Quantcast

[Qutecsound-users] Stability improvements

12

[Qutecsound-users] Stability improvements

Hi all,

I've made some important changes in the way the messages from Csound
are handled. I suspect this was the source of most of the random
instabilities and crashes happening, but I'd like to hear from people
that build from svn whether they notice the improvements.

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Stability improvements

Rene Jopi
Hi,

Working for me and "seems" faster, much less audio disturbance
when printing event messages on midi rt synth.

On last rev 974, I discover that if there is a label with 2 lines or more
in the widget panel, when I run csound, the panel don't show any widget
and CsoundQt freeze, no other choice than killing it.

Cheers,
René

Le 24 février 2012 15:01, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi all,

I've made some important changes in the way the messages from Csound
are handled. I suspect this was the source of most of the random
instabilities and crashes happening, but I'd like to hear from people
that build from svn whether they notice the improvements.

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Stability improvements

for me it works flawlessly with some csd-s but with some (that worked before) hangs with message:

home/tarmo/tarmo/csound/qt-examples/pluck.csd

QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.

(Parent is QTextDocument(0x7fe248002170), parent's thread is QThread(0x24442b0), current thread is QThread(0xbe7a40)

Csound tidy up: Segmentation fault

csoundDestroyThreadLock: : Success

csoundDestroyThreadLock: : Success

CsoundEngine::stopCsound() joined

messageListDispatcher quit 1

I have not found out what the logic is behind it. For example one that does not work is Examples/McCurdy Collection/3DAudio/hrtfer_hrtfmove_hrtfmove2_hrftstat.csd

Also I can confirm the problem with multiline label. The crash report is similar:

QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.

(Parent is QTextDocument(0x7fffdc0115e0), parent's thread is QThread(0x21fd620), current thread is QThread(0xbe7a40)

The problem seems to be happened in function:

QTextDocument::docHandle() const

in file libQtGui.so.4

When I remove the label, csd works again.

I don't know it it helps

Perhaps it has something to do with my build (although I cleaned the project and then rebuilt) or that I have an "ancient" Csound build - 5.14 built in December. I will rebuild csound, Csoundqt and will let know if that makes any difference.

tarmo

On Saturday 25 February 2012 11:11:55 Rene Jopi wrote:

> Hi,

> Working for me and "seems" faster, much less audio disturbance

> when printing event messages on midi rt synth.

> On last rev 974, I discover that if there is a label with 2 lines or more

> in the widget panel, when I run csound, the panel don't show any widget

> and CsoundQt freeze, no other choice than killing it.

> Cheers,

> René

> Le 24 février 2012 15:01, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> > Hi all,

> > I've made some important changes in the way the messages from Csound

> > are handled. I suspect this was the source of most of the random

> > instabilities and crashes happening, but I'd like to hear from people

> > that build from svn whether they notice the improvements.

> > Cheers,

> > Andrés

> > ------ Virtualization & Cloud Management Using Capacity Planning

> > Cloud computing makes use of virtualization - but cloud computing

> > also focuses on allowing computing to be delivered as a service.

> > http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfnl/114/51521223/

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Stability improvements

Tarmo Johannes
I rebuilt csound and csoundQt but unfortunately no change. I ran built
CsoundQt in debug mode, hardly it makes any difference.

tarmo

On Saturday 25 February 2012 15:33:58 Tarmo Johannes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> for me it works flawlessly with some csd-s but with some (that worked
> before) hangs with message:
>
> home/tarmo/tarmo/csound/qt-examples/pluck.csd
> QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a
> different thread.
> (Parent is QTextDocument(0x7fe248002170), parent's thread is
> QThread(0x24442b0), current thread is QThread(0xbe7a40)
> Csound tidy up: Segmentation fault
> csoundDestroyThreadLock: : Success
> csoundDestroyThreadLock: : Success
> CsoundEngine::stopCsound() joined
> messageListDispatcher quit 1
>
> I have not found out what the logic is behind it. For example one that does
> not work is  Examples/McCurdy
> Collection/3DAudio/hrtfer_hrtfmove_hrtfmove2_hrftstat.csd
>

> Also I can confirm the problem with multiline label. The crash report is
> similar:
>
> QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a
> different thread.
> (Parent is QTextDocument(0x7fffdc0115e0), parent's thread is
> QThread(0x21fd620), current thread is QThread(0xbe7a40)
>

