Quantcast

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Output Filename

Gregg
I've had a problem with inputting a output filename in the run tab.  I used to have that info but, I mistakably erased it - now i can't  choose/select a filename to load up.  Also, I'm having problems with toots 6-13 - they seem don't want to work correctly.  I recently downloaded & install the current version of CoundQT.  Can anyone help?

Gregg

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Output Filename

Hi Gregg,

Sorry for the delay...

I think you need to check the box before the option to enable it. Is
this what you mean?

What problems are you having with the toots exactly?

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 8:19 PM, Gregg Thompson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've had a problem with inputting a output filename in the run tab.  I used to have that info but, I mistakably erased it - now i can't  choose/select a filename to load up.  Also, I'm having problems with toots 6-13 - they seem don't want to work correctly.  I recently downloaded & install the current version of CoundQT.  Can anyone help?
>
> Gregg

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Output Filename

Gregg
Hey Andres,

Thanx for reply - I have checked the option box to enable.  The problem I'm having is when I link the config panel - in the Output filename - I can't select a soundfile - i.e. Toot 1 - to save it as s .csd file - then save  it as a aif file.  My professor Dr. B. - if you know him - emailed me stating - Remember that to locate the file (by default) it needs to be in the same folder as the .csd.  I wondering if this the problem - I not sure what folder he's talking about - and is there another issue where  - if you can't resave/rename the  examples of the toots  - after you change info in the instr. - it can't play?  Let me know it this is what you can help me with?

Cheers - Gregg

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Output Filename

Hi Gregg,

Sorry, I don't understand your question... What are you trying to do,
and what is not working exactly?

Cheers,
Andres

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Gregg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey Andres,
>

> Thanx for reply - I have checked the option box to enable.  The problem I'm
> having is when I link the config panel - in the Output filename - I can't
> select a soundfile - i.e. Toot 1 - to save it as s .csd file - then save  it
> as a aif file.  My professor Dr. B. - if you know him - emailed me stating -
> Remember that to locate the file (by default) it needs to be in the same
> folder as the .csd.  I wondering if this the problem - I not sure what
> folder he's talking about - and is there another issue where  - if you can't
> resave/rename the  examples of the toots  - after you change info in the
> instr. - it can't play?  Let me know it this is what you can help me with?
>
> Cheers - Gregg

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Output Filename

Gregg
Hey Andres -

I'm trying to select and input a .csd/soundfile into the Output filename field in the run tab.  The string data previous was: users/greggthompson/desktop/Toot1.csd - as an example.  But now the system won't allow me to install that anymore?  Is this easier to understand - sorry the previous info - i thought I explained clear.

Cheers - Gregg

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Gregg <<a href="x-msg://12/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=3933272&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey Andres,
>

> Thanx for reply - I have checked the option box to enable.  The problem I'm
> having is when I link the config panel - in the Output filename - I can't
> select a soundfile - i.e. Toot 1 - to save it as s .csd file - then save  it
> as a aif file.  My professor Dr. B. - if you know him - emailed me stating -
> Remember that to locate the file (by default) it needs to be in the same
> folder as the .csd.  I wondering if this the problem - I not sure what
> folder he's talking about - and is there another issue where  - if you can't
> resave/rename the  examples of the toots  - after you change info in the
> instr. - it can't play?  Let me know it this is what you can help me with?
>
> Cheers - Gregg

http://qutecsound-users.829572.n3.nabble.com/Re-Qutecsound-users-Output-Filename-tp3862503p3933272.html
To unsubscribe from Re: [Qutecsound-users] Output Filename, click here.
NAML

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Output Filename

Hi Gregg,

Maybe your confusion is with what you can use in those fields. In
those fields you can only use audio files. csd files will not work
there. You should be able to set a csd file there, but it will not
have the intended effect.

Is this your problem?

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Gregg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey Andres -
>
> I'm trying to select and input a .csd/soundfile into the Output filename
> field in the run tab.  The string data previous was:
> users/greggthompson/desktop/Toot1.csd - as an example.  But now the system
> won't allow me to install that anymore?  Is this easier to understand -
> sorry the previous info - i thought I explained clear.
>
> Cheers - Gregg
>
> On Apr 23, 2012, at 2:22 PM, Andres Cabrera [via QuteCsound Users] wrote:
>
> Hi Gregg,
>
> Sorry, I don't understand your question... What are you trying to do,
> and what is not working exactly?
>
> Cheers,
> Andres
>
> On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Gregg <<a
> href="x-msg://12/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=3933272&amp;i=0"
> target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hey Andres,
>>

