Quantcast

[Qutecsound-users] Lockup problem: 0.9.2.1

[Qutecsound-users] Lockup problem: 0.9.2.1

Dave Seidel-2
Hi Tarmo,

I manged to get CsoundQt built with QT5 and PythonQT (building THAT was a bit of a chore). I have not tried much with it yet, but I am having a repeatable problem: if I select Edit/Configuration, the app locks up, and I have to kill it.

Running from a console, I get the following when I after I click on Configuration from the Edit menu:

virtual_keyboard real time MIDI plugin for Csound
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error'
  what():  basic_string::_S_construct null not valid
Csound tidy up: Aborted

- Dave

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Lockup problem: 0.9.2.1

Great you got it working! If there is something special compared to building on debian or Fedora:

https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/wiki/Building-CsoundQt-for-Debian-with-QtCreator

https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/wiki/Compiling-CsoundQT-for-Fedora-22-w-Python-and-RTmidi-support

Would you consider writing a wiki page there? Or edit and exted the existing articles if it could be useful also to others?

Your problem is probably form your build, it works here. Next lines that you should see in the console are:

virtual_keyboard real time MIDI plugin for Csound
0dBFS level = 32768,0
Csound version 6.07 (double samples) Mar 14 2016
libsndfile-1.0.25-exp
end of score.              overall amps:      0,0
          overall samples out of range:        0
0 errors in performance
Elapsed time at end of performance: real: 0,000s, CPU: 0,000s

So - seems there is problem loading the Csound library. Or can you guess what is causing the prblem? Can you try to run something with "Run in terminal"

Sometimes simple $ sudo /sbin/ldconfig helps :)

tarmo

On Thursday 14 April 2016 17:58:52 Dave Seidel wrote:

> Hi Tarmo,

> I manged to get CsoundQt built with QT5 and PythonQT (building THAT was a

> bit of a chore). I have not tried much with it yet, but I am having a

> repeatable problem: if I select Edit/Configuration, the app locks up, and I

> have to kill it.

> Running from a console, I get the following when I after I click on

> Configuration from the Edit menu:

> virtual_keyboard real time MIDI plugin for Csound

> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error'

> what(): basic_string::_S_construct null not valid

> Csound tidy up: Aborted

> - Dave

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Lockup problem: 0.9.2.1

Dave Seidel-2
I don't really have enough to make a new wiki page worthwhile. It was just a matter of trial-and-error figuring our which packages I needed to install for so that PythonQT would build. And I have not figure out getting the RTmidi support in (though it isn't really important for me). But I'll take a look at the pages and see if there's anything I can add.

I will try actually running something in CsoundQT tonight when I have time. I should note that I had the same lockup when I built with QT4 and no PythonQT. I have the latest Csound from the develop branch on my system (6.0.7).

- Dave

Hi,