> The problem seems to be happened in function:
> QTextDocument::docHandle() const
> in file libQtGui.so.4
>
> When I remove the label, csd works again.
> I don't know it it helps
>
> Perhaps it has something to do with my build (although I cleaned the project
> and then rebuilt) or that I have an "ancient" Csound build - 5.14 built in
> December. I will rebuild csound, Csoundqt and will let know if that makes
> any difference.
>
> tarmo
>
> On Saturday 25 February 2012 11:11:55 Rene Jopi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Working for me and "seems" faster, much less audio disturbance
> > when printing event messages on midi rt synth.
> >
> > On last rev 974, I discover that if there is a label with 2 lines or
> > more
> > in the widget panel, when I run csound, the panel don't show any widget
> > and CsoundQt freeze, no other choice than killing it.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > René
> >
> > Le 24 février 2012 15:01, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I've made some important changes in the way the messages from Csound
> > > are handled. I suspect this was the source of most of the random
> > > instabilities and crashes happening, but I'd like to hear from
> > > people
> > > that build from svn whether they notice the improvements.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Andrés

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Stability improvements

Rene Jopi
Also use a fresh  downloaded CsoundQt (rev 974) and csound 5.16.1.

Also create a fresh simple csd with only a multiline label. Same  bug.
All embedded examples with  multiline label(s), give same bug, ( B6_Hammond, etc...)

Cheers,
René

Le 25 février 2012 16:09, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> a écrit :
I rebuilt csound and csoundQt but unfortunately no change. I ran built
CsoundQt in debug mode, hardly it makes any difference.

tarmo

On Saturday 25 February 2012 15:33:58 Tarmo Johannes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for me it works flawlessly with some csd-s but with some (that worked
> before) hangs with message:
>
> home/tarmo/tarmo/csound/qt-examples/pluck.csd
> QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a
> different thread.
> (Parent is QTextDocument(0x7fe248002170), parent's thread is
> QThread(0x24442b0), current thread is QThread(0xbe7a40)
> Csound tidy up: Segmentation fault
> csoundDestroyThreadLock: : Success
> csoundDestroyThreadLock: : Success
> CsoundEngine::stopCsound() joined
> messageListDispatcher quit 1
>
> I have not found out what the logic is behind it. For example one that does
> not work is  Examples/McCurdy
> Collection/3DAudio/hrtfer_hrtfmove_hrtfmove2_hrftstat.csd
>

> Also I can confirm the problem with multiline label. The crash report is
> similar:
>
> QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a
> different thread.
> (Parent is QTextDocument(0x7fffdc0115e0), parent's thread is
> QThread(0x21fd620), current thread is QThread(0xbe7a40)
>

> The problem seems to be happened in function:
> QTextDocument::docHandle() const
> in file libQtGui.so.4
>
> When I remove the label, csd works again.
> I don't know it it helps
>
> Perhaps it has something to do with my build (although I cleaned the project
> and then rebuilt) or that I have an "ancient" Csound build - 5.14 built in
> December. I will rebuild csound, Csoundqt and will let know if that makes
> any difference.
>
> tarmo
>
> On Saturday 25 February 2012 11:11:55 Rene Jopi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Working for me and "seems" faster, much less audio disturbance
> > when printing event messages on midi rt synth.
> >
> > On last rev 974, I discover that if there is a label with 2 lines or
> > more
> > in the widget panel, when I run csound, the panel don't show any widget
> > and CsoundQt freeze, no other choice than killing it.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > René
> >
> > Le 24 février 2012 15:01, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I've made some important changes in the way the messages from Csound
> > > are handled. I suspect this was the source of most of the random
> > > instabilities and crashes happening, but I'd like to hear from
> > > people
> > > that build from svn whether they notice the improvements.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Andrés

label_test.csd (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Stability improvements

hi andrés, rené, tarmo -
unfortunately i am not so happy with the new version (ubuntu 11.04,
csound 5.16). i have a large .csd which now freezes or crashes when i
open the widget panel after starting. a smaller version showing the same
issue is attached. what i do:
1. start the csd
2. open the widget panel
3. the panel opens but shows nothing and
4. csoundqt freezes (in the system monitor shows about 80% cpu and is
recognized as "sleeping")
hope this helps in finding the problem.
best -
        joachim

Am 24.02.2012 15:01, schrieb Andres Cabrera:

> Hi all,
>
> I've made some important changes in the way the messages from Csound
> are handled. I suspect this was the source of most of the random
> instabilities and crashes happening, but I'd like to hear from people
> that build from svn whether they notice the improvements.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrés

problem.csd (77K) Download Attachment
110819_ftabs.txt (23K) Download Attachment

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Stability improvements

Thanks for the testing! Back to the drawing board...

