[Qutecsound-users] Preparing for beta release

12

[Qutecsound-users] Preparing for beta release

Hi all,

I'm starting preparations for a new beta release. It will have many
improvements in many areas and many bug fixes.

So I'm calling people who are building from svn to give the current
svn version a try.

I'm interested in feedback in respect to stability and CPU usage
(which in my personal tests has improved very significantly).
Also of great importance is helping make sure the new widget format is
working as it should in every respect (both importing files in the old
csd format, and in fully maintining fidelity of saved documents). I've
done my best effort to make sure everything is working, but I hope to
catch any remaining bugs during this beta phase.
I recommend you backup your csd files during this process, but fear
not, as QuteCsound will make an automatic backup file when it loads
any file in the old format.

I'm also looking for feedback on the font appearance on different
platforms (particularly Windows which I can't test...). The new widget
format allows specifying a font size by number, which increases the
possibilities, but breaks fidelity somewhat with the old format. I've
put in two options for controlling font size called font scaling and
font offset. I've settled on scaling 0.8 and offset 2.0 on OS X
(tested on 10.6) and scaling of 0.8 and offset of 3.0 on Ubuntu.
Please let me know how these defaults treat the text in your files in
your platform. Ideally there should be no need to change the font
sizes of widgets, only the scaling and offset. I'm attaching a file
and a screenshot to compare how things look in Ubuntu (OS X for me
looks almost nearly equal).

Font size test.csd (56K) Download Attachment
Font test 0.6-2.0-Ubuntu.png (260K) Download Attachment

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Preparing for beta release

Jim Aikin
I'm not competent to actually build it from source ... at least, not
without a lot of hand-holding! (I'd love to learn how.) But I'd be happy
to test the Windows version. I'm on Win7 64-bit. (I also use QuteCsound
on my MacBook, 10.5.8.)

--Jim Aikin

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Preparing for beta release

andy fillebrown
I'll build a Windows version and make it available tomorrow, time permitting.

Cheers,
~ andy.f

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 3:04 PM, Jim Aikin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm not competent to actually build it from source ... at least, not
> without a lot of hand-holding! (I'd love to learn how.) But I'd be happy
> to test the Windows version. I'm on Win7 64-bit. (I also use QuteCsound
> on my MacBook, 10.5.8.)
>
> --Jim Aikin

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Preparing for beta release

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the offer, but I was thinking of trying it out with people who build from source, to catch the worst bugs, and then I was planning on asking you to build a windows beta version and Joachim and Alex to build an OS X beta version.

I think it's bet to give it a small more "private" test before releasing a binary...

Thanks again,
Andrés

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 10:07 PM, andy fillebrown <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'll build a Windows version and make it available tomorrow, time permitting.

Cheers,
~ andy.f

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 3:04 PM, Jim Aikin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm not competent to actually build it from source ... at least, not
> without a lot of hand-holding! (I'd love to learn how.) But I'd be happy
> to test the Windows version. I'm on Win7 64-bit. (I also use QuteCsound
> on my MacBook, 10.5.8.)
>
> --Jim Aikin

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Preparing for beta release

andy fillebrown
... in that case i'll build a windows version and *not* make it
available tomorrow =)

Is there a specific set of csd files you'd like me to try it on, old and new?

Cheers,
~ andy.f

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Andy,
>
> Thanks for the offer, but I was thinking of trying it out with people who
> build from source, to catch the worst bugs, and then I was planning on
> asking you to build a windows beta version and Joachim and Alex to build an
> OS X beta version.
>
> I think it's bet to give it a small more "private" test before releasing a
> binary...
>
> Thanks again,
> Andrés
>
> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 10:07 PM, andy fillebrown
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I'll build a Windows version and make it available tomorrow, time
>> permitting.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> ~ andy.f
>>

>> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 3:04 PM, Jim Aikin <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > I'm not competent to actually build it from source ... at least, not
>> > without a lot of hand-holding! (I'd love to learn how.) But I'd be happy
>> > to test the Windows version. I'm on Win7 64-bit. (I also use QuteCsound
>> > on my MacBook, 10.5.8.)
>> >
>> > --Jim Aikin

> Andrés

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Preparing for beta release

Great! =)

It would be great if you can go through some of the examples (e.g. the synths and music folders)  and save the files in the new widget format, check they are working and then commit them to svn, so that we have the example files in the new format.

