Quantcast

[Qutecsound-users] _Resume reserved channel?

[Qutecsound-users] _Resume reserved channel?

joachim-3
Hi Andrés -

the _Pause reserved channel works fine. It would be great if the
performance could be resumed at the same point it has been paused.

Is there a method for this in the Csound API? Could it be included in
QCS as _Resume or something like this? This would be very useful for
many applications, e.g. file playback.

Thanks -

Re: [Qutecsound-users] _Resume reserved channel?

Hi Joachim,

The "_Play" channel will resume a "_Paused" run.

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 7:29 PM, joachim heintz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Andrés -
>
> the _Pause reserved channel works fine. It would be great if the
> performance could be resumed at the same point it has been paused.
>
> Is there a method for this in the Csound API? Could it be included in
> QCS as _Resume or something like this? This would be very useful for
> many applications, e.g. file playback.
>
> Thanks -
>
>        joachim

Re: [Qutecsound-users] _Resume reserved channel?

joachim-3
Does it really work for you? When I do it, it starts always from the
beginning and not at the point where the pause has been activated.
Best -

        joachim

Am 06.07.2010 um 20:33 schrieb Andres Cabrera:

> Hi Joachim,
>
> The "_Play" channel will resume a "_Paused" run.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrés
>
> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 7:29 PM, joachim heintz <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> Hi Andrés -
>>
>> the _Pause reserved channel works fine. It would be great if the
>> performance could be resumed at the same point it has been paused.
>>
>> Is there a method for this in the Csound API? Could it be included in
>> QCS as _Resume or something like this? This would be very useful for
>> many applications, e.g. file playback.
>>
>> Thanks -
>>
>>        joachim

> Andrés

Re: [Qutecsound-users] _Resume reserved channel?

Yes... Can you try the attached file?

Boulanger-Trapped_in_Convert.csd (53K) Download Attachment

Re: [Qutecsound-users] _Resume reserved channel?

joachim-3
Thanks. I tried. That's what happens here:
When I push the "Play" button after the pause, it seems to continue
for a very short moment (maybe 1/5 second) at the point it stopped.
Then it starts again from the beginning.
This is with qcs 060b (_full and _incQt), osx 10.5.8, csound 5.12.4.
It's the same behaviour with qcs 050.
Can you try at any time on osx 10.6, to see whether it's an osx issue,
or just another strange behaviour on (my?) 10.5.8?
Ciao -

        joachim

Am 06.07.2010 um 22:29 schrieb Andres Cabrera:

> Hi,
>
> Yes... Can you try the attached file?
>
> Cheers,
> Andrés
>
> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 8:43 PM, joachim heintz <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> Does it really work for you? When I do it, it starts always from the
>> beginning and not at the point where the pause has been activated.
>> Best -
>>
>>        joachim
>>

>> Am 06.07.2010 um 20:33 schrieb Andres Cabrera:
>>
>>> Hi Joachim,
>>>
>>> The "_Play" channel will resume a "_Paused" run.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Andrés

>>> --
>>>

>>> Andrés

> Andrés
> <Boulanger-
> Trapped_in_Convert
> .csd

Re: [Qutecsound-users] _Resume reserved channel?

Hi Joachim,

Here on my Linux system, it works just fine. I can play and pause many
times and it will continue OK...
I will try later on OS X 10.6.There seems to be something very odd in
your system...

Can anyone else try on different systems for another opinion?

Cheers,
André

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 10:36 PM, joachim heintz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks. I tried. That's what happens here:
> When I push the "Play" button after the pause, it seems to continue
> for a very short moment (maybe 1/5 second) at the point it stopped.
> Then it starts again from the beginning.
> This is with qcs 060b (_full and _incQt), osx 10.5.8, csound 5.12.4.
> It's the same behaviour with qcs 050.
> Can you try at any time on osx 10.6, to see whether it's an osx issue,
> or just another strange behaviour on (my?) 10.5.8?
> Ciao -
>
>        joachim
>