2012/2/25 joachim heintz <[hidden email]>:

> hi andrés, rené, tarmo -
> unfortunately i am not so happy with the new version (ubuntu 11.04,
> csound 5.16). i have a large .csd which now freezes or crashes when i
> open the widget panel after starting. a smaller version showing the same
> issue is attached. what i do:
> 1. start the csd
> 2. open the widget panel
> 3. the panel opens but shows nothing and
> 4. csoundqt freezes (in the system monitor shows about 80% cpu and is
> recognized as "sleeping")
> hope this helps in finding the problem.
> best -
>        joachim
>

> Am 24.02.2012 15:01, schrieb Andres Cabrera:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've made some important changes in the way the messages from Csound
>> are handled. I suspect this was the source of most of the random
>> instabilities and crashes happening, but I'd like to hear from people
>> that build from svn whether they notice the improvements.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Andrés

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Stability improvements

Hi Tarmo,

I'm trying the HRTF example, and it seems to me its crashing because
it cant find hrtfcompact. It doesn't crash if I make sure the on/off
button is unlatched, and will crash when I push the button, so the
problem here is with Csound, not CsoundQt. Are you seeing the same in
your machine?

I can't replicate the error you are seeing, can you send me a file
that produces it?

I can't reproduce the problem with multiline labels... If I create an
empty file and then make a multiline label. It will crash, but this is
because of the new parser... Once I put an instrument there, it will
run fine... Can you provide an example that crashes for you?

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 1:33 PM, Tarmo Johannes
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> for me it works flawlessly with some csd-s but with some (that worked
> before) hangs with message:
>

> home/tarmo/tarmo/csound/qt-examples/pluck.csd
>
> QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
>
> (Parent is QTextDocument(0x7fe248002170), parent's thread is
> QThread(0x24442b0), current thread is QThread(0xbe7a40)
>
> Csound tidy up: Segmentation fault
>
> csoundDestroyThreadLock: : Success
>
> csoundDestroyThreadLock: : Success
>
> CsoundEngine::stopCsound() joined
>
> messageListDispatcher quit 1
>

> I have not found out what the logic is behind it. For example one that does
> not work is Examples/McCurdy
> Collection/3DAudio/hrtfer_hrtfmove_hrtfmove2_hrftstat.csd
>

> Also I can confirm the problem with multiline label. The crash report is
> similar:
>

> QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
>
> (Parent is QTextDocument(0x7fffdc0115e0), parent's thread is
> QThread(0x21fd620), current thread is QThread(0xbe7a40)
>

> The problem seems to be happened in function:
>
> QTextDocument::docHandle() const
>
> in file libQtGui.so.4
>

> When I remove the label, csd works again.
>
> I don't know it it helps
>

> Perhaps it has something to do with my build (although I cleaned the project
> and then rebuilt) or that I have an "ancient" Csound build - 5.14 built in
> December. I will rebuild csound, Csoundqt and will let know if that makes
> any difference.
>

> tarmo
>

> On Saturday 25 February 2012 11:11:55 Rene Jopi wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>

>> Working for me and "seems" faster, much less audio disturbance
>
>> when printing event messages on midi rt synth.
>

>> On last rev 974, I discover that if there is a label with 2 lines or more
>
>> in the widget panel, when I run csound, the panel don't show any widget
>
>> and CsoundQt freeze, no other choice than killing it.
>

>> Cheers,
>
>> René
>

>> Le 24 février 2012 15:01, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> > Hi all,
>

>> > I've made some important changes in the way the messages from Csound
>
>> > are handled. I suspect this was the source of most of the random
>
>> > instabilities and crashes happening, but I'd like to hear from people
>
>> > that build from svn whether they notice the improvements.
>

>> > Cheers,
>
>> > Andrés

>> > ------ Virtualization & Cloud Management Using Capacity Planning
>
>> > Cloud computing makes use of virtualization - but cloud computing
>
>> > also focuses on allowing computing to be delivered as a service.
>
>> > http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfnl/114/51521223/

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Stability improvements

Both B6_Hammond and the attached file are working OK for me...

Can you try rebuilding your sources to make sure it's not some old
stuff lying there?

