[Qutecsound-users] Very recent Csound breaks building CsoundQt

[Qutecsound-users] Very recent Csound breaks building CsoundQt

As Joachim notices, some recent changes (on 29.09.16) in Csound sources break building CsoundQt.

If you build Csound yourself from git in develop branch, you should avoid updating Csound to the newest state until we will sort a solution out. If you have Csound sources newer that 2016-09-29 and you want to build CsoundQt, go back some commits:

go to the source directory of Csound and run:

git reset --hard 5d10796c6af8b9703
d9f4ad27464d174a01194f8

make && sudo make install

Best!

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Very recent Csound breaks building CsoundQt

Tarmo Johannes-2
Hi,

OK it is fixed now, and CsoundQt should build with both "old" and "new" Csound sources.

Please give a try!

As Joachim notices, some recent changes (on 29.09.16) in Csound sources break building CsoundQt.

If you build Csound yourself from git in develop branch, you should avoid updating Csound to the newest state until we will sort a solution out. If you have Csound sources newer that 2016-09-29 and you want to build CsoundQt, go back some commits:

go to the source directory of Csound and run:

git reset --hard 5d10796c6af8b9703
d9f4ad27464d174a01194f8

make && sudo make install

Best!

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Very recent Csound breaks building CsoundQt

joachim-3
hi tarmo -

not yet working for me:

src/configlists.cpp: In member function 'QStringList
ConfigLists::runCsoundInternally(QStringList)':
src/configlists.cpp:719:46: error: invalid conversion from 'char**' to
'const char**' [-fpermissive]
   int result = csoundCompile(csoundD,argc,argv);
                                               ^
In file included from src/configlists.cpp:31:0:
/usr/local/include/csound/csound.h:690:16: note:   initializing argument
3 of 'int csoundCompile(CSOUND*, int, const char**)'
      PUBLIC int csoundCompile(CSOUND *, int argc, const char **argv);
                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
Makefile:16783: recipe for target 'build/doubles/obj/configlists.o' failed
make: *** [build/doubles/obj/configlists.o] Error 1

best -
        joachim

On 24/10/16 21:05, Tarmo Johannes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> OK it is fixed now, and CsoundQt should build with both "old" and "new"
> Csound sources.
>
> Please give a try!
>
> tarmo

>> Hi,
>>

>> As Joachim notices, some recent changes (on 29.09.16) in Csound sources
>> break building CsoundQt.
>>

>> If you build Csound yourself from git in develop branch, you should avoid
>> updating Csound to the newest state until we will sort a solution out. If
>> you have Csound sources newer that 2016-09-29 and you want to build
>> CsoundQt, go back some commits:
>>

>> go to the source directory of Csound and run:
>>

>> git reset --hard 5d10796c6af8b9703
>> d9f4ad27464d174a01194f8
>>
>> make && sudo make install
>>

>> Best!
>>
>> tarmo

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Very recent Csound breaks building CsoundQt

Tarmo Johannes
Hm,

works here and looks correct. Maybe some git update problem? Could you check if the beginning of the fucntion looks:

QStringList ConfigLists::runCsoundInternally(QStringList flags)
{
#if CS_APIVERSION>=4
const char *argv[33];
#else
char *argv[33];
#endif

Also to check, go with the cursor to the variable argv in line 719

int result = csoundCompile(csoundD,argc,argv);

And QtCreator should show, "const *char[]" for the type.

Also check what CS_APIVERSION show for you if you put the cursor on it. (should be 4, if it shows 3, please update Csound sources).

Hope it helps!

hi tarmo -

not yet working for me:

src/configlists.cpp: In member function 'QStringList
ConfigLists::runCsoundInternally(QStringList)':
src/configlists.cpp:719:46: error: invalid conversion from 'char**' to
'const char**' [-fpermissive]
   int result = csoundCompile(csoundD,argc,argv);
                                               ^
In file included from src/configlists.cpp:31:0:
/usr/local/include/csound/csound.h:690:16: note:   initializing argument
3 of 'int csoundCompile(CSOUND*, int, const char**)'
      PUBLIC int csoundCompile(CSOUND *, int argc, const char **argv);
                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
Makefile:16783: recipe for target 'build/doubles/obj/configlists.o' failed
make: *** [build/doubles/obj/configlists.o] Error 1

best -
        joachim

On 24/10/16 21:05, Tarmo Johannes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> OK it is fixed now, and CsoundQt should build with both "old" and "new"
> Csound sources.
>
> Please give a try!
>
> tarmo

>> Hi,
>>

>> As Joachim notices, some recent changes (on 29.09.16) in Csound sources
>> break building CsoundQt.
>>

>> If you build Csound yourself from git in develop branch, you should avoid
>> updating Csound to the newest state until we will sort a solution out. If
>> you have Csound sources newer that 2016-09-29 and you want to build
>> CsoundQt, go back some commits:
>>

