[Qutecsound-users] building QtCsound from source

[Qutecsound-users] building QtCsound from source

Kurt Kuschinski
Hello,

i struggle with some of the bugs in the 0.7-alpha Version. They are
solved in the svn. I do not have the skills to build QtCsound
fromsourcecode so it would be great if someone could help me with
this. I downloaded and installed QT SDK, but from there on i have no
idea what i am supposed to do *blush*

greetings, Kurt

Re: [Qutecsound-users] building QtCsound from source

First you have to open the build project sales qcs.pro in QtCreator,
there the build and run buttons should then work. Let us know I'd you
ned any help.

Cheers,
Andres

Re: [Qutecsound-users] building QtCsound from source

tarmoj

I have posted my experiences with my first building to http://qutecsound-
users.829572.n3.nabble.com/QC-and-suse11-3-issue-td995724.html

perhaps it turns useful!

tarmo

On Sunday 08 April 2012 22:50:37 Kurt Kuschinski wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i struggle with some of the bugs in the 0.7-alpha Version. They are
> solved in the svn. I do not have the skills to build QtCsound
> fromsourcecode so it would be great if someone could help me with
> this. I downloaded and installed QT SDK, but from there on i have no
> idea what i am supposed to do *blush*
>
> greetings, Kurt

Re: [Qutecsound-users] building QtCsound from source

Kurt Kuschinski
Hello

I downloaded the source via the "download GNU tarball" link in the svn
thing ... was that right?

When opening the qcs-win32.pro und hit "build" it says: "A Valid
Csound API include directory was not found."

in the file there is the line:
DEFAULT_CSOUND_API_INCLUDE_DIRS = "$$(PROGRAMFILES)\\Csound\\include"
(there are some other pathes to define)

i think i have to put a path to my csound\include folder, right? It is
"D:\csound\include", but i am not sure how to write this in the code.
Tried it severel ways without success.

Greetings, Kurt

Re: [Qutecsound-users] building QtCsound from source

Kurt Kuschinski
DEFAULT_CSOUND_API_INCLUDE_DIRS = "$$(PROGRAMFILES)\\Csound\\include"

Ok... wrote DEFAULT_CSOUND_API_INCLUDE_DIRS = D:/Csound/include

That works, the next message was
"A valid Csound library directory was no tfound"

but

DEFAULT_CSOUND_LIBRARY_DIRS = D:/Csound/bin

does not work.

Greetings Kurt

Re: [Qutecsound-users] building QtCsound from source

Kurt Kuschinski
Mhh, nobody any idea?

Am 9. April 2012 16:58 schrieb Kurt Kuschinski <[hidden email]>:

> DEFAULT_CSOUND_API_INCLUDE_DIRS = "$$(PROGRAMFILES)\\Csound\\include"
>
> Ok... wrote DEFAULT_CSOUND_API_INCLUDE_DIRS = D:/Csound/include
>
> That works, the next message was
> "A valid Csound library directory was no tfound"
>
> but
>
> DEFAULT_CSOUND_LIBRARY_DIRS = D:/Csound/bin
>
> does not work.
>
> Greetings Kurt

Re: [Qutecsound-users] building QtCsound from source

Sorry, I was thinking it might be a Windows issue, but now I realise
it's probably because CsoundQt tries to build for floats, but the
windows installer is built for doubles. So please revert any changes
you made and on the project section in QtCreator (on the left), go to
qmake options and add:
CONFIG+=buildDoubles

I think this should do it. And I'll make doubles the default in the
future to avoid these problems.

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Kurt Kuschinski
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Mhh, nobody any idea?
>
> Am 9. April 2012 16:58 schrieb Kurt Kuschinski <[hidden email]>:
>> DEFAULT_CSOUND_API_INCLUDE_DIRS = "$$(PROGRAMFILES)\\Csound\\include"
>>
>> Ok... wrote DEFAULT_CSOUND_API_INCLUDE_DIRS = D:/Csound/include
>>
>> That works, the next message was
>> "A valid Csound library directory was no tfound"
>>
>> but
>>
>> DEFAULT_CSOUND_LIBRARY_DIRS = D:/Csound/bin
>>
>> does not work.
>>
>> Greetings Kurt

Re: [Qutecsound-users] building QtCsound from source

Now looking at the project, there is some code to do this on windows,
but if your problem is fixed, it means it's not working...

