[Qutecsound-users] beta release

Louis Cohen-3
Hello, QTCS users,

I have been out of town for several days and missed all of the "beta
test" posts until now. I would be happy to be part of the beta test,
but I cannot build from sources -- I have never done this and wouldn't
even know how to begin.

However, if a binary is available for OSX 10.5.8 I would very much
like to try it out and report. I recommend that any beta test should
include users like me who provide a more naive point of view than
those who are proficient in building from sources.

 From a selfish point of view, I feel that my participation in the
beta test would increase chances that aspects of QTCS's behavior that
affect my usage would work as I need them to in the upcoming release,
rather than in a release several months from now.

best,
Lou Cohen

Re: [Qutecsound-users] beta release

Hi Lou,

I want to make a beta binary release soon, but this first phase is to get rid of the really nasty bugs... (some which have already been reported and fixed...)
After most of these are solved, I want to make a binary beta release, to get wider testing before a proper release, so you will get your say then =)

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Louis Cohen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello, QTCS users,

I have been out of town for several days and missed all of the "beta
test" posts until now. I would be happy to be part of the beta test,
but I cannot build from sources -- I have never done this and wouldn't
even know how to begin.

However, if a binary is available for OSX 10.5.8 I would very much
like to try it out and report. I recommend that any beta test should
include users like me who provide a more naive point of view than
those who are proficient in building from sources.

 From a selfish point of view, I feel that my participation in the
beta test would increase chances that aspects of QTCS's behavior that
affect my usage would work as I need them to in the upcoming release,
rather than in a release several months from now.

best,
Lou Cohen

Re: [Qutecsound-users] beta release

Felipe Sateler
On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 08:48, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Lou,
>
> I want to make a beta binary release soon, but this first phase is to get
> rid of the really nasty bugs... (some which have already been reported and
> fixed...)
> After most of these are solved, I want to make a binary beta release, to get
> wider testing before a proper release, so you will get your say then =)

That's called alpha testing :p

--

Saludos,
Felipe Sateler

Re: [Qutecsound-users] beta release

Yes... it's the alpha testing before the beta testing right now....