make terminating with: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcsnd

make terminating with: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcsnd

xharx
I have done git clone git://qutecsound.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/qutecsound/qutecsound
I have done qmake qcs.pro CONFIG+=build32, without errors.
then make. It terminated with the error:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcsnd
collect2: Fehler: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück

Did I make a mistake when building csound?
I use Arch Linux

Re: [Qutecsound-users] make terminating with: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcsnd

Apologies for the late reply...

libcsnd is the interfaces library (for C++, Java, Python etc. interfaces). You probably need an additional package, or if you are building Csound yourself, then make sure you are building the interfaces.

However, I think I have removed the need for linking to libcsnd, so I'll see if I can remove it from the build requirements.

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 2:26 PM, xharx <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have done git clone
git://qutecsound.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/qutecsound/qutecsound
I have done qmake qcs.pro CONFIG+=build32, without errors.
then make. It terminated with the error:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcsnd
collect2: Fehler: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück

Did I make a mistake when building csound?
I use Arch Linux

Re: make terminating with: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcsnd

xharx
Thanks for the reply. The problem stays unchanged. Last output:

g++ -m64 -Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro -Wl,-O1 -o bin/CsoundQt-f build/floats/obj/about.o build/floats/obj/configdialog.o build/floats/obj/configlists.o build/floats/obj/console.o build/floats/obj/csoundengine.o build/floats/obj/csoundoptions.o build/floats/obj/curve.o build/floats/obj/dockhelp.o build/floats/obj/documentpage.o build/floats/obj/documentview.o build/floats/obj/dotgenerator.o build/floats/obj/eventsheet.o build/floats/obj/findreplace.o build/floats/obj/framewidget.o build/floats/obj/graphicwindow.o build/floats/obj/highlighter.o build/floats/obj/inspector.o build/floats/obj/keyboardshortcuts.o build/floats/obj/liveeventcontrol.o build/floats/obj/liveeventframe.o build/floats/obj/main.o build/floats/obj/node.o build/floats/obj/opentryparser.o build/floats/obj/options.o build/floats/obj/qutebutton.o build/floats/obj/qutecheckbox.o build/floats/obj/qutecombobox.o build/floats/obj/quteconsole.o build/floats/obj/qutecsound.o build/floats/obj/qutedummy.o build/floats/obj/qutegraph.o build/floats/obj/quteknob.o build/floats/obj/qutemeter.o build/floats/obj/qutescope.o build/floats/obj/quteslider.o build/floats/obj/qutespinbox.o build/floats/obj/qutetext.o build/floats/obj/qutewidget.o build/floats/obj/texteditor.o build/floats/obj/utilitiesdialog.o build/floats/obj/widgetlayout.o build/floats/obj/widgetpanel.o build/floats/obj/widgetpreset.o build/floats/obj/qutesheet.o build/floats/obj/basedocument.o build/floats/obj/baseview.o build/floats/obj/appwizard.o build/floats/obj/appdetailspage.o build/floats/obj/pluginspage.o build/floats/obj/additionalfilespage.o build/floats/obj/scoreeditor.o build/floats/obj/filebeditor.o build/floats/obj/moc_about.o build/floats/obj/moc_configdialog.o build/floats/obj/moc_console.o build/floats/obj/moc_csoundengine.o build/floats/obj/moc_dockhelp.o build/floats/obj/moc_documentpage.o build/floats/obj/moc_documentview.o build/floats/obj/moc_eventsheet.o build/floats/obj/moc_findreplace.o build/floats/obj/moc_framewidget.o build/floats/obj/moc_graphicwindow.o build/floats/obj/moc_highlighter.o build/floats/obj/moc_inspector.o build/floats/obj/moc_keyboardshortcuts.o build/floats/obj/moc_liveeventcontrol.o build/floats/obj/moc_liveeventframe.o build/floats/obj/moc_qutebutton.o build/floats/obj/moc_qutecheckbox.o build/floats/obj/moc_qutecombobox.o build/floats/obj/moc_quteconsole.o build/floats/obj/moc_qutecsound.o build/floats/obj/moc_qutedummy.o build/floats/obj/moc_qutegraph.o build/floats/obj/moc_quteknob.o build/floats/obj/moc_qutemeter.o build/floats/obj/moc_qutescope.o build/floats/obj/moc_quteslider.o build/floats/obj/moc_qutespinbox.o build/floats/obj/moc_qutetext.o build/floats/obj/moc_qutewidget.o build/floats/obj/moc_texteditor.o build/floats/obj/moc_utilitiesdialog.o build/floats/obj/moc_widgetlayout.o build/floats/obj/moc_widgetpanel.o build/floats/obj/moc_qutesheet.o build/floats/obj/moc_basedocument.o build/floats/obj/moc_baseview.o build/floats/obj/moc_appwizard.o build/floats/obj/moc_appdetailspage.o build/floats/obj/moc_pluginspage.o build/floats/obj/moc_additionalfilespage.o build/floats/obj/moc_scoreeditor.o build/floats/obj/moc_filebeditor.o build/floats/obj/qrc_application.o build/floats/obj/qrc_pythonscripts.o build/floats/obj/qrc_icons.o    -L/usr/lib -L/usr/lib -lcsound -lcsnd -lsndfile -lpthread -lQtXml -lQtGui -lQtCore
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcsnd
collect2: Fehler: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück
make: *** [bin/CsoundQt-f] Fehler 1

Re: make terminating with: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcsnd

xharx
Also, when i compile csound with buildPythonWrapper=1
I get

[...]
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libcsound.a(csmodule.o): undefined reference to symbol 'dlclose@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'dlclose@@GLIBC_2.2.5' is defined in DSO /usr/lib/libdl.so.2 so try adding it to the linker command line
/usr/lib/libdl.so.2: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: Fehler: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück
make: *** [bin/CsoundQt-f] Fehler 1

Re: [Qutecsound-users] make terminating with: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcsnd

xharx
Yes. I made make clean and make distclean, then
qmake qcs.pro CONFIG+=build32
and
make -j4
the output like in the last post

Re: [Qutecsound-users] make terminating with: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcsnd

You are right, and although I removed some dependencies on libcsnd,
I'm still using CsoundPerformanceThread, which is found there.

So you will need to build the interfaces library (libcsnd). There's no
need to build the python wrapper for this, just building the
interfaces library (buildInterfaces=1 if I remember correctly) is
enough.

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 1:57 AM, xharx <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes. I made make clean and make distclean, then
> qmake qcs.pro CONFIG+=build32
> and
> make -j4
> the output like in the last post

Re: [Qutecsound-users] make terminating with: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcsnd

xharx
This post was updated on .
When  compile Csound with buildInterfaces=1
i get this: (sorry, I made an error in the post from Feb 14)