[Qutecsound-users] Newbie's ubuntu user audio card question

[Qutecsound-users] Newbie's ubuntu user audio card question

Marcelo Carneiro de Lima
Hi, I know this must be a common thread, but I need advices concerning to multchannel audio interfaces for ubuntu studio. I have already tried an Roland Octa Capture 10x10 I have at my laboratory (since I knew in advance that my own motu won't work), but despite the fact that both jack and Ardour listed its name in their configuration/setup tab, it didn't work. I also have a not professional Roland UA22 that I menage to use with ubuntu in its tab mode, but thisI use just for rehearsals and some mixing, not for concerts.
Do you know if there is a driver for Octa Capture? Anyone interested in doing it?
Thank you.

Marcelo

--
Marcelo Carneiro
(21) 9382-3621

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Newbie's ubuntu user audio card question

http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/hardware_support repport Octa Capture as "state unknown". Maybe there are drivesrs somewhere though...
There are quite many firewire sound cards that work well with FFADO http://www.ffado.org/?q=devicesupport/list
I have good experience with Focusrite Saffire.
Most of the profi sound cards don't work well with built in PC firewire chips, you might need to have a express or PCMCIA (for older laptops) extension card, preferably with Texas Instruments chipset.
Well, this is the one downside of linux - no official drivers for much of hardware.
Best!