[Qutecsound-users] Some headway on the app creator

[Qutecsound-users] Some headway on the app creator

Hello people who build from source,

I've just committed the first proof of concept for the upcoming app
generator. It only sort of works on Linux yet, but a good deal of the
work for the rest of the platforms is also done. If you are on linux
and build from source, give it a try and let me know it if works for
you. If you are on other platforms, you can also have a look at the
wizard, although no app will be created yet.

There are many things not implemented yet, but I thought it would be
good to get some early feedback.

Cheers,
Andres

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Some headway on the app creator

Rene Jopi
Hello Andres,

May be i miss something ?
On SourceForge the last change is 11days old (rev 933).
CsoundQt move? to Git ?

Regards
René

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Some headway on the app creator

You're right, sorry, the commit failed and I didn't realize... It's now there.

I also should've mentioned that you need to build QuteApp first, then
place it in src/res/linux, and if it's there, it will be bundled with
the CsoundQt binary.

Cheers,
Andres

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Some headway on the app creator

Rene Jopi
Hi,

I tried to compile CsoundQt rev934 (without QuteApp), I got the error:

src/pyqcsobject.cpp:536: error: ‘class CsoundEngine’ has no member named ‘registerProcessCallback’
make: *** [floats/obj/pyqcsobject.o] Error 1

Then try to compile QuteApp rev934, I got the linker error:

floats/obj/csoundengine.o: In function `CsoundEngine::csThread(void*)':
csoundengine.cpp:(.text+0x3c17): undefined reference to `PythonConsole::evaluate(QString, bool)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bin/QuteApp] Error 1

I'm on Ubuntu 10.04.

Cheers,
René

Hi,

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Some headway on the app creator

tarmoj
Hello,

Imanaged to build QuteApp well (just needed to add CONFIG+=build64 to the config options)

but building CsoundQt ended with the same error:

src/pyqcsobject.cpp:536: error: ‘class CsoundEngine’ has no member named
‘registerProcessCallback’

(I was building the doubles version)

openSuse 12.1, Qt 4.7.4

And when it will be up, what will the QuteApp do?

greetings,
tarmo

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Some headway on the app creator

Hi Rene,

Thanks for trying...

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Rene Jopi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to compile CsoundQt rev934 (without QuteApp), I got the error:
>
> src/pyqcsobject.cpp:536: error: ‘class CsoundEngine’ has no member named
> ‘registerProcessCallback’
> make: *** [floats/obj/pyqcsobject.o] Error 1

That function is there in the sources, I don't know why you are
getting that error... Can you clean your build and refresh your
sources?

> Then try to compile QuteApp rev934, I got the linker error:
>
> floats/obj/csoundengine.o: In function `CsoundEngine::csThread(void*)':
> csoundengine.cpp:(.text+0x3c17): undefined reference to
> `PythonConsole::evaluate(QString, bool)'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [bin/QuteApp] Error 1

Again, that function is there, you must have the remains of older builds.

Cheers,
Andres

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Some headway on the app creator

I did make clean but it does not make any difference ( I had used svn up qutecsound today before)
unfortunately no difference

I found that the member  registerProcessCallback of class CsoundEngine is declare in csoundengine.h
conditionally:

#ifdef QCS_PYTHONQT
    void registerProcessCallback(QString func, int skipPeriods);
    void setPythonConsole(PythonConsole *pc);
#endif

can it be that in somehow the QCS_PYTHONQT was not defined? I try to remove the condition and see if it makes sense.

tarmo

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Some headway on the app creator

Thanks for the report. I'll have another look.

The qpp generator will produce standalone applications which will
bundle the csd with all the needed binaries and libraries to run on
any system even if it doesn't have Csound or Qt installed. And the
plan is to make it completely cross-platform, so you will be able to
generate apps for windows, linux and OS X from any platform.

Right now, only a proof of concept (still with some work to do) is
working for linux.

