Re: [Qutecsound-users] Not solved

Tarmo Johannes

Hello,

sorry to hear! What vesion of Csound are you using? What version of CsoundQt? How did you install it? What version of Windows?

Qt is great framework and I don't believe that its Qt that cannot find a folder ;) The porblem must be elsewhere.

I use linux (openSuse) myself, so the problem is not familiar to me but I have one partition with windos xp on my laptop and I tryed it out:

I had installed Csound 5.19.02 (double samples) from

http://sourceforge.net/projects/csound/files/csound5/csound5.19/Csound5.19-gnu-win32-d.exe/download

CsoundQt(v 0.7.0) came with the package, I needed to choose it wrom the install dialog -> Frontends -> CsounQt and later I needed to install python 2.7 to make it work.

When I opened CsoundQt, Manual is there, no problem. The default location is

C:/Program Files/Csound/doc/manual

To test, I downloaded the manual from http://sourceforge.net/projects/csound/files/csound5/csound5.19/manual/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/csound/files/csound5/csound5.19/manual/Csound5.19_manual_html.zip/download

unszipped to My Documents

picked My Documents/html from the Configure->Environment->Html doc dialog

It was there. Folder found.

Closed and reopened CsoundQt - still there.

Maybe it is different with Windows Vista, 7, or 8

Try to uninstall everything, delete any configuration file (sorry, I don't know where they are in Windows - but maybe it is not necessary) and reinstall it again.

Don't give up, it should work! And it is definitely worth the effort.

greetings,

tarmo

PS, yes, I don live in Estonia, Tallinn. I am a flutist and teach at the Georg Ots Tallinn Music College. Csound is a hobby and I am fascinated about it.

On Tuesday 26 February 2013 06:04:16 Leonid Hrabovsky wrote:

Hi Tarmo, I still didn't solve the problem. When I went directly to Sourceforge, the 5.19 manual in html wasn't in view although I tried all possible ways to get to it. Then in desperation I entered request into Google -- and only then the manual in question appeared through the same Sourceforge. There is obviously some glitch in the link system at Sourceforge.net... After downloading the manual, I went to Configuration-Environment-html doc directory, entered the path <Leonid/Downloads/csound5.19_html> -- ... Not found! --- Then I copied the manual from Downloads into Csound folder, went to Configuration again, entered the path <C:/Program Files(x86)/Csound/html> -- Not found! Is the Qt blind or shortsighted?After all, Floss Manual autors say that the RefMan is included into Qt package by default--- it turns out that it is not... but even if so, all comps nowadays find their paths to any newly downloaded files. I don't understand why such a sophisticated and wonderful construction as Csound reinforsed by Qt is lacks that simple ability...

--

Леонід

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Not solved

Tarmo Johannes

Glad that you could get it working in XP!

I hope Michael Gogin's hints help you our or please post to the main csound list [hidden email]

I think there is plenty of users with Windows 7 (I saw also windows 8 installer is ready now) and I don't remember have seen similar porblems.

Please post your messages also to [hidden email] - of you find solution, it is useful for also other users or googlers.

Just one final guess: Try to replace backslases (\) in the folder name to normal slahses: / by hand. Hardly it helps, just a guess.

Or maybe it has something to do with the character encoding of the system, maybe the main slavic encoding causes the confusion. Sorry, I don't know.

Keep on, there must be a solution!

best!

tarmo

On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 08:33:46 PM Leonid Hrabovsky wrote:

Tarmo, you will laugh (not that bitterly, like me), but I:

1) uninstalled previous installation of Csound (BTW it was correct one!) and separately, CsoundQt (it's been installed separately, and that was wrong, because it is included into package);

2) checked out the Python version - it was corect;

3) downloaded Csound anew precisely following the path and version you sent me;

4) installed it by the wizard (built-in); during the process, checked out if both the Qt & the manual are present within the package - they were, and were checked;

5) started CsoundQt -- in right part of the work window, the same: Not found! Make sure etc...

6) opened Configuration - Environment - html doc directory -- there path is:

      Desktop\C:\Program Files(x86)\Csound\bin\html\examples
What the hell it wants from me????

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Leonid Hrabovsky <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello, Tarmo, thanks for answer.

I installed both Csound and Qt in d-versions, too. My comp is new Sony VAIO laptop with Win-7. (I write to you from another comp with WinXP now). Qt opens normally with the starting template <Csound Synthesizer> etc., but it doesn't see the manual... Will try re-installing everything now
Best, Leonid