[Qutecsound-users] sound "in" on Mac - my fault?

[Qutecsound-users] sound "in" on Mac - my fault?

r bdual
more precision:
in fact, "in" works perfectly in "real-time-mode" (hitting <run> and
<record> buttons)

but, when I try to use the same orchestra in "render-mode", "in" does
not get any sound, the resulting file has no sound.

may be, that is normal

rainer

===================

hello!

the manual still says
Mac realtime audio
coming soon - - -

my out in realtime works fine, my "in" doesn't - any help around?

thanks a lot

rainer

Re: [Qutecsound-users] sound "in" on Mac - my fault?

Jim Aikin
On 6/12/2010 6:42 AM, r bdual wrote:
> more precision:
> in fact, "in" works perfectly in "real-time-mode" (hitting<run>  and
> <record>  buttons)
>
> but, when I try to use the same orchestra in "render-mode", "in" does
> not get any sound, the resulting file has no sound.
>
> may be, that is normal

In the world of Csound, nothing is normal. I'm joking, but I'm making a
serious point. Almost _any_ assumption you make about Csound can be
wrong. At least, that has been my experience.

I've never tried using Csound for accepting real-time audio input and
rendering it to disk, so I can't speak to the specifics. But you may
want to try fiddling with the settings in the QuteCsound Configuration
window. There may be a way to do it. And if there's not a way, then
there's probably some other way....

--Jim Aikin

Re: [Qutecsound-users] sound "in" on Mac - my fault?

I think the issue is that if you "Run" a file, you are running in
realtime and input and output is taken from the soundcard. If you
render, it will work as fast as possible, and the input and output
will no longer be the audio card, but sound files. You can specify the
name of the output file in the preferences dialog, and you can specify
both input and output files in the CsOptions section by using the -i
and -o flags, giving a filename.

I suspect that what you want is to write a file while you are
processing audio in realtime to/from the sound card. In this case, use
the record button, which saves an audio file, while processing in
realtime.