[Qutecsound-users] Error opening Settings

12

[Qutecsound-users] Error opening Settings

Eduardo Moguillansky
Hi. I don't know if this is a problem with CsoundQt or with my system, but when I try to open the settings on CsoundQt the program freezes and I need to kill it. CsoundQt versions tested: 0.9.1 and 0.9.2, both compiled from source. I am on Ubuntu 15.10

If I run CsoundQt from the terminal, when I try to open the settings (either through the menu or with the toolbar) I get this output:

virtual_keyboard real time MIDI plugin for Csound
WARNING: STK opcodes not available: define environment variable RAWWAVE_PATH
(points to rawwaves directory) to use STK opcodes.
0dBFS level = 32768,0
Csound version 6.07 (double samples) Apr 16 2016
libsndfile-1.0.25
end of score.   overall amps:      0,0
  overall samples out of range:        0
0 errors in performance
Elapsed time at end of performance: real: 0,000s, CPU: 0,000s
QObject::connect: No such slot WidgetPanel::dockStateChanged(bool)
QObject::connect: No such signal FileBEditor::textChanged()
QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'FileBEditor')
QObject::connect: No such signal FileBEditor::textChanged()
QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'FileBEditor')
QObject::connect: No such slot DocumentPage::evaluate(QString)
WidgetLayout::loadXmlWidgets Older Widget Format version
DocumentPage::getMacOptions() Option Options:  not found!
DocumentPage::applyMacOptions() no Geometry!
<MacOptions> loaded.
WidgetLayout::loadXmlWidgets Older Widget Format version
DocumentPage::getMacOptions() Option Options:  not found!
DocumentPage::applyMacOptions() no Geometry!
<MacOptions> loaded.
virtual_keyboard real time MIDI plugin for Csound
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error'
  what():  basic_string::_M_construct null not valid
Csound tidy up: Aborted

Any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks!
Eduardo

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Error opening Settings

Tarmo Johannes

Thanks for reporting!

Dave wrote about similar problem, we definitely need to track it down.

What is your Qt version? I guess Qt4? I have Qt 5.5.1 and it works here I will try to install qt4 libraries as well to debug, if this seems to be the reason.

In the same time - if similar crash happens with CsoundQt 0.9.1, it is not something recently canged in CsoundQt. Can you install or build Csound 6.06 (if you use git, just checkout branch master and rebuild) and see if it changes anything?

Thanks,
Tarmo

16.04.2016 11:09 kirjutas kuupäeval "Eduardo Moguillansky" <[hidden email]>:
[...]

When I rebuild Csound from master, and then rebuild CsoundQT, I still get the same lockup, but there is an additional message in the console (before any other message:

WARNING: not loading 'libhdf5ops.so' (incompatible with this version of Csound (3.1/3.0)

On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 7:12 AM, Dave Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Dave, for all the tests and narrowing it down so well!

I tried to build with qt 4.8.6 and still don't get this problem on openSuse Leap 42.1. What is your system? And yours, Eduardo?
What about other users in the list, is your config dialog opening correctly?

I will have closer look at the code and do some googling probably tomorrow to try to guess what is wrong.

So far, Dave, can you put a breakpoint before the crashing line and see, if you can guess any reason?

Greetings,
Tarmo

16.04.2016 16:22 kirjutas kuupäeval "Dave Seidel" <[hidden email]>:
and here's stack at that point (sorry for all the posts!):

1 raise 0x7ffff4103cc9
2 abort 0x7ffff41070d8
3 __gnu_cxx::__verbose_terminate_handler() 0x7ffff4a0e535
4 ?? 0x7ffff4a0c6d6
5 std::terminate() 0x7ffff4a0c703
6 __cxa_throw 0x7ffff4a0c922
7 std::__throw_logic_error(const char *) 0x7ffff4a5e1c7
8 char * std::string::_S_construct<const char *>(const char *, const char *, std::allocator<char> const&, std::forward_iterator_tag) 0x7ffff4a699f1
9 std::string::basic_string(const char *, std::allocator<char> const&) 0x7ffff4a69d88
10 csoundModuleInit 0x7fffd4337045
11 csoundInitModule 0x7ffff7a56ab1
12 csoundInitModules 0x7ffff7a56c7a
13 csoundReset 0x7ffff7a5c763
14 csoundCreate 0x7ffff7a578be
15 ConfigLists::refreshModules configlists.cpp 80 0x44f9a3
16 ConfigDialog::ConfigDialog configdialog.cpp 40 0x4295ee
17 CsoundQt::configure qutecsound.cpp 2240 0x4da328
18 CsoundQt::qt_static_metacall moc_qutecsound.cpp 611 0x5bcf97
19 QMetaObject::activate(QObject *, int, int, void * *) 0x7ffff4f46cef
20 QAction::triggered(bool) 0x7ffff689b952
... <More>

On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 9:19 AM, Dave Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
I downloaded QT5 using their installer (vs using apt, as I'd done previously), and built CsoundQt using QtCreator, using the QT 5.2 it detected on my system. Still hangs in the same way.