Thanks!
Andrés

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 10:28 PM, andy fillebrown <[hidden email]> wrote:
... in that case i'll build a windows version and *not* make it
available tomorrow =)

Is there a specific set of csd files you'd like me to try it on, old and new?

Cheers,
~ andy.f

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> Thanks for the offer, but I was thinking of trying it out with people who
> build from source, to catch the worst bugs, and then I was planning on
> asking you to build a windows beta version and Joachim and Alex to build an
> OS X beta version.
>
> I think it's bet to give it a small more "private" test before releasing a
> binary...
>
> Thanks again,
> Andrés
>
> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 10:07 PM, andy fillebrown
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I'll build a Windows version and make it available tomorrow, time
>> permitting.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> ~ andy.f
>>

>> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 3:04 PM, Jim Aikin <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > I'm not competent to actually build it from source ... at least, not
>> > without a lot of hand-holding! (I'd love to learn how.) But I'd be happy
>> > to test the Windows version. I'm on Win7 64-bit. (I also use QuteCsound
>> > on my MacBook, 10.5.8.)
>> >
>> > --Jim Aikin

> Andrés

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Preparing for beta release

andy fillebrown
... no Csound 5.12 for Windows yet =(
(might as well skip it and wait for 5.13 =)

I'll be building against 5.11 (again).

Cheers,
~ andy.f

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 3:09 AM, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great! =)
>
> It would be great if you can go through some of the examples (e.g. the
> synths and music folders)  and save the files in the new widget format,
> check they are working and then commit them to svn, so that we have the
> example files in the new format.
>
> Thanks!
> Andrés
>
> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 10:28 PM, andy fillebrown
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> ... in that case i'll build a windows version and *not* make it
>> available tomorrow =)
>>
>> Is there a specific set of csd files you'd like me to try it on, old and
>> new?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> ~ andy.f
>>

>> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi Andy,
>> >
>> > Thanks for the offer, but I was thinking of trying it out with people
>> > who
>> > build from source, to catch the worst bugs, and then I was planning on
>> > asking you to build a windows beta version and Joachim and Alex to build
>> > an
>> > OS X beta version.
>> >
>> > I think it's bet to give it a small more "private" test before releasing
>> > binary...
>> >
>> > Thanks again,
>> > Andrés

>> > --
>> >

>> > Andrés

> Andrés

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Preparing for beta release

andy fillebrown
Hi Andres,

QuteCsound is crashing on startup on Windows.  Here is a stack dump ...

0 QLineControl::findInMask qlinecontrol.cpp 1115 0x021debeb
1 QLineControl::nextMaskBlank qlinecontrol_p.h 368 0x0244f53c
2 QLineControl::moveCursor qlinecontrol.cpp 376 0x021db77f
3 QLineControl::setCursorPosition qlinecontrol_p.h 663 0x0244f761
4 QLineEdit::setCursorPosition qlineedit.cpp 711 0x021d5d84
5 QuteSpinBox::refreshWidget qutespinbox.cpp 181 0x004af036
6 WidgetLayout::refreshWidgets widgetlayout.cpp 1124 0x004d81a5
7 CsoundEngine::dispatchQueues csoundengine.cpp 834 0x004194ed
8 CsoundEngine::qt_metacall moc_csoundengine.cpp 114 0x004ede7b
9 QMetaObject::metacall qmetaobject.cpp 237 0x6a201c04
10 QMetaObject::activate qobject.cpp 3285 0x6a211a17
11 QSingleShotTimer::timeout qtimer.moc 82 0x6a214f17
12 QSingleShotTimer::timerEvent qtimer.cpp 308 0x6a214e12
13 QObject::event qobject.cpp 1204 0x6a20de34
14 QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper qapplication.cpp 4300 0x01e12520
15 QApplication::notify qapplication.cpp 3704 0x01e0fe2c
16 QCoreApplication::notifyInternal qcoreapplication.cpp 704 0x6a1fd302
17 QCoreApplication::sendEvent qcoreapplication.h 215 0x6a2615bc
18 QEventDispatcherWin32Private::sendTimerEvent qeventdispatcher_win.cpp 609 0x6a21fd76
19 qt_internal_proc qeventdispatcher_win.cpp 476 0x6a21f6ec
20 USER32!GetDC C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll 0 0x7e418734
... <More>