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 4:06 PM, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry, I was thinking it might be a Windows issue, but now I realise
> it's probably because CsoundQt tries to build for floats, but the
> windows installer is built for doubles. So please revert any changes
> you made and on the project section in QtCreator (on the left), go to
> qmake options and add:
> CONFIG+=buildDoubles
>
> I think this should do it. And I'll make doubles the default in the
> future to avoid these problems.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrés
>
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Kurt Kuschinski
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Mhh, nobody any idea?
>>
>> Am 9. April 2012 16:58 schrieb Kurt Kuschinski <[hidden email]>:
>>> DEFAULT_CSOUND_API_INCLUDE_DIRS = "$$(PROGRAMFILES)\\Csound\\include"
>>>
>>> Ok... wrote DEFAULT_CSOUND_API_INCLUDE_DIRS = D:/Csound/include
>>>
>>> That works, the next message was
>>> "A valid Csound library directory was no tfound"
>>>
>>> but
>>>
>>> DEFAULT_CSOUND_LIBRARY_DIRS = D:/Csound/bin
>>>
>>> does not work.
>>>
>>> Greetings Kurt

Re: [Qutecsound-users] building QtCsound from source

Kurt Kuschinski
Sorry for beeing that dull and annoying,

i think i did what you told (on the left side of Qt creator under
projects I added CONFIG+=buildDoubles to Build Steps - additional
arguments ... not 100% sure if that was right (but it seemed to me to
be the best place for it).

Sadly that did not work. He is still complaining "A valid Csound API
include directory as not found" unless i set a path to it
("D:/csound/include" instead ""$$(PROGRAMFILES)\\Csound\\include") but
that is only a shot in the dark and does not work for
DEFAULT_CSOUND_LIBRARY_DIRS = "$$(PROGRAMFILES)\\Csound\\bin"

seems to me I have to wait for a official release (beeing unable to
copy and paste and the shutdowns when changing to another program are
annoying).

Greetings and thx for trying to help me, Kurt

Am 11. April 2012 17:09 schrieb Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Now looking at the project, there is some code to do this on windows,
> but if your problem is fixed, it means it's not working...
>
> Cheers,
> Andrés
>
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 4:06 PM, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Sorry, I was thinking it might be a Windows issue, but now I realise
>> it's probably because CsoundQt tries to build for floats, but the
>> windows installer is built for doubles. So please revert any changes
>> you made and on the project section in QtCreator (on the left), go to
>> qmake options and add:
>> CONFIG+=buildDoubles
>>
>> I think this should do it. And I'll make doubles the default in the
>> future to avoid these problems.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Andrés
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Kurt Kuschinski
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Mhh, nobody any idea?

Re: [Qutecsound-users] building QtCsound from source

Kurt Kuschinski
Hello,
had to add  CONFIG+=build64 instead  CONFIG+=buildDoubles. That does
not solve the problem but when i enter the pathes to csound
etc.mannually the error message I get is not longer ""A valid Csound
API include directory was not found" etc. but

qtmain_win.cpp:-1: error: undefined reference to `qMain(int, char**)'
qtmain_win.cpp

and

:-1: error: collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
File not found:

Greetings, Lars

Am 11. April 2012 18:16 schrieb Kurt Kuschinski
<[hidden email]>:

