Quantcast

[Qutecsound-users] Self built CsoundQt has no recording support?

[Qutecsound-users] Self built CsoundQt has no recording support?

Mei-Fang Liau
Hello,

I used QtCreator to build CsoundQt yesterday. However I have 3 issues with my build:

1. the icons for the top control panel disappear after restarting the program.

2. the audio clicks at the first note (if the first note plays after 1 second then there is no click), is it normal?

3. there is no recording support even though I've got libcsnd installed and have created a link:
sudo ln /usr/local/lib/libcsnd6.6.0.dylib /usr/local/lib/libcsnd6.dylib

I've uploaded a screenshot showing how my program looks like

If it's not possible to trouble shooting these issues. would it be possible to get a prebuild for max OS 10.11? The latest one on sourceforge (built in 2014) can't be loaded...

Thanks for your help in advance!
MF

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Self built CsoundQt has no recording support?

First- thanks for the pull request, Mei-Fang! I merged it to the main repo.

Johannes, MF - you are both building on OSX 10.11 and it appears to have problems that 10.10 does not have - perhaps you can share experience? I am not on OSX myself. It would be really great to get it working!

Some guesses below

On Friday 04 March 2016 19:39:03 Mei-Fang Liau wrote:

> Hello,

> I used QtCreator to build CsoundQt yesterday. However I have 3 issues with

> my build:

> 1. the icons for the top control panel disappear after restarting the

> program.

Very strange that they were found first time and not second. It can mean: (1) the images for icons are not found (2) the image viewing libraries don't work properly any more. Or maybe something strange has happened in configuration file but I don't believe it.

The images are in sources at src/themes/boring | fun. Please try:

1) see if there are any error messages in console (if you run from QtCreator, it is application output pane)

2) find were are the images in created application bundle (maybe they are not anywhere - might be that they are compiled into the binary... as much I remember about resource files)

3) reset the style in CsoundQt - Configure -> Theme and restart CsoundQt

Johannes wrote that he had problems that CsoundQt stopped with messages like "libJpeg.dylin not found in /usr/local/lib" - might be that El Capitan does something strange in that sense.... Hard to guess.

> 2. the audio clicks at the first note (if the first note plays after 1

> second then there is no click), is it normal?

Can you try different sound drivers? portaudio should be the most stable, coreaudio is known to have more problems. Does it happen also when you run in terminal? Or when you play the csd not in CsoundQt but from command line (Terminal)

$ csound -odac "yourfile.csd"

> 3. there is no recording support even though I've got libcsnd installed and

> have created a link:

> sudo ln /usr/local/lib/libcsnd6.6.0.dylib /usr/local/lib/libcsnd6.dylib

You probably did not build with record support. You need to set in the configuration CONFIG+=record_support or uncomment it in qcs.pro

Johannes told, building with that did not succeed on OSX 10.11

Thanks a lot for putting your time into it and help to get the build work!