Quantcast

[Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt on Windows

Andy Fillebrown, who has maintained and built the Windows version of
CsoundQt for the last years and has done a great job, has sadly
stepped down from the job as he has moved away from Windows.

So I need YOU Windows users to step up and help CsoundQt run properly
on your platform.

Please report in this thread any issues you have had with the most
recent installer and the most recent version of Csound, and if you
have found a solution or workaround.

I also need testers to build from git to make sure the problems on
Windows are caught before the release, so if you want to volunteer for
this, let me know.

And finally, if I can't manage to get a Mingw system to build CsoundQt
for Windows on Linux, it would be great if someone can step up to help
build and test the Windows installers.

Thanks!

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt on Windows

Jim Aikin
On 12/6/2012 2:00 PM, Andres Cabrera wrote:

> Please report in this thread any issues you have had with the most
> recent installer and the most recent version of Csound, and if you
> have found a solution or workaround.

The last time I checked, I was still getting the consistent crash at the
end of .csd file playback. Has anything been discovered about that?
> I also need testers to build from git to make sure the problems on
> Windows are caught before the release, so if you want to volunteer for
> this, let me know.

Well, you very kindly helped me work through a bunch of build issues six
months ago, all of them owing to the fact that I'm not a real Qt
developer at all. If you want to help me again, I can try building it
again and see what happens. (This machine is Windows 7.)

I'd be no good at building an installer and no good at actually
diagnosing bugs, but I should be able to at least build the current
version and let you know what I encounter.

I currently have Qt Creator 2.2.1 installed, "based on Qt 4.7.4 (32
bit)" according to the About box. I can upgrade if necessary. I'll also
need instructions on how to get the source files, as I've entirely
forgotten how that works.

--Jim Aikin

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt on Windows

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the offer, I'd be happy to help you build on Windows so you
can test the latest sources.
Your setup although not current should still be able to build CsoundQt
without issues.

You will need to update from git:

git pull origin master

And then build and run using QtCreator.