Quantcast

[Qutecsound-users] HTML5 in Linux

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[Qutecsound-users] HTML5 in Linux

Dominik TM
Hi,
I am really excited about the possibility to use html as GUI to csound.
Unfortunately I don't manage to build CsoundQt with HTML support.

I
- cloned git repository
- rolled back to tag 0.9.1 (HEAD didn't compile on my machine)
- downloaded cef_build from https://cefbuilds.com/ 
(http://www.magpcss.net links there)
- put the CEF distribution folder into the CsountQt directory (possibly
not the wisest place to keep it?)
- run CEF_HOME=/path/to/downloaded/cef/distribution
- qmake qcs.pro CONFIG+=html5

this gives me an error that 4 files are missing from src/:
WARNING: Failure to find: src/qcefwebview.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: src/cefclient_qt.h
WARNING: Failure to find: src/client_handler_qt.h
WARNING: Failure to find: src/qcefwebview.h

How can I proceed from here? A quick look at cef repositories reveals
that there is a lot of developer information (how to write app etc) that
seems a bit too far away for me to grasp atm.

Where should I put the downloaded cef folder?
what can i do about the missing files? am I using bad git revision?
Has anybody got this working on Linux?

I am on Debian 8 (stable). without html5 option CsoundQt compiles and
runs fine.

Thank you,
Dominik



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application Performance
APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month
Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now
Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=272487151&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
Qutecsound-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qutecsound-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Qutecsound-users] HTML5 in Linux

Tarmo Johannes

HI,

 

 

I am afraid at the currecnt moment CsoundQt does not build with html5 support - as you pointed out, some files are indeed missing from git. Let's wait until Michael will have a look.

 

When you said thea the HEAD version did non compile on your machine, was it also without html5 support? What was the error?

 

Thanks,

tarmo

 

On Friday 12 February 2016 20:42:47 Dominik TM wrote:

> Hi,

> I am really excited about the possibility to use html as GUI to csound.

> Unfortunately I don't manage to build CsoundQt with HTML support.

>

> I

> - cloned git repository

> - rolled back to tag 0.9.1 (HEAD didn't compile on my machine)

> - downloaded cef_build from https://cefbuilds.com/

> (http://www.magpcss.net links there)

> - put the CEF distribution folder into the CsountQt directory (possibly

> not the wisest place to keep it?)

> - run CEF_HOME=/path/to/downloaded/cef/distribution

> - qmake qcs.pro CONFIG+=html5

>

> this gives me an error that 4 files are missing from src/:

> WARNING: Failure to find: src/qcefwebview.cpp

> WARNING: Failure to find: src/cefclient_qt.h

> WARNING: Failure to find: src/client_handler_qt.h

> WARNING: Failure to find: src/qcefwebview.h

>

> How can I proceed from here? A quick look at cef repositories reveals

> that there is a lot of developer information (how to write app etc) that

> seems a bit too far away for me to grasp atm.

>

> Where should I put the downloaded cef folder?

> what can i do about the missing files? am I using bad git revision?

> Has anybody got this working on Linux?

>

> I am on Debian 8 (stable). without html5 option CsoundQt compiles and

> runs fine.

>

> Thank you,

> Dominik

>

>

>

> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

> -- Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application Performance

> APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month

> Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now

> Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!

> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=272487151&iu=/4140

> _______________________________________________

> Qutecsound-users mailing list

> [hidden email]

> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qutecsound-users

 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application Performance
APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month
Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now
Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=272487151&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
Qutecsound-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qutecsound-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Qutecsound-users] HTML5 in Linux

Dominik TM

> I am afraid at the currecnt moment CsoundQt does not  build with html5
> support - as you pointed out, some files are indeed missing from git.
> Let's
> wait until Michael will have a look.
I noticed that two of the 4 missing (qcefwebview.[h,cpp]) files have
been added in December (commit bf72a41668b9)
now two are still missing. I opened an issue on github


> When you said thea the HEAD version did non compile on your machine,
> was it also without html5 support? What was the error?
I now managed to compile HEAD version without html5 support only when I
get rid of one function in qtcsound.cpp l. 1903-1907.

        if (!m_virtualKeyboardPointer.isNull()) { // check if object still
existing (i.e application not exiting)
                if (showVirtualKeyboardAct->isChecked()) {
                        showVirtualKeyboardAct->setChecked(false);
                }
        }

the compiler complained about m_virtualKeyboardPointer not being
declared in this context.
It looks like that's exactly what the if statement tries to find out.
Looks like wrong syntax for me, but I am not familiar with c++.

I am working on Debian 8 (stable).



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application Performance
APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month
Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now
Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=272487151&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
Qutecsound-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qutecsound-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Qutecsound-users] HTML5 in Linux

Tarmo Johannes

Great,

 

thanks for reporting! The problem was that virtual keyboard can be compiled in only if the Qt version is 5.3 or greater. I had forgotten to add the condition

 

 

#ifdef USE_QT_GT_53

 

#endif

 

around that block. Very good that it came out! Now fixed in git. Can you pull and try again?

 

I will investigate about the commit bf72a41668b9 and the lost files.

 

Thanks again!

tarmo

 

On Monday 15 February 2016 13:18:17 you wrote:

> > I am afraid at the currecnt moment CsoundQt does not build with html5

> > support - as you pointed out, some files are indeed missing from git.

> > Let's

> > wait until Michael will have a look.

>

> I noticed that two of the 4 missing (qcefwebview.[h,cpp]) files have

> been added in December (commit bf72a41668b9)

> now two are still missing. I opened an issue on github

>

> > When you said thea the HEAD version did non compile on your machine,

> > was it also without html5 support? What was the error?

>

> I now managed to compile HEAD version without html5 support only when I

> get rid of one function in qtcsound.cpp l. 1903-1907.

>

> if (!m_virtualKeyboardPointer.isNull()) { // check if object still

> existing (i.e application not exiting)

> if (showVirtualKeyboardAct->isChecked()) {

> showVirtualKeyboardAct->setChecked(false);

> }

> }

>

> the compiler complained about m_virtualKeyboardPointer not being

> declared in this context.

> It looks like that's exactly what the if statement tries to find out.

> Looks like wrong syntax for me, but I am not familiar with c++.

>

> I am working on Debian 8 (stable).

 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application Performance
APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month
Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now
Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=272487151&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
Qutecsound-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qutecsound-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Qutecsound-users] HTML5 in Linux

Dominik TM

> thanks for reporting!
welcome

> The problem was that virtual keyboard can be
> compiled in only if the Qt version is 5.3 or greater. I had forgotten
> to add
> the condition
>
>
> #ifdef USE_QT_GT_53
>
> #endif
>
> around that block. Very good that it came out! Now fixed in git. Can
> you pull
> and try again?
works for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application Performance
APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month
Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now
Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=272487151&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
Qutecsound-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qutecsound-users
Loading...