It gets past the opening dialog regarding the new widget format, then
the line-editor appears, and then boom!
Any ideas which timer is firing this? (*grumbles about timers again* =)

~ andy.f

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm starting preparations for a new beta release. It will have many
> improvements in many areas and many bug fixes.
>
> So I'm calling people who are building from svn to give the current
> svn version a try.
>
> I'm interested in feedback in respect to stability and CPU usage
> (which in my personal tests has improved very significantly).
> Also of great importance is helping make sure the new widget format is
> working as it should in every respect (both importing files in the old
> csd format, and in fully maintining fidelity of saved documents). I've
> done my best effort to make sure everything is working, but I hope to
> catch any remaining bugs during this beta phase.
> I recommend you backup your csd files during this process, but fear
> not, as QuteCsound will make an automatic backup file when it loads
> any file in the old format.
>
> I'm also looking for feedback on the font appearance on different
> platforms (particularly Windows which I can't test...). The new widget
> format allows specifying a font size by number, which increases the
> possibilities, but breaks fidelity somewhat with the old format. I've
> put in two options for controlling font size called font scaling and
> font offset. I've settled on scaling 0.8 and offset 2.0 on OS X
> (tested on 10.6) and scaling of 0.8 and offset of 3.0 on Ubuntu.
> Please let me know how these defaults treat the text in your files in
> your platform. Ideally there should be no need to change the font
> sizes of widgets, only the scaling and offset. I'm attaching a file
> and a screenshot to compare how things look in Ubuntu (OS X for me
> looks almost nearly equal).
>
> Cheers,
> Andrés

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Preparing for beta release

I was sure I had commited a fix for this, but just checked and it's not there... but now it is. It was the timer's fault... =)

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 2:59 PM, andy fillebrown <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> platforms (particularly Windows which I can't test...). The new widget
> format allows specifying a font size by number, which increases the
> possibilities, but breaks fidelity somewhat with the old format. I've
> put in two options for controlling font size called font scaling and
> font offset. I've settled on scaling 0.8 and offset 2.0 on OS X
> (tested on 10.6) and scaling of 0.8 and offset of 3.0 on Ubuntu.
> Please let me know how these defaults treat the text in your files in
> your platform. Ideally there should be no need to change the font
> sizes of widgets, only the scaling and offset. I'm attaching a file
> and a screenshot to compare how things look in Ubuntu (OS X for me
> looks almost nearly equal).
>
> Cheers,
> Andrés

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Preparing for beta release

Ok, it opens now, but when running the additive synth example (the
first one I test) there's a mutex trying to unlock from a different
thread than the one that locked it ...

0 qFatal qglobal.cpp 2478 0x6a10ea2a
1 qt_assert_x qglobal.cpp 2021 0x6a10e09c
2 QMutex::unlock qmutex.cpp 371 0x6a1113ea
3 WidgetLayout::getValueForChannel widgetlayout.cpp 519 0x004d2fcf
4 CsoundEngine::inputValueCallback csoundengine.cpp 187 0x004176bf
5 invalset aops.c 1507 0x6743447f
6 insert insert.c 188 0x6741192a
7 process_score_event musmon.c 687 0x67414991
8 sensevents musmon.c 866 0x674156aa
9 csoundPerformKsmps csound.c 1382 0x67475d0c
10 csnd!_ZN23CsoundPerformanceThread7PerformEv C:\Program
Files\Csound-single\bin\csnd.dll 0 0x6544ccfd
11 ?? 0 0x0c74da98
12 ?? 0 0x0c74da98
13 ?? 0 0x0c74da98
14 ?? 0 0x00000080
15 msvcrt!_endthreadex C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll 0 0x77c3a3b0
16 KERNEL32!GetModuleFileNameA C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll 0 0x7c80b713
17 ?? 0 0x00000000

---

Debug console output ...

