt not loading

Wally
Hi Members,

Joined the CsoundQt users group today. Thank you. I've been a computer enthusiast for years. Have built my own web pages, constructed a dual pentium computer, work with electronics, and also a long time musician/guitarist. My interests are music composition, music theory, musicology, microtonal tunings (just intonation as well) and learning to write programs. I have been a mild user of Csound many years ago and would kindly like to pursue this area once again with dedication.

Yesterday was a long day! Installed Python 2.7 and Csound6 (CsoundQt is bundled with the install). Upon launching CsoundQt the only result is an empty window that says, "untitled.csd - CsoundQt (Not Responding)". It seems that CsoundQt tries to load but never completes. Just hangs there sort of half-opened. I can see my desk top through the CsoundQt window. No other programs are opened at the time. I do have a desktop system but would prefer to install on this/my netbook which is a real workhorse. Never had any issues loading any software on my netbook.

Spent hours troubleshooting yesterday and could not discover the fix to getting CsoundQt to load. I am weak at understanding environment variables and understand how to access this area of my system and familiar with how delete, change and add new variables.

The current default "environment variables" that Csound6 installed (in the top section defined as "User variables") are:

OPCODE6DIR64  C:\Program Files\Csound6\plugins64\

PYTHONPATH  C:\Program Files\Csound6\bin\

RAWWAVE_PATH  C:\Program Files\Csound6\samples\

This is the default Python 2.7 "system" environment variable (bottom section of environment variable window labeled as "System variables") that was set-up by the Python installer.:

C:\Python27\;C:\Python27\Scripts;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\EgisTec MyWinLocker\x86;C:\Program Files\EgisTec MyWinLocker\x64;C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Program Files\GTK2-Runtime\bin;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\Csound6\bin

System specs:
Acer Aspire One (AOD-255) Net Book
CPU - Intel Atom
1 gig ram
160 GB hard drive
Windows 7 Starter

Would appreciate any potential solution to my CsoundQt loading issue. Thank you kindly

Wally Lepore