[Qutecsound-users] New alpha with app creator for OS X

[Qutecsound-users] New alpha with app creator for OS X

Hi everyone,

I've just put up a new alpha release of CsoundQt which demonstrates
the app creator on OS X. It's still a bit rough on the edges, but I
appreciate if you give it a try and report issues.

It's here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/qutecsound/files/CsoundQt/0.7.0-alpha/

You still need Csound installed on your system, but I'm very close to
finishing a self contained package.

Re: [Qutecsound-users] New alpha with app creator for OS X

Dr. Richard Boulanger
WOW.  FANTASTIC!!!!!!

It is working on a number of things that I have tried from the examples menu.  I am running OS X 10.6.8.

BUT...

for some reason I can't set the MIDI device and so the MIDI synths - which work in CsoundQt, don't work when
turned into stand-alones.

When I go to the preferences dialog, I can not select from either of the pop-up menus in the MIDI Devices section.

-dB

___________________________________

Dr. Richard Boulanger, Ph.D.

Professor of Electronic Production and Design
Professional Writing and Music Technology Division
Berklee College of Music
1140 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02215-3693

617-747-2485 (office)
774-488-9166 (cell)

____________________________________

____________________________________

____________________________________

On Jan 27, 2012, at 3:10 PM, Andres Cabrera wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've just put up a new alpha release of CsoundQt which demonstrates
the app creator on OS X. It's still a bit rough on the edges, but I
appreciate if you give it a try and report issues.

It's here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/qutecsound/files/CsoundQt/0.7.0-alpha/

You still need Csound installed on your system, but I'm very close to
finishing a self contained package.

Re: [Qutecsound-users] New alpha with app creator for OS X

Hi Dr. B,

Thanks for trying. This is actually one of the rough edges... You
can't currently use that menu, so for now, you need to set the devices
in the CsOptions section...

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Dr. Richard Boulanger
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> WOW.  FANTASTIC!!!!!!
>
> It is working on a number of things that I have tried from the examples
> menu.  I am running OS X 10.6.8.
>
> BUT...
>
> for some reason I can't set the MIDI device and so the MIDI synths - which
> work in CsoundQt, don't work when
> turned into stand-alones.
>
> When I go to the preferences dialog, I can not select from either of the
> pop-up menus in the MIDI Devices section.
>
> -dB
>
> ___________________________________
>
> Dr. Richard Boulanger, Ph.D.
>
> Professor of Electronic Production and Design
> Professional Writing and Music Technology Division
> Berklee College of Music
> 1140 Boylston Street
> Boston, MA 02215-3693
>
> 617-747-2485 (office)
> 774-488-9166 (cell)
>
> [hidden email]
> http://csounds.com/boulanger
> ____________________________________
>
> http://csounds.com
> http://csoundforlive.com
> ____________________________________
>
> http://csounds.com/mathews
> ____________________________________
>
> On Jan 27, 2012, at 3:10 PM, Andres Cabrera wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've just put up a new alpha release of CsoundQt which demonstrates
> the app creator on OS X. It's still a bit rough on the edges, but I
> appreciate if you give it a try and report issues.
>
> It's here:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/qutecsound/files/CsoundQt/0.7.0-alpha/
>
> You still need Csound installed on your system, but I'm very close to
> finishing a self contained package.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrés

Re: [Qutecsound-users] New alpha with app creator for OS X

Dr. Richard Boulanger
OK.  I will try that.  for some reason I could set output and input devices - maybe they were just the defaults and I was changing the names but not the actual settings?

___________________________________

<[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Yes, I would think that is the case. It should just be using the
defaults for now.

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 8:55 PM, Dr. Richard Boulanger
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>

> http://csounds.com
>
> http://csoundforlive.com
>
> ____________________________________
>

> http://csounds.com/mathews
>
> ____________________________________
>

> On Jan 27, 2012, at 3:10 PM, Andres Cabrera wrote:
>

> Hi everyone,
>

> I've just put up a new alpha release of CsoundQt which demonstrates
>
> the app creator on OS X. It's still a bit rough on the edges, but I
>
> appreciate if you give it a try and report issues.
>

> It's here:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/qutecsound/files/CsoundQt/0.7.0-alpha/
>

> You still need Csound installed on your system, but I'm very close to
>
> finishing a self contained package.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Andrés

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-dev2

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-dev2

Re: [Qutecsound-users] New alpha with app creator for OS X

Still no luck with MIDI controllers in.

Could you please send me a commandline that is working for you - and tell me where/how to specify it.

my MIDI controller device is #2.

So... in the csOptions section of the .csd I wrote  -M2   (nope)
So... in the additional commandline flags line/field in the configure dialog I typed -M2 and created an app  (nope)

let me know what works for you please.

thanks

-dB
___________________________________

<[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I haven't tried it but it probably means its not working currently. It
will work once I populate and use the device selection boxes.

Cheers,
Andres

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 9:15 PM, Dr. Richard Boulanger
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>

> ____________________________________
>

> http://csounds.com/mathews
>

> ____________________________________
>

> On Jan 27, 2012, at 3:10 PM, Andres Cabrera wrote:
>

> Hi everyone,
>

> I've just put up a new alpha release of CsoundQt which demonstrates
>

> the app creator on OS X. It's still a bit rough on the edges, but I
>

> appreciate if you give it a try and report issues.
>

> It's here:
>

> https://sourceforge.net/projects/qutecsound/files/CsoundQt/0.7.0-alpha/
>

> You still need Csound installed on your system, but I'm very close to
>

> finishing a self contained package.
>

> Cheers,
>

> Andrés

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-dev2

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-dev2

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-dev2

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-dev2

Re: [Qutecsound-users] New alpha with app creator for OS X

OK.  Well the non-MIDI widget stand-alone examples are fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone.