[Qutecsound-users] chnset with strings

moi

[Qutecsound-users] chnset with strings

moi
Hi,

I can't send a string to a display widget using the opcode chnset

chn_S    "show",    3

instr 1
S1    = "toto"
chnset    S1, "show"
endin

instr 2
S2    chnget    "show"
prints    S2
endin

i1 send string to "show" channel, i2 print it but the csoundQt widget
window don't show it.

Tested with fresh (today) csound6-develop-git and csoundqt-git on Ubuntu
64b.

Regards,
René

chn_S_test.csd (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [Qutecsound-users] chnset with strings

I confirm I have the same result - no output to widget.

Testing on python console gives result (while csd is running):

py> q.getCsStringChannel("show")
u'toto'

q.getChannelString("show")
''

So the value does not get to be assigned to the widget.

In the same time

py>  q.setChannelString("show","toto")

works (the string gets displayed on the widget).

Also

instr 1
        S1 = "toto"
        outvalue "show", S1
endin

works.

Andrés, can you make a guess on that info what is the pronlem?

René, for time being you can use outvalue as workaround,

best!
tarmo

moi

Re: [Qutecsound-users] chnset with strings

moi
Thanks Tarmo, I was afraid to be alone with this widget behavior :)
I am trying to play with Stria synth, so I will switch to invalue/outvalue.
Best,
René

Le 28/11/2013 16:12, Tarmo Johannes a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I confirm I have the same result - no output to widget.
>
> Testing on python console gives result (while csd is running):
>
> py> q.getCsStringChannel("show")
> u'toto'
>
> q.getChannelString("show")
> ''
>
> So the value does not get to be assigned to the widget.
>
> In the same time
>
> py>  q.setChannelString("show","toto")
>
> works (the string gets displayed on the widget).
>

> Also
>
> instr 1
> S1 = "toto"
> outvalue "show", S1
> endin
>
> works.
>
> Andrés, can you make a guess on that info what is the pronlem?
>
> René, for time being you can use outvalue as workaround,
>
> best!
> tarmo
>

> On Thursday 28 November 2013 14:40:43 moi wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I can't send a string to a display widget using the opcode chnset
>>
>> chn_S    "show",    3
>>
>> instr 1
>> S1    = "toto"
>> chnset    S1, "show"
>> endin
>>
>> instr 2
>> S2    chnget    "show"
>> prints    S2
>> endin
>>
>> i1 send string to "show" channel, i2 print it but the csoundQt widget
>> window don't show it.
>>
>> Tested with fresh (today) csound6-develop-git and csoundqt-git on Ubuntu
>> 64b.
>>
>> Regards,
>> René

Re: [Qutecsound-users] chnset with strings

I've now fixed chnget string channels. I've found a crash which I need to investigate, when I do something like:

chn_S "line", 3

instr 1

Sline chnget "line"

puts Sline, 1