Re: [Qutecsound-users] [Csnd] Init, midi and chnget

Re: [Qutecsound-users] [Csnd] Init, midi and chnget

Rene Jopi
Hi Andrès,

You can close the bug ID: 3488624 in Qutecsound bug tracker.

Have done an update of Pipe_Synth CsoundQt example using chnget.
It sounds perfect and use half CPU power than before with invalue :)

Thanks,
René

Le 23 février 2012 20:03, Rene Jopi <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Thanks for all these explanations,

As usual, you always help users to get a better understanding
on Csound internals :)
It is very valuable for this "Csound user list".

Cheers,
René

Le 23 février 2012 19:17, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Sounds reasonable to me. Are there any potential problems with it that
anyone can think of?

On 23 February 2012 17:39, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think this goes back to my question of whether a rule for this should be
> established. Many k-rate opcodes update their values at i-time, so they
> produce valid values for i() but many others do not, so calling i() within
> the same instrument produces garbage. For these i() would still be useful if
> they are a global variable that has already been updated in a previous
> k-pass.
>
> Maybe this could be made as a recommendation to developers. When making a
> k-rate version of an opcode, it should not update its value at i-time. For
> this, a specific i-time version should be created, rather than having a
> k-rate version only which forces the user to use i().
>
> Does that sound good? Maybe it should be enforced for any new opcodes?
>
> Cheers,
> Andrés
>

> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Rene Jopi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks for your answer,
>> It was just to show a possible bug.
>>
>> chn_i is not in my csound version,
>> but writing
>> iPol chnget "kC14" is ok.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> René
>>

>> Le 23 février 2012 17:06, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> a
>> écrit :
>>
>>> why can't you use chn_i directly instead of chn_k and then casting with
>>> i()?

>>> Dr Victor Lazzarini
>>> Senior Lecturer
>>> Dept. of Music
>>> NUI Maynooth Ireland
>>> tel.: +353 1 708 3545
>>> Victor dot Lazzarini AT nuim dot ie
>>>

>>> Send bugs reports to the Sourceforge bug tracker
>>>            https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=81968&atid=564599
>>> To unsubscribe, send email [hidden email] with body "unsubscribe
>>> csound"

Send bugs reports to the Sourceforge bug tracker
           https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=81968&atid=564599
To unsubscribe, send email [hidden email] with body "unsubscribe csound"

Re: [Qutecsound-users] [Csnd] Init, midi and chnget

Good to know. That's actually another nice advantage of chnget, that
you can use an i-time variable as output, rather than having to use
i(), as with invalue.