Quantcast

[Qutecsound-users] OSX installer

Johannes Schütt has prepared an installer for OSX of CsoundQt 0.9.2 (or actually the latest state in develop branch), it was quite a long process to get it right, but please download, test and report, if it works for you.

NB! Csound must be installed first from the "official" Csound OSX installer (not homebrew).

The installer is uploaded to release page by github:

https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/releases/tag/0.9.2

Let us know!

thtanks,

Re: [Qutecsound-users] OSX installer

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Thanks!

Awesome work.

Looking and working great.
- happy to have the new keyboard and all the previous features and content there!

Hopefully there will be a step-by-step list of instructions on how to build for OSX from sources.
- that will be hugely helpful too.

I did have it crash on me when I was trying to use Live Events.
- I was trying to use Tarmo's recent post of his scanned explorer.
- I have attached it for your tests.

I could not get the live events to "play"
After trying to play from within the live editors, it crashed CsoundQt.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 2:48 PM, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Johannes Schütt has prepared an installer for OSX of CsoundQt 0.9.2 (or actually the latest state in develop branch), it was quite a long process to get it right, but please download, test and report, if it works for you.

NB! Csound must be installed first from the "official" Csound OSX installer (not homebrew).

The installer is uploaded to release page by github:

https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/releases/tag/0.9.2

Let us know!

thtanks,

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor of Electronic Production and Design
Professional Writing and Music Technology Division
Berklee College of Music
President of Boulanger Labs - http://boulangerlabs.com
Author & Editor of The Csound Book - http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/csound-book
Author & Editor of The Audio Programming Book - http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/audio-programming-book
about: http://www.boulangerlabs.com/about/richardboulanger/
about: http://www.csounds.com/community/developers/dr-richard-boulanger/
music: http://www.csounds.com/community/developers/dr-richard-boulanger/dr-richard-boulanger-music/

email: [hidden email]
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/richard.boulanger.58

scanned-sandbox.csd (11K) Download Attachment

Re: [Qutecsound-users] OSX installer

Tarmo Johannes
Thanks for trying it out and  the report!

Building yourself is always very welcome and probably the best way to get most stable version.
There has been wiki for OSX for quite some time, I will add some notes there from my experience

https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/wiki/Building-CsoundQt-for-OSX-with-QtCreator

We will investigate it.