[Qutecsound-users] system wide installation (Linux)

[Qutecsound-users] system wide installation (Linux)

Since it seems, install target works well (at least with kde and gnome) but maybe not with other lightweight window managers and in many ways it is better to have system wide installation, I made changes to the isntall target in qcs.pro and

mime-types/install_csound_mimetypes.sh

now you can install it with

$ sudo make install

and CsoundQt gets installed to /usr/local/bin and /usr/share.

Please note that the examples and Scripts folder are not copied (for now) to /usr/share, the user must point to correct folders in the CSoundQt Configuration Environment by himself, if necessary.

To test, please remove the local insallation (make uninstall, remove *csound* mimetypes from .local/share/mime/text and ../pacakges, mimetype icon from .local/share/icons/hicolor/128x128/mimetypes ). Well, they can stay, but for testing is best to try out a "clean" situation.

Please let know, if there are any problems!

Best!

tarmo

P.S We had a very fruitful day together with Joachim in Hannover today, wait for further news and activities! + any help and contribution is more than welcome!

Re: [Qutecsound-users] system wide installation (Linux)

Felipe Sateler
On 18 February 2016 at 21:31, Tarmo Johannes
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Since it seems, install target works well (at least with kde and gnome) but
> maybe not with other lightweight window managers and in many ways it is
> better to have system wide installation, I made changes to the isntall
> target in qcs.pro and
>
> mime-types/install_csound_mimetypes.sh
>

> now you can install it with
>
> $ sudo make install
>
> and CsoundQt gets installed to /usr/local/bin and /usr/share.

Cool. I can use this for the debian package, if I can tell it to
install to /usr/bin.

> Please note that the examples and Scripts folder are not copied (for now) to
> /usr/share, the user must point to correct folders in the CSoundQt
> Configuration Environment by himself, if necessary.

What does this mean? Is this something I can automate in the debian
package so it work out of the box?

--

Saludos,
Felipe Sateler

Re: [Qutecsound-users] system wide installation (Linux)

It is absolutely great if you can do a debian package! I don't know how it works, please tell me if there is something I can do by the CsoundQt install target, I can do that side (ie what you need to copy where).
CsoundQt 0.9.2 will be announced soon, wonderful if we can provide also packages for Linux (debian, fedora perhaps and if I dig into it, openSuse, but I don't promise).
Anybody with packageing skills -  please step forward and offer your knowledge!
OSX package is also being worked on, by the way, it is quite easy to build yourself (if you use QtCreator).

Best!

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Since it seems, install target works well (at least with kde and gnome) but
> maybe not with other lightweight window managers and in many ways it is
> better to have system wide installation, I made changes to the isntall
> target in qcs.pro and
>
> mime-types/install_csound_mimetypes.sh
>

> now you can install it with
>
> $ sudo make install
>
> and CsoundQt gets installed to /usr/local/bin and /usr/share.

Cool. I can use this for the debian package, if I can tell it to
install to /usr/bin.

> Please note that the examples and Scripts folder are not copied (for now) to
> /usr/share, the user must point to correct folders in the CSoundQt
> Configuration Environment by himself, if necessary.

What does this mean? Is this something I can automate in the debian
package so it work out of the box?

--

Saludos,
Felipe Sateler

Re: [Qutecsound-users] system wide installation (Linux)

Felipe Sateler
Yeah, we already have a package for debian (currently 0.9.1). You can
check what we have at our git repository[1]. I've been short on time
lately (and probably will for at least a few more weeks), but I'd like
to update the package as soon as possible.

Currently I am installing the files manually (because for 0.9.1 the
makefiles do not do much), but it would be great if we could use that
so that any new files can be more easily picked up (I may otherwise
have missed the mime stuff, for example).

There is a very extensive document on the debian wiki on what sort of
stuff is nice to have for us packagers[2]. So far the csoundqt package
is relatively ok and easy to work with, so no demands from me right
now.

Saludos

[1] https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-multimedia/csoundqt.git
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamGuide

On 21 February 2016 at 16:02, Tarmo Johannes
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It is absolutely great if you can do a debian package! I don't know how it
> works, please tell me if there is something I can do by the CsoundQt install
> target, I can do that side (ie what you need to copy where).
> CsoundQt 0.9.2 will be announced soon, wonderful if we can provide also
> packages for Linux (debian, fedora perhaps and if I dig into it, openSuse,
> but I don't promise).
> Anybody with packageing skills -  please step forward and offer your
> knowledge!
> OSX package is also being worked on, by the way, it is quite easy to build
> yourself (if you use QtCreator).
>
> Best!
> tarmo

>> On 18 February 2016 at 21:31, Tarmo Johannes
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >

>> > Since it seems, install target works well (at least with kde and gnome)
>> > but
>> > maybe not with other lightweight window managers and in many ways it is
>> > better to have system wide installation, I made changes to the isntall
>> > target in qcs.pro and
>> >
>> > mime-types/install_csound_mimetypes.sh
>> >

>> > now you can install it with
>> >
>> > $ sudo make install
>> >
>> > and CsoundQt gets installed to /usr/local/bin and /usr/share.
>>
>> Cool. I can use this for the debian package, if I can tell it to
>> install to /usr/bin.
>>

>> > Please note that the examples and Scripts folder are not copied (for
>> > now) to
>> > /usr/share, the user must point to correct folders in the CSoundQt
>> > Configuration Environment by himself, if necessary.
>> >

>> What does this mean? Is this something I can automate in the debian
>> package so it work out of the box?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Saludos,
>> Felipe Sateler