[Qutecsound-users] How to get Csoundqt running on Ubuntu 14.04?

[Qutecsound-users] How to get Csoundqt running on Ubuntu 14.04?

Jan Jacob Hofmann
Dear List,

recently I built the latest version of Csound from the sources. I can
now again play pieces using blue.

Then I did install Csoundqt using the Ubuntu-Software-Center, which also
worked fine. I can start Csound qt from the terminal.
After setting the usual preferences, I tried to run several
example-pieces from Csoundqt. However there is no sound, just several
messages on terminal, which do look completely complicated to me.
Has anybody some idea, what could be wrong and what I should change?
(See output of terminal below)

All the best,

Jan Jacob

janjacobhofmann@janjacobhofmann-ThinkPad-T430:~$ csoundqt
csoundqt: Symbol `CS_VAR_TYPE_K' has different size in shared object,
consider re-linking
csoundqt: Symbol `CS_VAR_TYPE_S' has different size in shared object,
consider re-linking
virtual_keyboard real time MIDI plugin for Csound
ACHTUNG: STK opcodes not available: define environment variable RAWWAVE_PATH
(points to rawwaves directory) to use STK opcodes.
0dBFS level = 32768,0
Csound version 6.08 (double samples) Sep 18 2016
libsndfile-1.0.25
Object::connect: No such slot WidgetPanel::dockStateChanged(bool)
void DBusMenuExporterPrivate::addAction(QAction*, int): Already tracking
action "Cabbage Text einfügen/aktualisieren" under id 8
Warning: Could not find FLOSS Manual Examples.
Warning: Could not find McCurdy Collection.
Warning: Could not find Stria Synth files.
Object::connect: No such signal FileBEditor::textChanged()
Object::connect:  (sender name:   'FileBEditor')
Object::connect: No such slot DocumentView::openParameterSelection()
CsoundEngine::messageListDispatcher()
Object::connect: No such signal FileBEditor::textChanged()
Object::connect:  (sender name:   'FileBEditor')
Object::connect: No such slot DocumentView::openParameterSelection()
Object::connect: No such slot DocumentPage::evaluate(QString)
WidgetLayout::loadXmlWidgets Older Widget Format version
Could not parse application stylesheet
virtual_keyboard real time MIDI plugin for Csound
0dBFS level = 32768,0
Csound version 6.08 (double samples) Sep 18 2016
libsndfile-1.0.25
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/tmp/csound-qnB5RS.ext", line 19, in <module>
     from csd.pysco import PythonScore
ImportError: No module named csd.pysco
csound
-b1024
-B2048
-+rtaudio=pa_bl
-iadc
-odac
--env:CSNOSTOP=yes
/tmp/csound-tmpXMTJ2500.csd
Csound compile failed!  -1

--

sound      |      movement       |       object      |      space
sonic architecture     |      site: http://www.sonicarchitecture.de

Re: [Qutecsound-users] How to get Csoundqt running on Ubuntu 14.04?

Tarmo Johannes
Dear Jan,

It is hard to guess, but
> Symbol `CS_VAR_TYPE_K' has different size in shared object,
>consider re-linking

tells that there is a verion or 32bit/64bit architecture mismatch or your
CsoundQt does not want to work with the newly build Csound.

What is your CsoundQt version? Is your Ubuntu 32 or 64-bit?

Can you guess, what is csd.pysco?
>      from csd.pysco import PythonScore
> ImportError: No module named csd.pysco
Is it your own module and where is it saved?

Does the output of Examples->Getting started-> Hello world look OK?
What happens if you run it in terminal?

Please give somewhat more info and maybe we can help you further.

Best!
tarmo