QuteCsound using Csound Version:  5112
Lowest section in C:\WINDOWS\system32\xpsp2res.dll is .rsrc at 00011000
<MacOptions> loaded.
<MacGUI> loaded.
qutecsound::loadFile Writing backup file:
"C:/-/home/csound/csound-manual-examples/Additive_Synth.csd.old-format"
qutecsound::qutecsound()
qutecsound::setWidgetPanelGeometry() Warning: X position invalid.
qutecsound::setWidgetPanelGeometry() Warning: Y position invalid.
ASSERT failure in QMutex::unlock(): "A mutex must be unlocked in the
same thread that locked it.", file thread\qmutex.cpp, line 371
Csound tidy up: Abort

---

~ andy.f

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> > platforms (particularly Windows which I can't test...). The new widget
>> > format allows specifying a font size by number, which increases the
>> > possibilities, but breaks fidelity somewhat with the old format. I've
>> > put in two options for controlling font size called font scaling and
>> > font offset. I've settled on scaling 0.8 and offset 2.0 on OS X
>> > (tested on 10.6) and scaling of 0.8 and offset of 3.0 on Ubuntu.
>> > Please let me know how these defaults treat the text in your files in
>> > your platform. Ideally there should be no need to change the font
>> > sizes of widgets, only the scaling and offset. I'm attaching a file
>> > and a screenshot to compare how things look in Ubuntu (OS X for me
>> > looks almost nearly equal).
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Andrés

> Andrés

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Preparing for beta release

Thanks, it was a leftover unlocker, which should've been removed...
Should be fine now...

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 5:03 PM, andy fillebrown
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>> 16      QCoreApplication::notifyInternal        qcoreapplication.cpp
>>>  704     0x6a1fd302
>>> 17      QCoreApplication::sendEvent     qcoreapplication.h      215
>>> 0x6a2615bc
>>> 18      QEventDispatcherWin32Private::sendTimerEvent
>>>  qeventdispatcher_win.cpp        609     0x6a21fd76
>>> 19      qt_internal_proc        qeventdispatcher_win.cpp        476
>>> 0x6a21f6ec
>>> 20      USER32!GetDC    C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll  0       0x7e418734
>>> ...     <More>
>>>
>>> It gets past the opening dialog regarding the new widget format, then
>>> the line-editor appears, and then boom!
>>> Any ideas which timer is firing this? (*grumbles about timers again* =)
>>>
>>> ~ andy.f

>> --
>>

>> Andrés

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Preparing for beta release

Ah, good, working now!

Cheers,
~ andy.f

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks, it was a leftover unlocker, which should've been removed...
> Should be fine now...
>
> Cheers,
> Andrés
>
> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 5:03 PM, andy fillebrown
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Ok, it opens now, but when running the additive synth example (the
>> first one I test) there's a mutex trying to unlock from a different
>> thread than the one that locked it ...
>>
>> 0       qFatal  qglobal.cpp     2478    0x6a10ea2a
>> 1       qt_assert_x     qglobal.cpp     2021    0x6a10e09c
>> 2       QMutex::unlock  qmutex.cpp      371     0x6a1113ea
>> 3       WidgetLayout::getValueForChannel        widgetlayout.cpp        519     0x004d2fcf
>> 4       CsoundEngine::inputValueCallback        csoundengine.cpp        187     0x004176bf
>> 5       invalset        aops.c  1507    0x6743447f
>> 6       insert  insert.c        188     0x6741192a
>> 7       process_score_event     musmon.c        687     0x67414991
>> 8       sensevents      musmon.c        866     0x674156aa
>> 9       csoundPerformKsmps      csound.c        1382    0x67475d0c
>> 10      csnd!_ZN23CsoundPerformanceThread7PerformEv     C:\Program
>> Files\Csound-single\bin\csnd.dll        0       0x6544ccfd
>> 11      ??              0       0x0c74da98
>> 12      ??              0       0x0c74da98
>> 13      ??              0       0x0c74da98
>> 14      ??              0       0x00000080
>> 15      msvcrt!_endthreadex     C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll  0       0x77c3a3b0
>> 16      KERNEL32!GetModuleFileNameA     C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll        0       0x7c80b713
>> 17      ??              0       0x00000000
>>
>> ---
>>
>> Debug console output ...
>>
>> QuteCsound using Csound Version:  5112
>> Lowest section in C:\WINDOWS\system32\xpsp2res.dll is .rsrc at 00011000
>> <MacOptions> loaded.
>> <MacGUI> loaded.
>> qutecsound::loadFile Writing backup file:
>> "C:/-/home/csound/csound-manual-examples/Additive_Synth.csd.old-format"
>> qutecsound::qutecsound()
>> qutecsound::setWidgetPanelGeometry() Warning: X position invalid.
>> qutecsound::setWidgetPanelGeometry() Warning: Y position invalid.
>> ASSERT failure in QMutex::unlock(): "A mutex must be unlocked in the
>> same thread that locked it.", file thread\qmutex.cpp, line 371
>> Csound tidy up: Abort
>>
>> ---
>>
>> ~ andy.f
>>

>> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I was sure I had commited a fix for this, but just checked and it's not
>>> there... but now it is. It was the timer's fault... =)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Andrés

>>> --
>>>

>>> Andrés

> Andrés

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Preparing for beta release

Good! This is why I wanted some preliminary testing... I don't trust myself...=)

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 5:49 PM, andy fillebrown
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ah, good, working now!
>
> Cheers,
> ~ andy.f
>

> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks, it was a leftover unlocker, which should've been removed...
>> Should be fine now...
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Andrés
>>
>> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 5:03 PM, andy fillebrown
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Ok, it opens now, but when running the additive synth example (the
>>> first one I test) there's a mutex trying to unlock from a different
>>> thread than the one that locked it ...
>>>
>>> 0       qFatal  qglobal.cpp     2478    0x6a10ea2a
>>> 1       qt_assert_x     qglobal.cpp     2021    0x6a10e09c
>>> 2       QMutex::unlock  qmutex.cpp      371     0x6a1113ea
>>> 3       WidgetLayout::getValueForChannel        widgetlayout.cpp        519     0x004d2fcf
>>> 4       CsoundEngine::inputValueCallback        csoundengine.cpp        187     0x004176bf
>>> 5       invalset        aops.c  1507    0x6743447f
>>> 6       insert  insert.c        188     0x6741192a
>>> 7       process_score_event     musmon.c        687     0x67414991
>>> 8       sensevents      musmon.c        866     0x674156aa
>>> 9       csoundPerformKsmps      csound.c        1382    0x67475d0c
>>> 10      csnd!_ZN23CsoundPerformanceThread7PerformEv     C:\Program
>>> Files\Csound-single\bin\csnd.dll        0       0x6544ccfd
>>> 11      ??              0       0x0c74da98
>>> 12      ??              0       0x0c74da98
>>> 13      ??              0       0x0c74da98
>>> 14      ??              0       0x00000080
>>> 15      msvcrt!_endthreadex     C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll  0       0x77c3a3b0
>>> 16      KERNEL32!GetModuleFileNameA     C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll        0       0x7c80b713
>>> 17      ??              0       0x00000000
>>>
>>> ---
>>>
>>> Debug console output ...
>>>
>>> QuteCsound using Csound Version:  5112
>>> Lowest section in C:\WINDOWS\system32\xpsp2res.dll is .rsrc at 00011000
>>> <MacOptions> loaded.
>>> <MacGUI> loaded.
>>> qutecsound::loadFile Writing backup file:
>>> "C:/-/home/csound/csound-manual-examples/Additive_Synth.csd.old-format"
>>> qutecsound::qutecsound()
>>> qutecsound::setWidgetPanelGeometry() Warning: X position invalid.
>>> qutecsound::setWidgetPanelGeometry() Warning: Y position invalid.
>>> ASSERT failure in QMutex::unlock(): "A mutex must be unlocked in the
>>> same thread that locked it.", file thread\qmutex.cpp, line 371
>>> Csound tidy up: Abort
>>>
>>> ---
>>>
>>> ~ andy.f

>> --
>>

>> Andrés

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Preparing for beta release

andy fillebrown
Here's a screen-capture for the fonts on Windows XP.  Font size is
0.60, offset is 2.00

Font test 0.6.2.0-WinXP.png (106K) Download Attachment

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Preparing for beta release

Thanks!

I've come to realize it's better to have no offset and scaling of 1 as
default, and scale the fonts coming from old format files. So please
if you're using the svn version, please update your sources and make
sure you set the font offset to 0 and the font scaling to 1.0 as this
will be the default from now on. Also try to use fonts like Arial,
Courier and Times to ensure the appearance is the same on all
platforms.

