Quantcast

[Qutecsound-users] Table editor in CsoundQt

[Qutecsound-users] Table editor in CsoundQt

Tarmo Johannes-2
Hi,

I am glad to let know that I implemented a long-waited graphical table editor to CsoundQt.

It works currently only with ftgen syntax and GEN7 (straight lines), needs more work but is ready for testing.

It can be invoked from menu View->Show table editor or with default keyboard shortcut Ctrl-+Shift+T (you may need to update your keyboard shortcuts via Edit menu or set them to default, if you don't see the shortcut displayed in the menu).

The nicest thing is that you can select a ftgen definition in you code like

giTable1 ftgen 0,0,1024, 7, 0, 421, 1, 603, 0

press Ctrl-Shift-T and start editing the table.

When you click on "Insert to CsoundQt" on the editor, the new syntax gets inserted to main editor in the place of selected text.

Or you can open the tabe editor and start from scratch. The the definition will be inserted in the position of your cursor.

You can also change edit the text in the "Syntax" field in the editor, press "Update" and you will see the changes on the graph.

It is written using QML, thus you need at least Qt 5.3 to use it.

Please give a try!

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Table editor in CsoundQt

joachim-3
nice!

yes it works for me (debian).  is it possible to insert new breakpoints?
  i tried click, shift-click, control-click, right-click — perhaps not
yet implemented.

inserting the new code works as expected.

i'd find it most useful for editing GEN02 tables.

cheers -
        joachim

On 31/10/16 00:39, Tarmo Johannes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am glad to let know that I implemented a long-waited graphical table
> editor to CsoundQt.
>
> It works currently only with ftgen syntax and GEN7 (straight lines), needs
> more work but is ready for testing.
>
> It can be invoked from menu View->Show table editor or with default
> keyboard shortcut Ctrl-+Shift+T (you may need to update your keyboard
> shortcuts via Edit menu or set them to default, if you don't see the
> shortcut displayed in the menu).
>
> The nicest thing is that you can select a ftgen definition in you code like
>
> giTable1 ftgen 0,0,1024, 7, 0, 421, 1, 603, 0
>
> press Ctrl-Shift-T and start editing the table.
>
> When you click on "Insert to CsoundQt" on the editor, the new syntax gets
> inserted to main editor in the place of selected text.
>
> Or you can open the tabe editor and start from scratch. The the definition
> will be inserted in the position of your cursor.
>

> You can also change edit the text in the "Syntax" field in the editor,
> press "Update" and you will see the changes on the graph.
>

> It is written using QML, thus you need at least Qt 5.3 to use it.
>

> Please give a try!
>

> tarmo

[Qutecsound-users] Version of Csound does not get displayed

Jan Jacob Hofmann
Dear Tarmo,

last week I compiled Csound and CsoundQt also on my 32 bit MacPro on Ubuntu 14.04. The output from the "hello world".csd in CsoundQt is different to my version on my 64bit lenovo thinkpad though, as the version of Csound does not get displayed, see:

STARTING FILE

Creating options

Creating orchestra

Creating score

rtaudio: pulseaudio module enabled

rtmidi: ALSA Raw MIDI module enabled

Elapsed time at end of orchestra compile: real: 0.003s, CPU: 0.003s

sorting score ...

... done

Elapsed time at end of score sort: real: 0.003s, CPU: 0.003s

0dBFS level = 32768.0

orch now loaded

audio buffered in 512 sample-frame blocks

PulseAudio input server: default

reading 1024-byte blks of shorts from adc (RAW)

PulseAudio output server: default

pulseaudio output open

writing 512 sample blks of 64-bit floats to dac

SECTION 1:

new alloc for instr 123:

Hello World!

B 0.000 .. 1.000 T 1.000 TT 1.000 M: 8192.0

Score finished in csoundPerformKsmps().

inactive allocs returned to freespace

end of score. overall amps: 8192.0

overall samples out of range: 0

0 errors in performance

Elapsed time at end of performance: real: 1.279s, CPU: 0.033s

87 512 sample blks of 64-bit floats written to dac

The Csound version installed is:

--Csound version 6.08 (double samples) Oct 27 2016 [commit: 2bd0973bcb45c0ee14b7e8e1ef604c5532852c7c] libsndfile-1.0.25

Best,

Jan Jacob

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Table editor in CsoundQt

Tarmo Johannes-2
Hi, thanks!

For iserting new point use double-click.
By the way, there is a Help button that tells you it in the first row :)
And Rory, yes, I will make a video after some more work and testing.