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Some headway on the app creator

some progress:

I updated the sources from svn, built QuteApp,
last time I was stupid - I copied the whole QuteApp tree to src/res/linux , now I understood that only the binary should be copied, of course (QuteApp_d in my case)

I recompiled CSound Qute, creating QuteApp went smoothly, right libraries and QuteApp binary were copied to the source dir  and running the created .sh launcher, it started, shew a correct window of the CsoundQt widgets, but no sound.

I tried also with checking  "Autorun csound" and "Show run in the menu" but it made no difference.

Some output:
instrument.sh (QuteApp):
Object::connect: No such signal FileBEditor::textChanged()
Object::connect:  (sender name:   'FileBEditor')
WidgetLayout::setOuterGeometry 0 20 -1 -1
WidgetLayout::setOuterGeometry -1 -1 283 432
WidgetLayout::setOuterGeometry -1 -1 283 412

CsoundQt when creating the QuteApp:
QWizardPage::addField: Duplicate field 'autorun'
PluginsPage::updateOpcodeDir  ""
QWizard::setField: Couldn't write to property ''
QWizard::setField: No such field 'useCustomPaths'
QWizard::field: No such field 'platform'
PluginsPage::updateOpcodeDir  ""
QWizard::field: No such field 'platform'
PluginsPage::updateOpcodeDir  "/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64"
QWizard::field: No such field 'platform'
PluginsPage::updateOpcodeDir  "/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64"
QWizard::field: No such field 'platform'
PluginsPage::updateOpcodeDir  ""

greetings,
tarmo

11. detsember 2011 23:20 kirjutas Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]>:
Hi,

Another note. QuteApp now builds two different versions QuteApp_f and
QuteApp_d for floats and doubles, and you can place them in the
src/res/ folder and they will be bundled if they are there. The old
QuteApp will no longer be bundled. You need to rename it or rebuild
QuteApp.

Cheers,
Andres

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 8:45 PM, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Tarmo Johannes
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> make - no error messages
>> strange thing is that the qutecsound source directory was filled with
>> moc_*.cpp and *.ui and *.h files that were not removed. perhaps there is
>> something went wrong in my svn update.
>>
>  Everything looks right, so it's probably a case of having remains of
> old builds (the moc and ui header files). I think qmake on the command
> line will build in side the tree, so that's probably where it came
> from.
>
> When you do a clean build
>

>> ----------
>> running bin/CsoundQt-d-py :
>>
>> - no pythonqt panes
>> - creating a simple QuteApp:
>>
>> I checked Linux, precision "doubles"
>> in Advanced plane corrected the csound library dir (to /usr/local/lib) and
>> plugins dir  (/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64),
>>
>> looks like the plugins and othere libraries were copied to the new
>> sonaat/linux/ library properly,  but the QuteApp binary created to the lib
>> folder was 0 bytes and naturally it did not work.
>>

> What happens if you run QuteApp? (You should get an error message, but
> the application should run.) Maybe QuteApp was not created properly?
>
>> some output from command line:
>>
>> -----
>> QWizardPage::addField: Duplicate field 'autorun'
>> PluginsPage::updateOpcodeDir  ""
>> QWizard::field: No such field 'platform'
>> PluginsPage::updateOpcodeDir  ""
>> QWizard::field: No such field 'platform'
>> [and very many such fileds]
>> PluginsPage::updateOpcodeDir  "/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64"
>> QWizard::field: No such field 'useCustomPaths'
>> AppWizard::createLinuxApp
>> AppWizard::createLinuxApp deleted directory
>> createLinuxApp
>> "/home/tarmo/tarmo/csound/sonaat/sonaat/linux/lib/libcsound.so"
>> "/usr/local/lib/libcsound.so"
>> createLinuxApp
>> "/home/tarmo/tarmo/csound/sonaat/sonaat/linux/lib/libcsound.so.5.2"
>> "/usr/local/lib/libcsound.so.5.2"
>> [and very many similar filelds]
>> -----
>>
>> I hope it can turn out useful...
>
> Yes, it's very useful. I've already made some more changes, which from
> the messages above, it seems you haven't checked out yet.
>
> Cheers,
> Andres

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Some headway on the app creator

Hi Tarmo,

Now you are on track! I think autorun might not be finished, so you
have to start the sound in QuteApp from its menu. There are many
unfinished things so far, as this is just a proof of concept, but
testing is still appreciated!