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Rene Jopi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Also use a fresh  downloaded CsoundQt (rev 974) and csound 5.16.1.
>
> Also create a fresh simple csd with only a multiline label. Same  bug.
> All embedded examples with  multiline label(s), give same bug, ( B6_Hammond,
> etc...)
>
> Cheers,
> René
>

> Le 25 février 2012 16:09, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> a
> écrit :
>
>> I rebuilt csound and csoundQt but unfortunately no change. I ran built
>> CsoundQt in debug mode, hardly it makes any difference.
>>
>> tarmo
>>
>> On Saturday 25 February 2012 15:33:58 Tarmo Johannes wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > for me it works flawlessly with some csd-s but with some (that worked
>> > before) hangs with message:
>> >
>> > home/tarmo/tarmo/csound/qt-examples/pluck.csd
>> > QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a
>> > different thread.
>> > (Parent is QTextDocument(0x7fe248002170), parent's thread is
>> > QThread(0x24442b0), current thread is QThread(0xbe7a40)
>> > Csound tidy up: Segmentation fault
>> > csoundDestroyThreadLock: : Success
>> > csoundDestroyThreadLock: : Success
>> > CsoundEngine::stopCsound() joined
>> > messageListDispatcher quit 1
>> >
>> > I have not found out what the logic is behind it. For example one that
>> > does
>> > not work is  Examples/McCurdy
>> > Collection/3DAudio/hrtfer_hrtfmove_hrtfmove2_hrftstat.csd
>> >

>> > Also I can confirm the problem with multiline label. The crash report is
>> > similar:
>> >
>> > QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a
>> > different thread.
>> > (Parent is QTextDocument(0x7fffdc0115e0), parent's thread is
>> > QThread(0x21fd620), current thread is QThread(0xbe7a40)
>> >

>> > The problem seems to be happened in function:
>> > QTextDocument::docHandle() const
>> > in file libQtGui.so.4
>> >
>> > When I remove the label, csd works again.
>> > I don't know it it helps
>> >
>> > Perhaps it has something to do with my build (although I cleaned the
>> > project
>> > and then rebuilt) or that I have an "ancient" Csound build - 5.14 built
>> > in
>> > December. I will rebuild csound, Csoundqt and will let know if that
>> > makes
>> > any difference.
>> >
>> > tarmo

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Stability improvements

Hi Joachim,

I must say those dreaded words... works for me...

The file works fine and I hear sound when I press "vergliech"... I've
also changed invalue to chnget and got a huge performance
improvement...

Can you try cleaning your sources and rebuilding?

2012/2/25 joachim heintz <[hidden email]>:

> hi andrés, rené, tarmo -
> unfortunately i am not so happy with the new version (ubuntu 11.04,
> csound 5.16). i have a large .csd which now freezes or crashes when i
> open the widget panel after starting. a smaller version showing the same
> issue is attached. what i do:
> 1. start the csd
> 2. open the widget panel
> 3. the panel opens but shows nothing and
> 4. csoundqt freezes (in the system monitor shows about 80% cpu and is
> recognized as "sleeping")
> hope this helps in finding the problem.
> best -
>        joachim
>

> Am 24.02.2012 15:01, schrieb Andres Cabrera:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've made some important changes in the way the messages from Csound
>> are handled. I suspect this was the source of most of the random
>> instabilities and crashes happening, but I'd like to hear from people
>> that build from svn whether they notice the improvements.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Andrés

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Stability improvements

joachim-3
hi andrés -
i am happy to confirm this.
perhaps my problems were due to a somehow strange error which has to do
with the new parser, or with csoundqt's reaction. i get sometimes either
some strange error messages (like "can't read 0.1"), or csoundqt freezes
as i have described in my previous mail.
when i then revert to the old parser, it works.
and when i *then* go back to the new parser, it works, too.
thanks for the new version. i will test further and report if something
is not working for me.
cheers -
        joachim

Am 27.02.2012 22:38, schrieb Andres Cabrera:

> Hi Joachim,
>
> I must say those dreaded words... works for me...
>
> The file works fine and I hear sound when I press "vergliech"... I've
> also changed invalue to chnget and got a huge performance
> improvement...
>
> Can you try cleaning your sources and rebuilding?
>
> Cheers,
> Andrés
>
> 2012/2/25 joachim heintz <[hidden email]>:
>> hi andrés, rené, tarmo -
>> unfortunately i am not so happy with the new version (ubuntu 11.04,
>> csound 5.16). i have a large .csd which now freezes or crashes when i
>> open the widget panel after starting. a smaller version showing the same
>> issue is attached. what i do:
>> 1. start the csd
>> 2. open the widget panel
>> 3. the panel opens but shows nothing and
>> 4. csoundqt freezes (in the system monitor shows about 80% cpu and is
>> recognized as "sleeping")
>> hope this helps in finding the problem.
>> best -
>>        joachim
>>

>> Am 24.02.2012 15:01, schrieb Andres Cabrera:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I've made some important changes in the way the messages from Csound
>>> are handled. I suspect this was the source of most of the random
>>> instabilities and crashes happening, but I'd like to hear from people
>>> that build from svn whether they notice the improvements.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Andrés

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Stability improvements

tarmoj
Hello,

I built on another machine (similar system) and had no more problem with Ian McCurdties htref not with a csd with multiline label.