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 7:56 PM, andy fillebrown
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here's a screen-capture for the fonts on Windows XP.  Font size is
> 0.60, offset is 2.00
>
> ~ andy.f
>

> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm starting preparations for a new beta release. It will have many
>> improvements in many areas and many bug fixes.
>>
>> So I'm calling people who are building from svn to give the current
>> svn version a try.
>>
>> I'm interested in feedback in respect to stability and CPU usage
>> (which in my personal tests has improved very significantly).
>> Also of great importance is helping make sure the new widget format is
>> working as it should in every respect (both importing files in the old
>> csd format, and in fully maintining fidelity of saved documents). I've
>> done my best effort to make sure everything is working, but I hope to
>> catch any remaining bugs during this beta phase.
>> I recommend you backup your csd files during this process, but fear
>> not, as QuteCsound will make an automatic backup file when it loads
>> any file in the old format.
>>
>> I'm also looking for feedback on the font appearance on different
>> platforms (particularly Windows which I can't test...). The new widget
>> format allows specifying a font size by number, which increases the
>> possibilities, but breaks fidelity somewhat with the old format. I've
>> put in two options for controlling font size called font scaling and
>> font offset. I've settled on scaling 0.8 and offset 2.0 on OS X
>> (tested on 10.6) and scaling of 0.8 and offset of 3.0 on Ubuntu.
>> Please let me know how these defaults treat the text in your files in
>> your platform. Ideally there should be no need to change the font
>> sizes of widgets, only the scaling and offset. I'm attaching a file
>> and a screenshot to compare how things look in Ubuntu (OS X for me
>> looks almost nearly equal).
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Andrés

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Preparing for beta release

andy fillebrown
The scope widget stopped working after updating from svn.  Also, using
a font-size of 1.0 with offset 0.0 makes the text in "Font size
test.csd" get cut off (see attached .png).

~ andy.f

Font test 0.6.2.0-WinXP--(size-1.0--offset-0.0).png (103K) Download Attachment

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Preparing for beta release

andy fillebrown
The tooltips for the new settings in configdialog.ui appear to have
been copied over from the fltk check-box.

~ andy.f

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 1:50 AM, andy fillebrown
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> The scope widget stopped working after updating from svn.  Also, using
> a font-size of 1.0 with offset 0.0 makes the text in "Font size
> test.csd" get cut off (see attached .png).
>
> ~ andy.f
>

> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thanks!
>>
>> I've come to realize it's better to have no offset and scaling of 1 as
>> default, and scale the fonts coming from old format files. So please
>> if you're using the svn version, please update your sources and make
>> sure you set the font offset to 0 and the font scaling to 1.0 as this
>> will be the default from now on. Also try to use fonts like Arial,
>> Courier and Times to ensure the appearance is the same on all
>> platforms.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Andrés
>>
>> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 7:56 PM, andy fillebrown
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Here's a screen-capture for the fonts on Windows XP.  Font size is
>>> 0.60, offset is 2.00
>>>
>>> ~ andy.f

>> --
>>

>> Andrés

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Preparing for beta release

Francois PINOT
Hello Andrés,

Qutecsound built from svn (619) on ubuntu 9.10

The scope widget doesn't keep it's last channel setting when the file is saved. Each time I reopen a csd file with a scope widget, the channel setting is set to None.

When I open qutecsound_ft.ts in Qt 4 Linguist, it seems there's nothing to translate (all the mark items are gray except one in the qutecsound section that is untiltled <context comment> and propose no phrase to translate. Moreover, if I choose Release from the file menu, I get a 72 bytes qutecsound_fr.qm file which doesn't work with qutecsound.

Regards

François

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Preparing for beta release

Thanks! Fixed.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> The scope widget stopped working after updating from svn.  Also, using
> a font-size of 1.0 with offset 0.0 makes the text in "Font size
> test.csd" get cut off (see attached .png).
>
> ~ andy.f
>

> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thanks!
>>
>> I've come to realize it's better to have no offset and scaling of 1 as
>> default, and scale the fonts coming from old format files. So please
>> if you're using the svn version, please update your sources and make
>> sure you set the font offset to 0 and the font scaling to 1.0 as this
>> will be the default from now on. Also try to use fonts like Arial,
>> Courier and Times to ensure the appearance is the same on all
>> platforms.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Andrés
>>
>> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 7:56 PM, andy fillebrown
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Here's a screen-capture for the fonts on Windows XP.  Font size is
>>> 0.60, offset is 2.00
>>>
>>> ~ andy.f

>> --
>>

>> Andrés