Quantcast

[Qutecsound-users] multi point enveloppe drawing

[Qutecsound-users] multi point enveloppe drawing

stephane boussuge
Hi,

is it possible to have a widget for draw multipoint enveloppe like in many synthesizer today ?

Widget are very cool, but it seem a multipoint for drawing envelop, ftable etc... will be fantastic !!!

stf

Re: [Qutecsound-users] multi point enveloppe drawing

joachim-3
hi stephane -

this would certainly be great. meanwhile, you can perhaps use an array
of controller widgets for this purpose. rené did a nice gui for iain's
spectral sketching example:
Examples > McCurdy Collection > AdditiveSynthesis >
AdditiveSynthesisSpectralSketching

best -

        joachim

Am 24.01.2013 12:18, schrieb Stephane Boussuge:

> Hi,
>
> is it possible to have a widget for draw multipoint enveloppe like in
> many synthesizer today ?
>
> Widget are very cool, but it seem a multipoint for drawing envelop,
> ftable etc... will be fantastic !!!
>

> stf

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/learnnow-d2d

Re: [Qutecsound-users] multi point enveloppe drawing

Tarmo Johannes

Hello,

it sure would be great to have an envelope drawer as an utility to CsoundQt and definitely one they there will. I know Andres has mentioned in some post before that he has started wrting something like that. I try to help and assit, if I can and get more time (like we all :) )

so far I wrote a small python wrapper to brkpint utility of the csound package. It is small perl script to draw breakoint lines. I changed it a bit to create GEN07 (envelope from segments of straight lines) lines.

I attach the changed perl script and python script to run it. Copy them to your scripts folder in your CsoudnQt, run gen7-ftable.py from your scripts foleder, draw the line and it inserts a generated f table (like f xx 0 1024 7 etc) to the the point of cursor in your csd file.

Make sure tha you have perl-tk installed.

I am not sure if it is useful in your situation but it has served me pretty well in some cases.

best!

tarmo

On Friday 25 January 2013 10:43:24 stephane boussuge wrote:

[...]

Stéphane Boussuge

[hidden email]

http://algorithmicmusiccomposer.blogspot.fr/

gen7creator (10K) Download Attachment
gen7-ftables.py (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [Qutecsound-users] multi point enveloppe drawing

stephane boussuge-2
<base href="x-msg://46/">Wonderful ! i will try it ASAP !

stf

<gen7creator><gen7-ftables.py>------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://p.sf.net/sfu/learnnow-d2d_______________________________________________

Re: [Qutecsound-users] multi point enveloppe drawing

j4zz
i would also like this,
it would be very useful to be able to have this type of widget.

could somebody direct me to some documentation? i had a look through the code and while i dont understand anything of it, having some docs might make it a bit easier for me to figure things out.

I would really need this feature as a widget so that I could create VSTs with this support, using perl+python just is not dynamic enough.

Re: [Qutecsound-users] multi point enveloppe drawing

joachim-3
 > could somebody direct me to some documentation? <
documentation for what?

Am 29.01.2013 21:59, schrieb j4zz:

> i would also like this,
> it would be very useful to be able to have this type of widget.
>
> could somebody direct me to some documentation? i had a look through the
> code and while i dont understand anything of it, having some docs might make
> it a bit easier for me to figure things out.
>
> I would really need this feature as a widget so that I could create VSTs
> with this support, using perl+python just is not dynamic enough.

Re: [Qutecsound-users] multi point enveloppe drawing

j4zz
documentation for making widgets which would have the capability to create multi point envelopes as the fine gentleman who created this thread has requested for. :)

Re: [Qutecsound-users] multi point enveloppe drawing

No documentation for this, except the source code... You might want to
have a look at the scope widget which uses a canvas, but the issue is
that the file format would also have to be changed to accomodate the
new widget...

If you make it, I an interested in adding it.

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 1:12 PM, j4zz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> documentation for making widgets which would have the capability to create
> multi point envelopes as the fine gentleman who created this thread has
> requested for. :)

Re: [Qutecsound-users] multi point enveloppe drawing

j4zz
I think then it will probably be too difficult for me to get working.
I am not very experienced at programming, I thought I would try it since I have so much use for it.