[Qutecsound-users] chnget / chnset with Strings

moi

[Qutecsound-users] chnget / chnset with Strings

moi
Hello,

I can't have the included csd to work with csoundqt.

chn_S, chnset  with string, chnget with string
and chnget    "_Browse" or invalue  "_Browse"

Have tried several compilation but always csoundqt freeze or crash!

My last try is with csound git develop and csoundqt git from today feb
04 2014.

I am on linux Ubuntu / kxstudio 12.04.

Regards,
René

chn_S.csd (2K) Download Attachment

Re: [Qutecsound-users] chnget / chnset with Strings

joachim-3
hi rené -

thanks for spotting this -- certainly a serious issue for potentially a
lot of code.

i tried to track this a bit, and i think there are two different problems:

1) the "show" example (instr 1 and 2 in your code) segfaults whenever a
widget is there. without a widget it works.

2) the "_Browse" example (instr 3) seems to work if you declare the
channel first. but it seems to return a strange sort of string which
crashes csound whenever the string is not empty.

i do attach this as two different csds. hope this helps in fixing. can
you find the time to file a ticket? if not, i can perhaps do it in late
afternoon.

best -

        joachim

Am 04.02.2014 14:58, schrieb moi:

> Hello,
>
> I can't have the included csd to work with csoundqt.
>
> chn_S, chnset  with string, chnget with string
> and chnget    "_Browse" or invalue  "_Browse"
>
> Have tried several compilation but always csoundqt freeze or crash!
>
> My last try is with csound git develop and csoundqt git from today feb
> 04 2014.
>
> I am on linux Ubuntu / kxstudio 12.04.
>
> Regards,
> René

> Read the Whitepaper.
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=121051231&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

chn_S1.csd (1K) Download Attachment
chn_S2.csd (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [Qutecsound-users] chnget / chnset with Strings

Rory Walsh
Not sure if it's related but I had some problems with string channels
and Csound recently on Windows. Seems to be sorted in the latest tip.
But like I said, it might be completely unrelated.

moi

Re: [Qutecsound-users] chnget / chnset with Strings

moi
Hi Joachim,

I can't create a ticket on csoundQt because the "Create Ticket" button is not on the bugs page.  (have it on csound bugs page!).

Anyway, I prefer to use the mailing list, it is more interactive.

Thanks for testing,
René

Le 05/02/2014 10:44, joachim heintz a écrit :
[...]

me too, but i have learned that for the developers it is much better to
have a ticket at which they can look when they find the time =)
i will try to file one later; thanks again for pointing to this -
        joachim

Am 05.02.2014 18:45, schrieb moi:

> Hi Joachim,
>
> I can't create a ticket on csoundQt because the "Create Ticket" button
> is not on the bugs page.  (have it on csound bugs page!).
>
> Anyway, I prefer to use the mailing list, it is more interactive.
>
> Thanks for testing,
> René
>

> Le 05/02/2014 10:44, joachim heintz a écrit :
>> hi rené -
>>
>> thanks for spotting this -- certainly a serious issue for potentially
>> a lot of code.
>>
>> i tried to track this a bit, and i think there are two different
>> problems:
>>
>> 1) the "show" example (instr 1 and 2 in your code) segfaults whenever
>> a widget is there. without a widget it works.
>>
>> 2) the "_Browse" example (instr 3) seems to work if you declare the
>> channel first. but it seems to return a strange sort of string which
>> crashes csound whenever the string is not empty.
>>
>> i do attach this as two different csds. hope this helps in fixing. can
>> you find the time to file a ticket? if not, i can perhaps do it in
>> late afternoon.
>>
>> best -
>>
>>     joachim
>>

>> Am 04.02.2014 14:58, schrieb moi:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I can't have the included csd to work with csoundqt.
>>>
>>> chn_S, chnset  with string, chnget with string
>>> and chnget    "_Browse" or invalue  "_Browse"
>>>
>>> Have tried several compilation but always csoundqt freeze or crash!
>>>
>>> My last try is with csound git develop and csoundqt git from today feb
>>> 04 2014.
>>>
>>> I am on linux Ubuntu / kxstudio 12.04.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> René

>>> Managing the Performance of Cloud-Based Applications
>>> Take advantage of what the Cloud has to offer - Avoid Common Pitfalls.
>>> Read the Whitepaper.
>>> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=121051231&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

> Read the Whitepaper.
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=121051231&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

Re: [Qutecsound-users] chnget / chnset with Strings

thanks rory - i tried with latest tip, but no change. ciao -