> Sorry for beeing that dull and annoying,
>
> i think i did what you told (on the left side of Qt creator under
> projects I added CONFIG+=buildDoubles to Build Steps - additional
> arguments ... not 100% sure if that was right (but it seemed to me to
> be the best place for it).
>
> Sadly that did not work. He is still complaining "A valid Csound API
> include directory as not found" unless i set a path to it
> ("D:/csound/include" instead ""$$(PROGRAMFILES)\\Csound\\include") but
> that is only a shot in the dark and does not work for
> DEFAULT_CSOUND_LIBRARY_DIRS = "$$(PROGRAMFILES)\\Csound\\bin"
>
> seems to me I have to wait for a official release (beeing unable to
> copy and paste and the shutdowns when changing to another program are
> annoying).
>
> Greetings and thx for trying to help me, Kurt
>
> Am 11. April 2012 17:09 schrieb Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Now looking at the project, there is some code to do this on windows,
>> but if your problem is fixed, it means it's not working...
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Andrés
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 4:06 PM, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Sorry, I was thinking it might be a Windows issue, but now I realise
>>> it's probably because CsoundQt tries to build for floats, but the
>>> windows installer is built for doubles. So please revert any changes
>>> you made and on the project section in QtCreator (on the left), go to
>>> qmake options and add:
>>> CONFIG+=buildDoubles
>>>
>>> I think this should do it. And I'll make doubles the default in the
>>> future to avoid these problems.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Andrés

Re: [Qutecsound-users] building QtCsound from source

Kurt Kuschinski
Meant:
qtmain_win.cpp:-1: error: undefined reference to `qMain(int, char**)'
File not found: qtmain_win.cpp

Am 11. April 2012 19:22 schrieb Kurt Kuschinski
<[hidden email]>:

> Hello,
> had to add  CONFIG+=build64 instead  CONFIG+=buildDoubles. That does
> not solve the problem but when i enter the pathes to csound
> etc.mannually the error message I get is not longer ""A valid Csound
> API include directory was not found" etc. but
>
> qtmain_win.cpp:-1: error: undefined reference to `qMain(int, char**)'
> qtmain_win.cpp
>
> and
>
> :-1: error: collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> File not found:
>
> Greetings, Lars
>

> Am 11. April 2012 18:16 schrieb Kurt Kuschinski
> <[hidden email]>:
>> Sorry for beeing that dull and annoying,
>>
>> i think i did what you told (on the left side of Qt creator under
>> projects I added CONFIG+=buildDoubles to Build Steps - additional
>> arguments ... not 100% sure if that was right (but it seemed to me to
>> be the best place for it).
>>
>> Sadly that did not work. He is still complaining "A valid Csound API
>> include directory as not found" unless i set a path to it
>> ("D:/csound/include" instead ""$$(PROGRAMFILES)\\Csound\\include") but
>> that is only a shot in the dark and does not work for
>> DEFAULT_CSOUND_LIBRARY_DIRS = "$$(PROGRAMFILES)\\Csound\\bin"
>>
>> seems to me I have to wait for a official release (beeing unable to
>> copy and paste and the shutdowns when changing to another program are
>> annoying).
>>
>> Greetings and thx for trying to help me, Kurt
>>
>> Am 11. April 2012 17:09 schrieb Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]>:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Now looking at the project, there is some code to do this on windows,
>>> but if your problem is fixed, it means it's not working...
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Andrés

Re: [Qutecsound-users] building QtCsound from source

Points for perseverance :)

That error is seriously weird... Can you try cleaning the build (I
think it's in the build menu)?

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 6:25 PM, Kurt Kuschinski
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Meant:
> qtmain_win.cpp:-1: error: undefined reference to `qMain(int, char**)'
> File not found: qtmain_win.cpp
>
> Am 11. April 2012 19:22 schrieb Kurt Kuschinski
> <[hidden email]>:
>> Hello,
>> had to add  CONFIG+=build64 instead  CONFIG+=buildDoubles. That does
>> not solve the problem but when i enter the pathes to csound
>> etc.mannually the error message I get is not longer ""A valid Csound
>> API include directory was not found" etc. but
>>
>> qtmain_win.cpp:-1: error: undefined reference to `qMain(int, char**)'
>> qtmain_win.cpp
>>
>> and
>>
>> :-1: error: collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> File not found:
>>
>> Greetings, Lars
>>