>> go to the source directory of Csound and run:
>>

>> git reset --hard 5d10796c6af8b9703
>> d9f4ad27464d174a01194f8
>>
>> make && sudo make install
>>

>> Best!
>>
>> tarmo

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Very recent Csound breaks building CsoundQt

joachim-3
yes it works now.  i replied to the other (csoundqt developer) list, and
my previous email should have gone there, too, as it is not a user problem.

best -
        joachim

On 25/10/16 11:16, Tarmo Johannes wrote:

> Hm,
>
> works here and looks correct. Maybe some git update problem? Could you
> check if the beginning of the fucntion looks:
>
> QStringList ConfigLists::runCsoundInternally(QStringList flags)
> {
> #if CS_APIVERSION>=4
> const char *argv[33];
> #else
> char *argv[33];
> #endif
>

> Also to check, go with the cursor to the variable argv in line 719
>
> int result = csoundCompile(csoundD,argc,argv);
>
> And QtCreator should show, "const *char[]" for the type.
>
> Also check what CS_APIVERSION show for you if you put the cursor on it.
> (should be 4, if it shows 3, please update Csound sources).
>
> Hope it helps!
>
> tarmo

>> hi tarmo -
>>
>> not yet working for me:
>>
>> src/configlists.cpp: In member function 'QStringList
>> ConfigLists::runCsoundInternally(QStringList)':
>> src/configlists.cpp:719:46: error: invalid conversion from 'char**' to
>> 'const char**' [-fpermissive]
>>    int result = csoundCompile(csoundD,argc,argv);
>>                                                ^
>> In file included from src/configlists.cpp:31:0:
>> /usr/local/include/csound/csound.h:690:16: note:   initializing argument
>> 3 of 'int csoundCompile(CSOUND*, int, const char**)'
>>       PUBLIC int csoundCompile(CSOUND *, int argc, const char **argv);
>>                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Makefile:16783: recipe for target 'build/doubles/obj/configlists.o' failed
>> make: *** [build/doubles/obj/configlists.o] Error 1
>>
>> best -
>>         joachim
>>

>> On 24/10/16 21:05, Tarmo Johannes wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> OK it is fixed now, and CsoundQt should build with both "old" and "new"
>>> Csound sources.
>>>
>>> Please give a try!
>>>
>>> tarmo

>>> :

>> avoid
>> If

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Very recent Csound breaks building CsoundQt

Jan Jacob Hofmann
Dear Tarmo,

also I can confirm, that it works now. I yesterday built Csound and
CsoundQt from the sources on my older 32 bit computer (MacPro) on Ubuntu
14.04.

All the best,

Jan Jacob

Am 25.10.2016 um 16:39 schrieb joachim heintz:

> yes it works now.  i replied to the other (csoundqt developer) list, and
> my previous email should have gone there, too, as it is not a user problem.
>
> best -
> joachim
>

> On 25/10/16 11:16, Tarmo Johannes wrote:
>> Hm,
>>
>> works here and looks correct. Maybe some git update problem? Could you
>> check if the beginning of the fucntion looks:
>>
>> QStringList ConfigLists::runCsoundInternally(QStringList flags)
>> {
>> #if CS_APIVERSION>=4
>> const char *argv[33];
>> #else
>> char *argv[33];
>> #endif
>>

>> Also to check, go with the cursor to the variable argv in line 719
>>
>> int result = csoundCompile(csoundD,argc,argv);
>>
>> And QtCreator should show, "const *char[]" for the type.
>>
>> Also check what CS_APIVERSION show for you if you put the cursor on it.
>> (should be 4, if it shows 3, please update Csound sources).
>>
>> Hope it helps!
>>
>> tarmo

>>> hi tarmo -
>>>
>>> not yet working for me:
>>>
>>> src/configlists.cpp: In member function 'QStringList
>>> ConfigLists::runCsoundInternally(QStringList)':
>>> src/configlists.cpp:719:46: error: invalid conversion from 'char**' to
>>> 'const char**' [-fpermissive]
>>>     int result = csoundCompile(csoundD,argc,argv);
>>>                                                 ^
>>> In file included from src/configlists.cpp:31:0:
>>> /usr/local/include/csound/csound.h:690:16: note:   initializing argument
>>> 3 of 'int csoundCompile(CSOUND*, int, const char**)'
>>>        PUBLIC int csoundCompile(CSOUND *, int argc, const char **argv);
>>> Makefile:16783: recipe for target 'build/doubles/obj/configlists.o' failed
>>> make: *** [build/doubles/obj/configlists.o] Error 1
>>>
>>> best -
>>>          joachim

>>> avoid
>>> If

sound      |      movement       |       object      |      space
sonic architecture     |      site: http://www.sonicarchitecture.de
spatial electronic composition    |    higher order ambisonic music