Them I rebuilt using the freshly-downloaded version (5.6) -- same issue.

Then I run it under the debugger: the fault occurs in the *second* call to

    CSOUND *csound = csoundCreate(NULL);

In other words, it is fine the first time, when it calls through to get the names of the audio interfaces. But when I try to open the Configuration dialog, it calls csoundCreate again, and this time it crashes. The debugger says that the app received a SIGABRT signal.

On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 8:08 AM, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

thanks for testing with Csound 6.06 - good to know that this is not the problem.
I am installing Qt 4.8.6 development packages and see if I can reproduce the problem and track it down.
If you build something with qmake, make sure that you use qmake of that version that you want to link against to.
for qt4 it should be  installed  in /usr/lib64/qt4/bin/  qt5 in /usr/lib64/qt5/bin/ can be /usr/lib(it can be called also qmake-qt4, qmake-qt5)

I recommend to use QtCreator - it is easier to and set up the qt versions and build kits (Options->Build and Run) and use shadow build, ie the output of different build types (qt versions) is but into different folders - so you don't mess up the builds and if one is working, you don't overwrite it.

I will get back to this later tonight.

[...]

Thanks a lot, Dave, Andres!

I will see if there is a ticket about it by Csound or what could be done.

Tarmo

16.04.2016 19:11 kirjutas kuupäeval "Dave Seidel" <[hidden email]>:
[...]

Removing libstkops solved the issue for me too. Thanks!

On Samstag, 16. April 2016 19:30:33 CEST, Tarmo Johannes wrote:

> Thanks a lot, Dave, Andres!
>
> I will see if there is a ticket about it by Csound or what could be done.
>
> Tarmo
> 16.04.2016 19:11 kirjutas kuupäeval "Dave Seidel" <[hidden email]>:
>
>> And by the way, the lib to remove is libstkops -- libstk itself does not
>> seem to cause any problems.
>>
>> On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 11:55 AM, Dave Seidel <[hidden email]>

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Error opening Settings

Mitch Kaufman
And for me as well.

Regards,
Mitch

> On Apr 16, 2016, at 2:02 PM, Eduardo Moguillansky <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Removing libstkops solved the issue for me too. Thanks!
>
>> On Samstag, 16. April 2016 19:30:33 CEST, Tarmo Johannes wrote:
>> Thanks a lot, Dave, Andres!
>>
>> I will see if there is a ticket about it by Csound or what could be done.
>>
>> Tarmo
>> 16.04.2016 19:11 kirjutas kuupäeval "Dave Seidel" <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> And by the way, the lib to remove is libstkops -- libstk itself does not
>>> seem to cause any problems.
>>>
>>> On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 11:55 AM, Dave Seidel <[hidden email]>

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Error opening Settings

joachim-3
just to note i had the same issue after a fresh install of csound
(having done apt-get build-dep csound before).

your receipe helped, but it is a really nasty issue.  is there any way
to get out of it meanwhile?  actually, building stk opcodes should be
possible for csoundqt users ...

best -
        joachim

On 17/04/16 23:53, Mitch Kaufman wrote:

> And for me as well.
>
> Regards,
> Mitch
>

>> On Apr 16, 2016, at 2:02 PM, Eduardo Moguillansky <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Removing libstkops solved the issue for me too. Thanks!
>>
>>> On Samstag, 16. April 2016 19:30:33 CEST, Tarmo Johannes wrote:
>>> Thanks a lot, Dave, Andres!
>>>
>>> I will see if there is a ticket about it by Csound or what could be done.
>>>
>>> Tarmo

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Error opening Settings

I have never used Stk opcodes. tried to build but failed at the first attempt.
I will try to get it built and see if I can understand the reason of the
crashes.

tarmo

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Error opening Settings

Dave Seidel-2
My money is on some sort memory or resource leak. When this happens, CsoundQt is able to invoke Csound at least once, to fetch input/output devices. It's on (I think) the second construction of a Csound instance that the fault occurs. So perhaps when the STK opcodes load, they do something that can only happen once without some sort of non-obvious cleanup.

- Dave

Hi,

<[hidden email]>:
> [...]

12