>> Am 11. April 2012 18:16 schrieb Kurt Kuschinski
>> <[hidden email]>:
>>> Sorry for beeing that dull and annoying,
>>>
>>> i think i did what you told (on the left side of Qt creator under
>>> projects I added CONFIG+=buildDoubles to Build Steps - additional
>>> arguments ... not 100% sure if that was right (but it seemed to me to
>>> be the best place for it).
>>>
>>> Sadly that did not work. He is still complaining "A valid Csound API
>>> include directory as not found" unless i set a path to it
>>> ("D:/csound/include" instead ""$$(PROGRAMFILES)\\Csound\\include") but
>>> that is only a shot in the dark and does not work for
>>> DEFAULT_CSOUND_LIBRARY_DIRS = "$$(PROGRAMFILES)\\Csound\\bin"
>>>
>>> seems to me I have to wait for a official release (beeing unable to
>>> copy and paste and the shutdowns when changing to another program are
>>> annoying).
>>>
>>> Greetings and thx for trying to help me, Kurt

Re: [Qutecsound-users] building QtCsound from source

Kurt Kuschinski
Yes, but that does not solve the problem.

Here all Messages from compile output:

21:32:42: Running build steps for project qcs-win32...
21:32:42: Configuration unchanged, skipping qmake step.
21:32:42: Starting: "D:\QtSDK\mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe"
g++ -Wl,-s -mthreads -Wl,-subsystem,windows -o qcs-win32.exe
-L"d:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.0\mingw\lib" -lmingw32 -lqtmain
doubles\obj\qutecsound_res.o -lole32 -lQtXml4 -lQtGui4 -lQtCore4
d:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.0\mingw\lib/libqtmain.a(qtmain_win.o):qtmain_win.cpp:(.text+0x131):
undefined reference to `qMain(int, char**)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
mingw32-make.exe: *** [qcs-win32.exe] Error 1
21:32:42: The process "D:\QtSDK\mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe" exited with code 2.
Error while building project qcs-win32 (target: Desktop)
When executing build step 'Make'

Did some googling and added "SOURCES += main.cpp to the qcs-win32.pro

now the output is:

21:35:33: Running build steps for project qcs-win32...
21:35:33: Configuration unchanged, skipping qmake step.
21:35:34: Starting: "D:\QtSDK\mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe"
d:\qtsdk\desktop\qt\4.8.0\mingw\bin\qmake.exe -spec
..\..\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.0\mingw\mkspecs\win32-g++ CONFIG+=release
CONFIG+=build64 -o Makefile ..\qutecsound\qcs-win32.pro
Project MESSAGE:
Project MESSAGE: Building CsoundQt for Windows using MinGW/g++.
Project MESSAGE:
Project MESSAGE: Building CsoundQt for the double precision version of Csound.
Project MESSAGE: Building release version.
Project MESSAGE:
Project MESSAGE: CONFIG ...
Project MESSAGE: + lex
Project MESSAGE: + yacc
Project MESSAGE: + warn_on
Project MESSAGE: + debug
Project MESSAGE: + uic
Project MESSAGE: + resources
Project MESSAGE: + rtti_off
Project MESSAGE: + exceptions_off
Project MESSAGE: + stl_off
Project MESSAGE: + incremental_off
Project MESSAGE: + thread_off
Project MESSAGE: + windows
Project MESSAGE: + qt
Project MESSAGE: + warn_on
Project MESSAGE: + release
Project MESSAGE: + link_prl
Project MESSAGE: + debug
Project MESSAGE: + exceptions
Project MESSAGE: + rtti
Project MESSAGE: + mmx
Project MESSAGE: + 3dnow
Project MESSAGE: + sse
Project MESSAGE: + sse2
Project MESSAGE: + release
Project MESSAGE: + build64
Project MESSAGE: + thread
Project MESSAGE:
Project MESSAGE: Csound API include directory not specified.
Project MESSAGE: ... searching in d:/csound/include
Project MESSAGE: CSOUND_API_INCLUDE_DIR set to d:/csound/include
Project MESSAGE:
Project MESSAGE: Csound library directory not specified.
Project MESSAGE: ... searching in d:/csound/bin
Project MESSAGE: ... in d:/csound/bin for csound64.dll.5.2
Project MESSAGE: CSOUND_LIBRARY_DIR set to d:/csound/bin
Project MESSAGE:
Project MESSAGE: libsndfile include directory not specified.
Project MESSAGE: ... searching in d:/Mega-Nerd/libsndfile/include
Project MESSAGE: LIBSNDFILE_INCLUDE_DIR set to d:/Mega-Nerd/libsndfile/include
Project MESSAGE:
Project MESSAGE: libsndfile library directory not specified.
Project MESSAGE: ... searching in d:/csound/bin
Project MESSAGE: LIBSNDFILE_LIBRARY_DIR set to d:/csound/bin
Project MESSAGE:
Project MESSAGE: Csound API include directory is d:/csound/include
Project MESSAGE: Csound interfaces include directory is
Project MESSAGE: Csound library directory is d:/csound/bin
Project MESSAGE: libsndfile include directory is d:/Mega-Nerd/libsndfile/include
Project MESSAGE: libsndfile library directory is d:/csound/bin
Project MESSAGE:
WARNING: Failure to find: main.cpp
mingw32-make.exe: *** No rule to make target `main.cpp', needed by
`doubles/obj/main.o'.  Stop.
21:35:34: The process "D:\QtSDK\mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe" exited with code 2.