Cheers,
Andres

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 12:48 PM, Tarmo Johannes
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> Andres
>>
>> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 8:45 PM, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi,

>> >  Everything looks right, so it's probably a case of having remains of
>> > old builds (the moc and ui header files). I think qmake on the command
>> > line will build in side the tree, so that's probably where it came
>> > from.
>> >
>> > When you do a clean build

>> > What happens if you run QuteApp? (You should get an error message, but
>> > the application should run.) Maybe QuteApp was not created properly?

>> > Yes, it's very useful. I've already made some more changes, which from
>> > the messages above, it seems you haven't checked out yet.
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Andres

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Some headway on the app creator

Hi Andres,

I compile again with fresh sources rev 936.
QuteApp compile is ok for float and double.
CsoudQt give the same error as previously (see Project MESSAGE below).

Note that if I remove the option pythonqt the compile becomes fine.
Using Create App generate the standalone app (have to test the app).

Hope this help.
Cheers
René

moi@Linux:~/qutecsound$ qmake qcs.pro     CONFIG-=debug CONFIG+=release CSOUND_SOURCE_TREE=/home/moi/csound5-f CONFIG+=pythonqt PYTHONQT_TREE_DIR=/home/moi/qutecsound/PythonQt2.0.1  CONFIG+=rtmidi
Project MESSAGE:
Project MESSAGE: Building CsoundQt for Unix-based system.
Project MESSAGE:
Project MESSAGE: Building CsoundQt for the single precision version of Csound.
Project MESSAGE: Building release version.
Project MESSAGE:
Project MESSAGE: CONFIG ...
Project MESSAGE: + lex
Project MESSAGE: + yacc
Project MESSAGE: + warn_on
Project MESSAGE: + uic
Project MESSAGE: + resources
Project MESSAGE: + qt
Project MESSAGE: + warn_on
Project MESSAGE: + release
Project MESSAGE: + incremental
Project MESSAGE: + link_prl
Project MESSAGE: + exceptions
Project MESSAGE: + no_mocdepend
Project MESSAGE: + release
Project MESSAGE: + qt_no_framework
Project MESSAGE: + release
Project MESSAGE: + pythonqt
Project MESSAGE: + rtmidi
Project MESSAGE: + build32
Project MESSAGE: + thread
Project MESSAGE:
Project MESSAGE: libsndfile include directory not specified.
Project MESSAGE: ... searching in /usr/include
Project MESSAGE: LIBSNDFILE_INCLUDE_DIR set to /usr/include
Project MESSAGE:
Project MESSAGE: libsndfile library directory not specified.
Project MESSAGE: ... searching in /usr/lib
Project MESSAGE: LIBSNDFILE_LIBRARY_DIR set to /usr/lib
Project MESSAGE:
Project MESSAGE: RtMidi include directory not specified.
Project MESSAGE: ... searching in rtmidi-1.0.15
Project MESSAGE: RTMIDI_DIR set to rtmidi-1.0.15
Project MESSAGE:
Project MESSAGE: Csound API include directory is /home/moi/csound5-f/H
Project MESSAGE: Csound interfaces include directory is
Project MESSAGE: Csound library directory is /home/moi/csound5-f
Project MESSAGE: libsndfile include directory is /usr/include
Project MESSAGE: libsndfile library directory is /usr/lib
Project MESSAGE: PythonQt source tree directory is /home/moi/qutecsound/PythonQt2.0.1
Project MESSAGE: RtMidi directory is rtmidi-1.0.15
Project MESSAGE:
Project MESSAGE: Bundling QuteApp_f
Project MESSAGE: Bundling QuteApp_d
moi@Linux:~/qutecsound$ make
g++ -c -pipe -I/usr/include/python2.6 -I/usr/include/python2.6 -O2 -D_REENTRANT -Wall -W -DQCS_RTMIDI -D__LINUX_ALSASEQ__ -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtXml -I/usr/include/qt4 -Irtmidi-1.0.15 -IPythonQt2.0.1/src -IPythonQt2.0.1/extensions/PythonQt_QtAll -IPythonQt2.0.1/src -IPythonQt2.0.1/extensions/PythonQt_QtAll -I../csound5-f/H -I/usr/include -I. -I. -o floats/obj/pyqcsobject.o src/pyqcsobject.cpp
src/pyqcsobject.cpp:377: warning: unused parameter ‘uuid’
src/pyqcsobject.cpp: In member function ‘float* PyQcsObject::getTableArray(int, int)’:
src/pyqcsobject.cpp:488: warning: unused variable ‘ret’
src/pyqcsobject.cpp: In member function ‘void PyQcsObject::registerProcessCallback(QString, int, int)’:
moi@Linux:~/qutecsound$