Joachim - how do you edit GEN02 (numbers) tables with it?

nice!

yes it works for me (debian).  is it possible to insert new breakpoints?
  i tried click, shift-click, control-click, right-click — perhaps not
yet implemented.

inserting the new code works as expected.

i'd find it most useful for editing GEN02 tables.

cheers -
        joachim

On 31/10/16 00:39, Tarmo Johannes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am glad to let know that I implemented a long-waited graphical table
> editor to CsoundQt.
>
> It works currently only with ftgen syntax and GEN7 (straight lines), needs
> more work but is ready for testing.
>
> It can be invoked from menu View->Show table editor or with default
> keyboard shortcut Ctrl-+Shift+T (you may need to update your keyboard
> shortcuts via Edit menu or set them to default, if you don't see the
> shortcut displayed in the menu).
>
> The nicest thing is that you can select a ftgen definition in you code like
>
> giTable1 ftgen 0,0,1024, 7, 0, 421, 1, 603, 0
>
> press Ctrl-Shift-T and start editing the table.
>
> When you click on "Insert to CsoundQt" on the editor, the new syntax gets
> inserted to main editor in the place of selected text.
>
> Or you can open the tabe editor and start from scratch. The the definition
> will be inserted in the position of your cursor.
>

> You can also change edit the text in the "Syntax" field in the editor,
> press "Update" and you will see the changes on the graph.
>

> It is written using QML, thus you need at least Qt 5.3 to use it.
>

> Please give a try!
>

> tarmo

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Version of Csound does not get displayed

Tarmo Johannes-2

 it is hard to tell what the reason is but does it create any problem? Is there difference in behaviour?
You can check for Csound version also in CsoundQt Help->About menu.

[...]

ahh — excellent!

i am honored that you consider myself as so intelligent that i not only
discover a help button but also click on it to get some — help ...

this time i failed.  but indeed: double clicking works, as well as
removing points by right-click.

as to GEN02: i don't edit them with your tool.  i only wished i could.

so this might be understood as an additional motivation to continue
development =)

        joachim

On 31/10/16 12:44, Tarmo Johannes wrote:

> Hi, thanks!
>
> For iserting new point use double-click.
> By the way, there is a Help button that tells you it in the first row :)
> And Rory, yes, I will make a video after some more work and testing.
>
> Joachim - how do you edit GEN02 (numbers) tables with it?
>
> tarmo

>> nice!
>>
>> yes it works for me (debian).  is it possible to insert new breakpoints?
>>   i tried click, shift-click, control-click, right-click — perhaps not
>> yet implemented.
>>
>> inserting the new code works as expected.
>>
>> i'd find it most useful for editing GEN02 tables.
>>
>> cheers -
>>         joachim
>>

>> On 31/10/16 00:39, Tarmo Johannes wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am glad to let know that I implemented a long-waited graphical table
>>> editor to CsoundQt.
>>>
>>> It works currently only with ftgen syntax and GEN7 (straight lines),
>> needs
>>> more work but is ready for testing.
>>>
>>> It can be invoked from menu View->Show table editor or with default
>>> keyboard shortcut Ctrl-+Shift+T (you may need to update your keyboard
>>> shortcuts via Edit menu or set them to default, if you don't see the
>>> shortcut displayed in the menu).
>>>
>>> The nicest thing is that you can select a ftgen definition in you code
>> like
>>>
>>> giTable1 ftgen 0,0,1024, 7, 0, 421, 1, 603, 0
>>>
>>> press Ctrl-Shift-T and start editing the table.
>>>
>>> When you click on "Insert to CsoundQt" on the editor, the new syntax gets
>>> inserted to main editor in the place of selected text.
>>>
>>> Or you can open the tabe editor and start from scratch. The the
>> definition
>>> will be inserted in the position of your cursor.
>>>

>>> You can also change edit the text in the "Syntax" field in the editor,
>>> press "Update" and you will see the changes on the graph.
>>>

>>> It is written using QML, thus you need at least Qt 5.3 to use it.
>>>

>>> Please give a try!
>>>

>>> tarmo

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Version of Csound does not get displayed

Jan Jacob Hofmann

Dear Tarmo,

as far as I can see, Csound runs fine and no problem is created, although the version is not displayed. I just thought I'd better mention it as it might have indicated right away that I missed something in building my Csound. But I do agree, if Csound runs fine, this is a minor problem.

All the best,

Jan Jacob

Am 31.10.2016 um 12:47 schrieb Tarmo Johannes:
Hi,

[...]

sound      |      movement       |       object      |      space
sonic architecture     |      site: http://www.sonicarchitecture.de
spatial electronic composition    |    higher order ambisonic music