Am 11. April 2012 21:03 schrieb Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>
> Points for perseverance :)
>
> That error is seriously weird... Can you try cleaning the build (I
> think it's in the build menu)?
>
> Cheers,
> Andrés

Re: [Qutecsound-users] building QtCsound from source

Kurt Kuschinski
I tried building some of the Qt creator integrated examples ang get
the same error message ... will do a new installation and try it again

Re: [Qutecsound-users] building QtCsound from source

Yes the error was very weird... Let us know how it goes...

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 9:35 PM, Kurt Kuschinski
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I tried building some of the Qt creator integrated examples ang get
> the same error message ... will do a new installation and try it again

Re: [Qutecsound-users] building QtCsound from source

Kurt Kuschinski
Hello,
I was not able to get rid of this error (uninstalled QT SDK,
reinstalled it on C:/ (root) ... that did not change anything. Then
installed mingw manually. Then tried different versions of the qt
sdk... all came out with this same error. I ran out of ideas.

Am 13. April 2012 10:30 schrieb Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>
> Yes the error was very weird... Let us know how it goes...
>
> Cheers,
> Andrés
>
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 9:35 PM, Kurt Kuschinski

Re: [Qutecsound-users] building QtCsound from source

Hi Kurt,

There's one thing I think you could try. Can you try using Qt 4.7
instead of 4.8? You should be able to install it from the package
manager for the QtSDK.

As I don't have a Windows machine, I can't try this, so have any
Windows users experienced this?

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Kurt Kuschinski
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I was not able to get rid of this error (uninstalled QT SDK,
> reinstalled it on C:/ (root) ... that did not change anything. Then
> installed mingw manually. Then tried different versions of the qt
> sdk... all came out with this same error. I ran out of ideas.
>
> Am 13. April 2012 10:30 schrieb Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Yes the error was very weird... Let us know how it goes...
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Andrés
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 9:35 PM, Kurt Kuschinski

Re: [Qutecsound-users] building QtCsound from source

Kurt Kuschinski
I have tried this already

Am 13. April 2012 17:10 schrieb Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Kurt,
>
> There's one thing I think you could try. Can you try using Qt 4.7
> instead of 4.8? You should be able to install it from the package
> manager for the QtSDK.
>
> As I don't have a Windows machine, I can't try this, so have any
> Windows users experienced this?
>
> Cheers,
> Andrés
>
> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Kurt Kuschinski
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I was not able to get rid of this error (uninstalled QT SDK,
>> reinstalled it on C:/ (root) ... that did not change anything. Then
>> installed mingw manually. Then tried different versions of the qt
>> sdk... all came out with this same error. I ran out of ideas.
>>
>> Am 13. April 2012 10:30 schrieb Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]>:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Yes the error was very weird... Let us know how it goes...
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Andrés
>>>
>>> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 9:35 PM, Kurt Kuschinski

Re: [Qutecsound-users] building QtCsound from source

I can only suggest trying to redownload the QtSDK... Making sure
there's nothing of the old installation left.