Re: [Qutecsound-users] jack question

Tarmo Johannes
Hello,

I guess you are using CsoundQt 0,8 with csound6?

If you have jack running, started from example with qjackctl and you press to
input and output selction buttons in CsoundQt->Configure->Run

you should see the possible ports and can choose your input/output

So you can connect to physical oputputs but also to any running jack client.

If that does not work, you can enter manually
for input: adc:system:capture_
and output: dac:system:playback_

To my experience, in linux jack works better and with smaller latency than
alsa (especially with real-time kernel), so it is definitely worth to try!

best!
tarmo