[Qutecsound-users] CsounfQt crashes

Kurt Kuschinski
Second try (first one went wrong because of html-mail ... I hope
someone can delete it in the archive) with textmail, so again (sorry).
This is my first mailinglist attempt. (I hope it works this time).

Hello,

first: sorry for my poor english
I am very new to csound (and computer-music in general). I installed
csound 5.17 for windows today and wrote my first little script with
CsoundQt  following a simple beginner tutorial:

<CsoundSynthesizer>
<CsOptions>
</CsOptions>
<CsInstruments>
instr 1
aout oscil 10000, 440, 1
out aout
endin
</CsInstruments>
<CsScore>
f1 0 1024 10 1
i1 0 5
</CsScore>
</CsoundSynthesizer>

But when i hit the "run" button, CsoundQt crashes (it closes without
any error message etc.). The same with every other premade files that
are included. What could be the reason? I am sorry if this question is
stupid.

When I use "Run in Term" there is a error message in the cmd:
 *** PortAudio: error: -9993: Illegal combination of I/O devices
Failed to initialise real time audio output.

I cannot change  input device or output device in csoundQt
configuration because it crashes (closes without error messages) when
i hit the "..." buttons.

When i go to configuration and deselect "Use CsoundQt options" under
"Run/Realtime Play" it works in the cmd. If i do the same under
"Run/File(offline render)" even the Run button in CsoundQt does play
the 5 second 440Hz tone but then it crashes, this time with error
message:

AppName: csoundqt-d.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: vst4cs.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00002234

And a very long txt with informations (would it be helpful to send it?).

Greetings, Kurt

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsounfQt crashes

Tarmo Johannes
Hello,

I am not on Windoes and not sure if it helps (and probablt you have tried it
already many times),

can you try out different drivers in Configure->Run-> RT module (something
like asio instead of portaudioi or I am not sure what is it there).

Clean the box 'Input device' (or type 'none') and see the 'llegal combination
of I/O devices' goes away.

Hope you can solve it, Csond and CsounQt are great!

tarmo

On Wednesday 04 April 2012 21:34:19 Kurt Kuschinski wrote:
> When I use "Run in Term" there is a error message in the cmd:
>  *** PortAudio: error: -9993: Illegal combination of I/O devices
> Failed to initialise real time audio output.
>
> I cannot change  input device or output device in csoundQt
> configuration because it crashes (closes without error messages) when
> i hit the "..." buttons.

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsounfQt crashes

Kurt Kuschinski
Hello,

with "Run in Term" it works with "RT Audio Module" set to "none" (with
"Use CsoundQt options"), but when using "Run" CsoundQt crashes after
(correct) compiling (with correct playback of the sound)

Output Console:
B  0.000 ..  5.000 T  5.000 TT  5.000 M:  10000.0
Score finished in csoundPerformKsmps().
inactive allocs returned to freespace
end of score.   overall amps:  10000.0
           overall samples out of range:        0
0 errors in performance
Elapsed time at end of performance: real: 5.532s, CPU: 5.531s

but then it crashes immediately (CsoundQt-d.exe hat ein Problem
festgestellt und muss beendet werden*. AppName: csoundqt-d.exe
AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: vst4cs.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00002234).

*CsoundQt-d.exe has encountered a problem and has to close

Am 5. April 2012 10:24 schrieb Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]>:

> Hello,
>
> I am not on Windoes and not sure if it helps (and probablt you have tried it
> already many times),
>
> can you try out different drivers in Configure->Run-> RT module (something
> like asio instead of portaudioi or I am not sure what is it there).
>
> Clean the box 'Input device' (or type 'none') and see the 'llegal combination
> of I/O devices' goes away.
>
> Hope you can solve it, Csond and CsounQt are great!
>
> tarmo
>
> On Wednesday 04 April 2012 21:34:19 Kurt Kuschinski wrote:
>> When I use "Run in Term" there is a error message in the cmd:
>>  *** PortAudio: error: -9993: Illegal combination of I/O devices
>> Failed to initialise real time audio output.
>>
>> I cannot change  input device or output device in csoundQt
>> configuration because it crashes (closes without error messages) when
>> i hit the "..." buttons.