> Am 06.07.2010 um 22:29 schrieb Andres Cabrera:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Yes... Can you try the attached file?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Andrés
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 8:43 PM, joachim heintz <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> Does it really work for you? When I do it, it starts always from the
>>> beginning and not at the point where the pause has been activated.
>>> Best -
>>>
>>>        joachim

>> --
>>

>> Andrés
>> <Boulanger-
>> Trapped_in_Convert
>> .csd

Re: [Qutecsound-users] _Resume reserved channel?

joachim-3
Hi Andrés -

I tried it here again in Bremen, on a Computer which I haven't
configured. Also 10.5.8, Csound 5.12.4, but the older QCS 0.5.0.
The behaviour is the same as I described. The _Play channel always
starts the performance from the beginning; not at the time a previous
_Pause has been activated.
My test file is attached.

Best -

        joachim

test.csd (855 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [Qutecsound-users] _Resume reserved channel?

Hi Joachim,

It's working fine on the 0.6 sources. Can you try 0.6 beta to see if
this is fixed?

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 7:26 PM, joachim heintz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Andrés -
>
> I tried it here again in Bremen, on a Computer which I haven't configured.
> Also 10.5.8, Csound 5.12.4, but the older QCS 0.5.0.
> The behaviour is the same as I described. The _Play channel always starts
> the performance from the beginning; not at the time a previous _Pause has
> been activated.
> My test file is attached.
>
> Best -
>
>        joachim
>

> Am 07.07.2010 um 08:57 schrieb Andres Cabrera:
>
>> Hi Joachim,
>>
>> Here on my Linux system, it works just fine. I can play and pause many
>> times and it will continue OK...
>> I will try later on OS X 10.6.There seems to be something very odd in
>> your system...
>>
>> Can anyone else try on different systems for another opinion?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> André
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 10:36 PM, joachim heintz <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks. I tried. That's what happens here:
>>> When I push the "Play" button after the pause, it seems to continue
>>> for a very short moment (maybe 1/5 second) at the point it stopped.
>>> Then it starts again from the beginning.
>>> This is with qcs 060b (_full and _incQt), osx 10.5.8, csound 5.12.4.
>>> It's the same behaviour with qcs 050.
>>> Can you try at any time on osx 10.6, to see whether it's an osx issue,
>>> or just another strange behaviour on (my?) 10.5.8?
>>> Ciao -
>>>
>>>       joachim

>> --
>>

>> Andrés

Re: [Qutecsound-users] _Resume reserved channel?

joachim-3
hi andrés -

i already tested it with 060b on osx 10.5.8, and had the results as
described below.
yesterday i just wanted to see if it's the same on another computer
with 10.5 and qcs 050 (instead of 060).
anyway, if it's working fine on linux and osx 10.6, it's not a general
issue, and i think we can't bring it out for now.

ciao -

        joachim

Am 08.07.2010 um 10:41 schrieb Andres Cabrera:

> Hi Joachim,
>
> It's working fine on the 0.6 sources. Can you try 0.6 beta to see if
> this is fixed?
>
> Cheers,
> Andrés
>
> On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 7:26 PM, joachim heintz <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> Hi Andrés -
>>
>> I tried it here again in Bremen, on a Computer which I haven't
>> configured.
>> Also 10.5.8, Csound 5.12.4, but the older QCS 0.5.0.
>> The behaviour is the same as I described. The _Play channel always
>> starts
>> the performance from the beginning; not at the time a previous
>> _Pause has
>> been activated.
>> My test file is attached.
>>
>> Best -
>>
>>        joachim
>>

>> Am 07.07.2010 um 08:57 schrieb Andres Cabrera:
>>
>>> Hi Joachim,
>>>
>>> Here on my Linux system, it works just fine. I can play and pause
>>> many
>>> times and it will continue OK...
>>> I will try later on OS X 10.6.There seems to be something very odd
>>> in
>>> your system...
>>>
>>> Can anyone else try on different systems for another opinion?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> André
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 10:36 PM, joachim heintz
>>> <[hidden email]>

>>> --
>>>

>>> Andrés

> Andrés

Re: [Qutecsound-users] _Resume reserved channel?

Hmm... strange...