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]
>> Andres
>>
>> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 8:45 PM, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi,

>> >  Everything looks right, so it's probably a case of having remains of
>> > old builds (the moc and ui header files). I think qmake on the command
>> > line will build in side the tree, so that's probably where it came
>> > from.
>> >
>> > When you do a clean build

>> > What happens if you run QuteApp? (You should get an error message, but
>> > the application should run.) Maybe QuteApp was not created properly?

>> > Yes, it's very useful. I've already made some more changes, which from
>> > the messages above, it seems you haven't checked out yet.
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Andres

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Some headway on the app creator

Strange, I can't find any reason why this is happening, and I can't
reproduce it... Anyway, thanks for the report, I'll keep digging.

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 4:15 PM, Rene Jopi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> > WidgetLayout::setOuterGeometry -1 -1 283 432
>> > WidgetLayout::setOuterGeometry -1 -1 283 412
>> >
>> > CsoundQt when creating the QuteApp:
>> >
>> > QWizardPage::addField: Duplicate field 'autorun'
>> > PluginsPage::updateOpcodeDir  ""
>> > QWizard::setField: Couldn't write to property ''
>> > QWizard::setField: No such field 'useCustomPaths'
>> >
>> > QWizard::field: No such field 'platform'
>> > PluginsPage::updateOpcodeDir  ""
>> > QWizard::field: No such field 'platform'
>> > PluginsPage::updateOpcodeDir  "/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64"
>> > QWizard::field: No such field 'platform'
>> > PluginsPage::updateOpcodeDir  "/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64"
>> > QWizard::field: No such field 'platform'
>> > PluginsPage::updateOpcodeDir  ""
>> >
>> > greetings,
>> > tarmo
>> >

>> > 11. detsember 2011 23:20 kirjutas Andres Cabrera

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Some headway on the app creator

it must be something with the PythonQt option - I added it in in the config but no PythonQt extensions (console, scratchpad) were created.

I was able to build CsQt only if I commented out lines like #ifdef QCS_PYTHONQT

I guess that QCS_PYTHONQ does not get properly defined.
Some error in the configuration files?

tarmo

On Tuesday 13 December 2011 20:36:56 Andres Cabrera wrote:

> [...]
> > PyQcsObject::getTableArray(int, int)’:
> > src/pyqcsobject.cpp:488: warning: unused variable ‘ret’
> > src/pyqcsobject.cpp: In member function ‘void
> > PyQcsObject::registerProcessCallback(QString, int, int)’:
> > src/pyqcsobject.cpp:536: error: ‘class CsoundEngine’ has no member named
> > ‘registerProcessCallback’
> > make: *** [floats/obj/pyqcsobject.o] Error 1
> > moi@Linux:~/qutecsound$
> >

> > 2011/12/13 Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]>
> >>
> >> Hi Tarmo,
> >>
> >> Now you are on track! I think autorun might not be finished, so you
> >> have to start the sound in QuteApp from its menu. There are many
> >> unfinished things so far, as this is just a proof of concept, but
> >> testing is still appreciated!
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Andres

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Some headway on the app creator

I agree, in the above error message at g++ line (after make) the -DQCS_PYTHONQT is missing.
Adding it by hand in the make file turns everything ok.
Cheers,
René