So it  have been a problem in my svn update or build in my laptop.

greetings,
tarmo

On Monday 27 February 2012 23:38:46 Andres Cabrera wrote:

> Hi Joachim,
>
> I must say those dreaded words... works for me...
>
> The file works fine and I hear sound when I press "vergliech"... I've
> also changed invalue to chnget and got a huge performance
> improvement...
>
> Can you try cleaning your sources and rebuilding?
>
> Cheers,
> Andrés
>
> 2012/2/25 joachim heintz <[hidden email]>:
> > hi andrés, rené, tarmo -
> > unfortunately i am not so happy with the new version (ubuntu 11.04,
> > csound 5.16). i have a large .csd which now freezes or crashes when i
> > open the widget panel after starting. a smaller version showing the same
> > issue is attached. what i do:
> > 1. start the csd
> > 2. open the widget panel
> > 3. the panel opens but shows nothing and
> > 4. csoundqt freezes (in the system monitor shows about 80% cpu and is
> > recognized as "sleeping")
> > hope this helps in finding the problem.
> > best -
> >        joachim
> >

> > Am 24.02.2012 15:01, schrieb Andres Cabrera:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I've made some important changes in the way the messages from Csound
> >> are handled. I suspect this was the source of most of the random
> >> instabilities and crashes happening, but I'd like to hear from people
> >> that build from svn whether they notice the improvements.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Andrés

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Stability improvements

hi andrés -

there is a different behaviour of the console in the new version. while
csound runs, it is not possible to scroll. did you notice?

by the way: can you make it possible to see the console as default, when
csoundqt opens? i think this should be the same as viewing the pd or max
window, and it's a bit confusing for beginners not to see any output
from csound when they run any csd.

i am working currently all days with the new version, and except this
funny bug with the new parser (which is now explained by francois pinot
on the main csound list), it runs very stable for me. congrats!

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 6:13 PM, joachim heintz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> hi andrés -
>
> there is a different behaviour of the console in the new version. while
> csound runs, it is not possible to scroll. did you notice?

I hadn't noticed. I'll check it out.

> by the way: can you make it possible to see the console as default, when
> csoundqt opens? i think this should be the same as viewing the pd or max
> window, and it's a bit confusing for beginners not to see any output
> from csound when they run any csd.

Yes, this is actually a bug with the console not keeping its previous
state. Will also keep in mind.

> i am working currently all days with the new version, and except this
> funny bug with the new parser (which is now explained by francois pinot
> on the main csound list), it runs very stable for me. congrats!

Great to hear. Please let me know if you find even a single crash
(that is not due to the new parser :)).

Cheers,
Andres

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Stability improvements

menno
Hi Andres,

this version of CsoundQt starts much faster and is more stable on my system.
I use Xubuntu, preempt kernel and Jack to run Csound.
The older versions of CsoundQt would nearly always crash right after the running of a csd, now i would say once in 6 times. And i cannot tell you why - sometimes an X run from Jack might be the cause of the crash, but most of the time i do not see why it should crash right after having run a csd.
What runs without crahing is when i use the Run in Terminal option.
Also, when i do something stupid like writing ridiculous code or faulty code that makes Csound crash, CsoundQt crashes along with it. Is there a way to prevent CsoundQt from crashing here?

This report is not very positive, i know and i'm sorry, but perhaps there are other users that use the combination of Jack and Csound/CsoundQt? Then it could lead to a solution?

regards,
Menno

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Stability improvements

Tarmo Johannes
Hello, Menno,

I remember your post about making stupid mistakes crashes from some time ago

>From the last time I found a test "stupid mistakes code" like

instr   1

        knewft metro kmetro 1
        outs a1, a1
        out asig, asig

endin

and it does not crash with me (with the last build) neither with old not new
parser. Perhaps its due to csound - 5.16 is much better with new parser.

