Quantcast

[Qutecsound-users] csoundqt and jack

Tarmo Johannes

Hello,

Like Menno, I have enocuntered crashes when csoundqt uses jack as the sound server.

The crashes happen when a csd is run and the score ends (ie. csound finishes by itselt). Output form gdb:

CsoundQt-d-py-debug: ../common/JackGraphManager.cpp:44: void Jack::JackGraphManager::AssertPort(jack_port_id_t): Assertion `port_index < fPortMax' failed.

jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0

jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0

jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0

jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0

jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0

jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0

jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0

jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0

jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0

jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0

jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0

jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 4115651056

jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 30171040

jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 30134464

jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 30178496

jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0

jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 12223680

jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0

jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 12482768

jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 30188000

jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 30203680

jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0

jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 372225

jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 12220768

jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 30210048

jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0

[Switching to Thread 0x7fffe00d3700 (LWP 2196)]

0x00007ffff36fed95 in raise () from /lib64/libc.so.6

csoundqt revision 975 (I thnik), csound 5.16, jack 1.9.8, openSuse 12.1

Running the same csd from terminal produces no errors.

Also, when csoundqt is stopped with the stop button in the menu or by q.stop() in python interpreter, everything works correctly.

The workaround is to add

f0 3600

(or f0 $INF with csound 5.17) or similar to the csd and always top it from the menu.

greetings,

Re: [Qutecsound-users] csoundqt and jack

Hi Tarmo,

I'll check this, thanks. It's probably due to the way CsoundQt detects
a score has ended (Csound won't tell CsoundQt!), and then proceeds to
stop Csound.

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Tarmo Johannes
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Like Menno, I have enocuntered crashes when csoundqt uses jack as the sound
> server.
>

> The crashes happen when a csd is run and the score ends (ie. csound finishes
> by itselt). Output form gdb:
>

> CsoundQt-d-py-debug: ../common/JackGraphManager.cpp:44: void
> Jack::JackGraphManager::AssertPort(jack_port_id_t): Assertion `port_index <
> fPortMax' failed.
>
> jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0
>
> jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0
>
> jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0
>
> jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0
>
> jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0
>
> jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0
>
> jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0
>
> jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0
>
> jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0
>
> jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0
>
> jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0
>
> jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 4115651056
>
> jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 30171040
>
> jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 30134464
>
> jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 30178496
>
> jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0
>
> jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 12223680
>
> jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0
>
> jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 12482768
>
> jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 30188000
>
> jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 30203680
>
> jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0
>
> jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 372225
>
> jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 12220768
>
> jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 30210048
>
> jack_port_get_buffer called with an incorrect port 0
>

> Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
>
> [Switching to Thread 0x7fffe00d3700 (LWP 2196)]
>
> 0x00007ffff36fed95 in raise () from /lib64/libc.so.6
>

> csoundqt revision 975 (I thnik), csound 5.16, jack 1.9.8, openSuse 12.1
>

> Running the same csd from terminal produces no errors.
>

> Also, when csoundqt is stopped with the stop button in the menu or by
> q.stop() in python interpreter, everything works correctly.
>

> The workaround is to add
>
> f0 3600
>
> (or f0 $INF with csound 5.17) or similar to the csd and always top it from
> the menu.
>

> greetings,
>
> tarmo

Re: [Qutecsound-users] csoundqt and jack

menno
Yes Tarmo, that is what is happening here.
The crashes appear at the end of the score.
Thanks for loooking into it Andres. Hope that there's a remedy for this.

greetings
Menno