Quantcast

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt and csound6

Re: [Qutecsound-users] CsoundQt and csound6

Tarmo Johannes

Thanks, it works!

(For other tryers- note that +=csound6 must be in lowercase)

At first I got errors about csoundGetStrVarMaxLen not being declared,

that is logical since following the tread http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/String-length-and-channels-td5724025.html

this function does not exist in csound6 any more.

For now I replaced lines with that function wiht a consatant (bad solution, but enough for testing):

csoundengine.cpp:233

int maxlen = 1024;// ERROR: csoundGetStrVarMaxLen(csound);

and pyqcsobject.cpp:311

char *value = new char[1024];// ERROR: new char[csoundGetStrVarMaxLen(cs)];

And CsoundQt runs using csound6!

Now it is possible to do things like

instr 1

out poscil(0.5,220,giSine) * adsr(0.1,0.1,0.5,2)

endin

using CsoundQt.

Well, I did not get any output to console and definitely there are many other things that need to be tested or don't wok yet, but it is there!

thanks!

tarmo

On Monday 03 June 2013 18:03:23 Andres Cabrera wrote:

Hi Tarmo,

Make sure you set:

CONFIG+=csound6

in your qmake line.

Then csound6 functions should be used.

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

I notices lines

csound6: { # Csound6 requires some internal changes

# Temporary testing paths

DEFINES += CSOUND6

etc in qcs.pro

I tried to set my own directories (csound6 is built and works):

CSOUND_INCLUDE_DIR = /home/tarmo/src/csound6-git/include

INCLUDEPATH += /home/tarmo/src/csound6-git/interfaces

CSOUND_LIBRARY_DIR = /home/tarmo/src/csound6-git/

but when I run qmake I don't get any hint that csound6 will be used:

20:30:31: Starting: "/usr/bin/qmake" /home/tarmo/src/qutecsound/qutecsound/qcs.pro -r -spec linux-g++-64 CONFIG+=debug

Project MESSAGE:

Project MESSAGE: Building CsoundQt for Unix-based system.

Project MESSAGE: ... config.user.pri found

Project MESSAGE:

Project MESSAGE: Building CsoundQt for the double precision version of Csound.

Project MESSAGE: Building debug version.

Project MESSAGE:

Project MESSAGE: CONFIG ...

Project MESSAGE: + lex

Project MESSAGE: + yacc

Project MESSAGE: + warn_on

Project MESSAGE: + debug

Project MESSAGE: + uic

Project MESSAGE: + resources

Project MESSAGE: + qt

Project MESSAGE: + warn_on

Project MESSAGE: + release

Project MESSAGE: + incremental

Project MESSAGE: + link_prl

Project MESSAGE: + gdb_dwarf_index

Project MESSAGE: + def_files_disabled

Project MESSAGE: + exceptions

Project MESSAGE: + no_mocdepend

Project MESSAGE: + release

Project MESSAGE: + qt_no_framework

Project MESSAGE: + debug

Project MESSAGE: + pythonqt

Project MESSAGE: + rtmidi

Project MESSAGE: + To

Project MESSAGE: + build

Project MESSAGE: + with

Project MESSAGE: + RtMidi

Project MESSAGE: + support

Project MESSAGE: + build64

Project MESSAGE: + thread

Project MESSAGE:

Project MESSAGE: Csound API include directory not specified.

Project MESSAGE: ... searching in /usr/local/include/csound

Project MESSAGE: CSOUND_API_INCLUDE_DIR set to /usr/local/include/csound

Project MESSAGE:

Project MESSAGE: Csound library directory not specified.

Project MESSAGE: ... searching in /usr/local/lib

Project MESSAGE: ... in /usr/local/lib for libcsound64.so libcsound64.a

Project MESSAGE: CSOUND_LIBRARY_DIR set to /usr/local/lib

Project MESSAGE:

Project MESSAGE: ... searching in /usr/lib

Project MESSAGE: ... in /usr/lib for libcsound64.so libcsound64.a

Project MESSAGE: PythonQt library directory not specified. Using source directory.

Project MESSAGE: RtMidi include directory not specified.

Project MESSAGE: ... searching in rtmidi-2.0.1

Project MESSAGE: ... searching in ../rtmidi-2.0.1

Project MESSAGE: ... searching in ../../../rtmidi-2.0.1

Project MESSAGE: ... searching in rtmidi-1.0.15

Project MESSAGE: RTMIDI_DIR set to rtmidi-1.0.15

Project MESSAGE:

Project MESSAGE: Csound API include directory is /usr/local/include/csound

Project MESSAGE: Csound interfaces include directory is

Project MESSAGE: Csound library directory is /usr/local/lib

Project MESSAGE: libsndfile include directory is /usr/include/

Project MESSAGE: libsndfile library directory is /usr/lib64

Project MESSAGE: PythonQt source tree directory is /home/tarmo/src/PythonQt2.0.1/

Project MESSAGE: PythonQt lib directory is /home/tarmo/src/PythonQt2.0.1//lib

Project MESSAGE: RtMidi directory is rtmidi-1.0.15

Project MESSAGE:

Project MESSAGE: Not bundling QuteApp_f. Please put QuteApp_f in the res/ folder

Project MESSAGE: Not bundling QuteApp_d. Please put QuteApp_d in the res/ folder

20:30:32: The process "/usr/bin/qmake" exited normally.

What should I do to help to test the csound6 integration?

Would be happy to help.