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsounfQt crashes

tarmoj

Hello,

do you see a choice in "RT Audio Module" could you experiment with diffrent audio drivers?

What happens if you uncheck "Use CsoundQt options"

and add

-odac -d

to the

<CsOptions>

</CsOptions>

block in you r csd?

tarmo

On Thursday 05 April 2012 12:15:07 Kurt Kuschinski wrote:

> Hello,

> with "Run in Term" it works with "RT Audio Module" set to "none" (with

> "Use CsoundQt options"), but when using "Run" CsoundQt crashes after

> (correct) compiling (with correct playback of the sound)

> Output Console:

> B 0.000 .. 5.000 T 5.000 TT 5.000 M: 10000.0

> Score finished in csoundPerformKsmps().

> inactive allocs returned to freespace

> end of score. overall amps: 10000.0

> overall samples out of range: 0

> 0 errors in performance

> Elapsed time at end of performance: real: 5.532s, CPU: 5.531s

> but then it crashes immediately (CsoundQt-d.exe hat ein Problem

> festgestellt und muss beendet werden*. AppName: csoundqt-d.exe

> AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: vst4cs.dll

> ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00002234).

> *CsoundQt-d.exe has encountered a problem and has to close

> Am 5. April 2012 10:24 schrieb Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]>:

> > Hello,

> > I am not on Windoes and not sure if it helps (and probablt you have tried

> > it already many times),

> > can you try out different drivers in Configure->Run-> RT module (something

> > like asio instead of portaudioi or I am not sure what is it there).

> > Clean the box 'Input device' (or type 'none') and see the 'llegal

> > combination of I/O devices' goes away.

> > Hope you can solve it, Csond and CsounQt are great!

> > tarmo

> > On Wednesday 04 April 2012 21:34:19 Kurt Kuschinski wrote:

> >> When I use "Run in Term" there is a error message in the cmd:

> >>  *** PortAudio: error: -9993: Illegal combination of I/O devices

> >> Failed to initialise real time audio output.

> >> I cannot change  input device or output device in csoundQt

> >> configuration because it crashes (closes without error messages) when

> >> i hit the "..." buttons.

> > ---- Better than sec? Nothing is better than sec when it comes to

> > monitoring Big Data applications. Try Boundary one-second

> > resolution app monitoring today. Free.

> > http://p.sf.net/sfu/Boundary-dev2dev

> -- Better than sec? Nothing is better than sec when it comes to

> monitoring Big Data applications. Try Boundary one-second

> resolution app monitoring today. Free.

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/Boundary-dev2dev

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsounfQt crashes

Kurt Kuschinski
Hello, thx for the help :)

i have 4 choices in "RT Audio Module"

When used with "Run in Term":

Portaudio: error: Illegal combination of I/O devices
winmm: error: device number is out of range
jack: error setting option 'jack_client' to '': invalid variable name
(logical^^)
none: works fine

When used with "Run"

Portaudio: CsoundQt closes without compiling and without error message
winmm: CsoundQt closes without compiling and without error message
jack: CsoundQt closes without compiling and without error message
none: CsoundQt compiles the file (i can hear the right sound) and then
crashes with error message:
CsoundQt-d.exe has encountered a problem and has to close
problem signature:
AppName: csoundqt-d.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: vst4cs.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00002234

with "Use CsoundQt options"unchecked and
<CsOptions>
-odac -d
</CsOptions>

"Run in Term"
works fine

"Run"

Am 5. April 2012 12:58 schrieb Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]>:

> Hello,
>

> do you see a choice in "RT Audio Module" could you experiment with diffrent
> audio drivers?
>

> What happens if you uncheck "Use CsoundQt options"
>

> and add
>

> -odac -d
>

> to the
>
> <CsOptions>
>
> </CsOptions>
>

> block in you r csd?
>

> tarmo

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsounfQt crashes

Kurt Kuschinski
Shame on me -.-
i reinstalled csound yesterday some times but without uninstall it
first. Now i uninstalled it,did a new install and  now it works
*blush*
thx for your effort :)

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsounfQt crashes

Good to hear it's not a problem on our side. It's good to know that
uninstall is required.