I also sometimes encounter problems with jack - especially when jack is not
started beforehand (i.e. CsoundQt starts it  by itself) I have not figured out
the reason exactly, why it happens, it might be not a problem   csoundqt.

tervised,
tarmo

On Sunday 04 March 2012 04:21:48 menno wrote:

> Hi Andres,
>
> this version of CsoundQt starts much faster and is more stable on my system.
> I use Xubuntu, preempt kernel and Jack to run Csound.
> The older versions of CsoundQt would nearly always crash right after the
> running of a csd, now i would say once in 6 times. And i cannot tell you why
> - sometimes an X run from Jack might be the cause of the crash, but most of
> the time i do not see why it should crash right after having run a csd.
> What runs without crahing is when i use the Run in Terminal option. Also,
> when i do something stupid like writing ridiculous code or faulty code that
> makes Csound crash, CsoundQt crashes along with it. Is there a way to
> prevent CsoundQt from crashing here?
>
> This report is not very positive, i know and i'm sorry, but perhaps there
> are other users that use the combination of Jack and Csound/CsoundQt? Then
> it could lead to a solution?
>
> regards,
> Menno

> rovements-tp3772633p3797939.html Sent from the QuteCsound Users mailing
list

> archive at Nabble.com.

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Stability improvements

Rene Jopi
Hi,

Very happy...
I am using Csound git, Jack and CsoundQt rev 975.
Run faster than before if using chn opcodes, no crash.
RT polyphony increase, very good for CPU hungry instruments.

The only thing I have lost (as far I can see) is the light on latched button.
Cheers,
René

Le 4 mars 2012 14:15, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hello, Menno,

I remember your post about making stupid mistakes crashes from some time ago

>From the last time I found a test "stupid mistakes code" like

instr   1

       knewft metro kmetro 1
       outs a1, a1
       out asig, asig

endin

and it does not crash with me (with the last build) neither with old not new
parser. Perhaps its due to csound - 5.16 is much better with new parser.

I also sometimes encounter problems with jack - especially when jack is not
started beforehand (i.e. CsoundQt starts it  by itself) I have not figured out
the reason exactly, why it happens, it might be not a problem   csoundqt.

tervised,
tarmo

On Sunday 04 March 2012 04:21:48 menno wrote:
> Hi Andres,
>
> this version of CsoundQt starts much faster and is more stable on my system.
> I use Xubuntu, preempt kernel and Jack to run Csound.
> The older versions of CsoundQt would nearly always crash right after the
> running of a csd, now i would say once in 6 times. And i cannot tell you why
> - sometimes an X run from Jack might be the cause of the crash, but most of
> the time i do not see why it should crash right after having run a csd.
> What runs without crahing is when i use the Run in Terminal option. Also,
> when i do something stupid like writing ridiculous code or faulty code that
> makes Csound crash, CsoundQt crashes along with it. Is there a way to
> prevent CsoundQt from crashing here?
>
> This report is not very positive, i know and i'm sorry, but perhaps there
> are other users that use the combination of Jack and Csound/CsoundQt? Then
> it could lead to a solution?
>
> regards,
> Menno

> rovements-tp3772633p3797939.html Sent from the QuteCsound Users mailing
list
> archive at Nabble.com.

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Stability improvements

not completely sure, but I think, how latched button looks, depends on Qt, not
CsoundQt. Have you updated your Qt or KDE lately? (I don't have the green
latched button  light too, that I used to have in a older system. It was nice,
I agree).

greetings,
tarmo

On Sunday 04 March 2012 19:25:26 Rene Jopi wrote:

> [...]
> > > faulty code>
> > that
> >
> > > makes Csound crash, CsoundQt crashes along with it. Is there a way
> > > prevent CsoundQt from crashing here?
> > >
> > > This report is not very positive, i know and i'm sorry, but perhaps
> > > there are other users that use the combination of Jack and
> > > Csound/CsoundQt?>
> > Then
> >
> > > it could lead to a solution?
> > >
> > > regards,
> > > Menno
> > >

> > > --

> > http://qutecsound-users.829572.n3.nabble.com/Qutecsound-users-Stability-
> > imp>
> > > rovements-tp3772633p3797939.html Sent from the QuteCsound Users
> > > mailing
> >
> > list
> >
> > > archive at Nabble.com.

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Stability improvements

I apply safety updates from ubuntu canonical, not sure for Qt.
My version is 4.6.2-0ubuntu5.3.

No problem, I will "make" it using a controller (same as in Riley_in C in CsoundQt music examples)
Thanks for your answer,
Cheers,
René

Hi,