>> Thanx for reply - I have checked the option box to enable.  The problem
>> I'm
>> having is when I link the config panel - in the Output filename - I can't
>> select a soundfile - i.e. Toot 1 - to save it as s .csd file - then save
>>  it
>> as a aif file.  My professor Dr. B. - if you know him - emailed me stating
>> -
>> Remember that to locate the file (by default) it needs to be in the same
>> folder as the .csd.  I wondering if this the problem - I not sure what
>> folder he's talking about - and is there another issue where  - if you
>> can't
>> resave/rename the  examples of the toots  - after you change info in the
>> instr. - it can't play?  Let me know it this is what you can help me with?
>>
>> Cheers - Gregg
>>
>> --

> NAML

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Output Filename

Gregg
Hey Andres -  As you mentioned by using audio tiles - can select them from any source - also, I the format in set to save it as a .aff file - can I save it as that file without a problem?

Cheers - Gregg

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Gregg <<a href="x-msg://32/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=3934905&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey Andres -
>
> I'm trying to select and input a .csd/soundfile into the Output filename
> field in the run tab.  The string data previous was:
> users/greggthompson/desktop/Toot1.csd - as an example.  But now the system
> won't allow me to install that anymore?  Is this easier to understand -
> sorry the previous info - i thought I explained clear.
>
> Cheers - Gregg
>
> On Apr 23, 2012, at 2:22 PM, Andres Cabrera [via QuteCsound Users] wrote:
>
> Hi Gregg,
>
> Sorry, I don't understand your question... What are you trying to do,
> and what is not working exactly?
>
> Cheers,
> Andres
>
> On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Gregg <<a
> href="<a href="x-msg://12/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;amp;node=3933272&amp;amp;i=0">x-msg://12/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=3933272&amp;i=0"
> target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hey Andres,
>>

>> Thanx for reply - I have checked the option box to enable.  The problem
>> I'm
>> having is when I link the config panel - in the Output filename - I can't
>> select a soundfile - i.e. Toot 1 - to save it as s .csd file - then save
>>  it
>> as a aif file.  My professor Dr. B. - if you know him - emailed me stating
>> -
>> Remember that to locate the file (by default) it needs to be in the same
>> folder as the .csd.  I wondering if this the problem - I not sure what
>> folder he's talking about - and is there another issue where  - if you
>> can't
>> resave/rename the  examples of the toots  - after you change info in the
>> instr. - it can't play?  Let me know it this is what you can help me with?
>>
>> Cheers - Gregg
>>
>> --

> NAML

http://qutecsound-users.829572.n3.nabble.com/Re-Qutecsound-users-Output-Filename-tp3862503p3934905.html
To unsubscribe from Re: [Qutecsound-users] Output Filename, click here.
NAML

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Output Filename

Yes, you should be able to render as an aiff file.

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 7:38 PM, Gregg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>
>>> Hey Andres,
>>>

>>> Thanx for reply - I have checked the option box to enable.  The problem
>>> I'm
>>> having is when I link the config panel - in the Output filename - I can't
>>> select a soundfile - i.e. Toot 1 - to save it as s .csd file - then save
>>>  it
>>> as a aif file.  My professor Dr. B. - if you know him - emailed me
>>> stating
>>> -
>>> Remember that to locate the file (by default) it needs to be in the same
>>> folder as the .csd.  I wondering if this the problem - I not sure what
>>> folder he's talking about - and is there another issue where  - if you
>>> can't
>>> resave/rename the  examples of the toots  - after you change info in the
>>> instr. - it can't play?  Let me know it this is what you can help me

Can get a audio file from any source - i.e. cd, tape, record or internet?

Cheers - Gregg

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 7:38 PM, Gregg <<a href="x-msg://4/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=3939180&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>> instr. - it can't play?  Let me know it this is what you can help me
>>> with?
>>>
>>> Cheers - Gregg
>>>
>>> --

>>> href="<a href="x-msg://12/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;amp;amp;node=3933272&amp;amp;amp;i=1">x-msg://12/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;amp;node=3933272&amp;amp;i=1">x-msg://12/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=3933272&amp;i=1"
>>> target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]
>>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qutecsound-users

>> href="<a href="x-msg://12/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;amp;amp;node=3933272&amp;amp;amp;i=2">x-msg://12/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;amp;node=3933272&amp;amp;i=2">x-msg://12/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=3933272&amp;i=2"
>> target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]

http://qutecsound-users.829572.n3.nabble.com/Re-Qutecsound-users-Output-Filename-tp3862503p3939180.html
To unsubscribe from Re: [Qutecsound-users] Output Filename, click here.
NAML

Re: [Qutecsound-users] Output Filename

Yes, any audio file will work, except for some compressed formats like
mp3 or aac.