[Qutecsound-users] graph widget broken?

joachim-3
hi all -

i cannot get any reasonable output from the graph widget, except the fft
display. for instance, in Examples>Widgets>Graph_Widget the left graph
widget shows non(sens), the right one with the fft is ok.

any explanations? is this in any way related to some recent changes? i
am using an svn build from about one week ago (ubuntu 11.04).

thanks -

Re: [Qutecsound-users] graph widget broken?

Hi Joachim,

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't had time to chase this, but it seems to have been broken for a while:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3439765&group_id=227265&atid=1070588

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 10:16 AM, joachim heintz <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi all -

i cannot get any reasonable output from the graph widget, except the fft
display. for instance, in Examples>Widgets>Graph_Widget the left graph
widget shows non(sens), the right one with the fft is ok.

any explanations? is this in any way related to some recent changes? i
am using an svn build from about one week ago (ubuntu 11.04).

thanks -

Re: [Qutecsound-users] graph widget broken?

tarmoj

Hi Joachim, Andrés,

Yes, I've expereienced it too. For temporary workaround, what helped me was to make the Y scaling in properties smaller (to something like 0.4)  - before the peaks of the graphs were not visible, now whan the graph got condensed, I could get at least an idea for the shape.

greetings,
tarmo

On Thursday 23 February 2012 16:27:45 Andres Cabrera wrote:

> Hi Joachim,
>
> Sorry for the late reply. I haven't had time to chase this, but it seems to
> have been broken for a while:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3439765&group_id=227265&atid=1070588
>
> Cheers,
> Andrés
>
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 10:16 AM, joachim heintz <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
> > hi all -
> >
> > i cannot get any reasonable output from the graph widget, except the fft
> > display. for instance, in Examples>Widgets>Graph_Widget the left graph
> > widget shows non(sens), the right one with the fft is ok.
> >
> > any explanations? is this in any way related to some recent changes? i
> > am using an svn build from about one week ago (ubuntu 11.04).
> >
> > thanks -
> >
> >        joachim

Re: [Qutecsound-users] graph widget broken?

thanks, andrés. i didn't notice you tracked this. for some applications
like my Imitative_Additive.csd it's a fairly essential feature. (and
this example seems to show that it's not a problem of having just one
ftable but is also an issue with multiple ones.)
i remember the problem started with this extremely small image in the
graph widget, but first it has been possible to open the properties, and
then it disappeared when closing the properties. but now it seems to be
completely broken.
best -
        joachim